Help - I cheated

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by sarahsunshine, 9 January 2009 Social URL.

1. sarahsunshine

sarahsunshine Member

Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS +
    I need some advice. I am on day two and was fine until this afternoon when something took over my will power and I had 2 biscuits and some figs - why why///

I now feel very low and disappointed at myself.:sigh:

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    This is very easy to happen and the best advice is to move forward...you might be tempted to nibble again but it really is best not to as you are only delaying getting into ketosis and once there the diet will become much easier.

You are doing well to get this far.

Love Mini xxx

4. sarahsunshine

sarahsunshine Member

Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS +
    Thank you :) My other half is in ketosis already after 2 days - is this normal?

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    It happens as everyone is different and especially if he had been cutting down on the carbs before starting.

6. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Any time anything unfortunate happens, you have to just do as Mini suggests, move forward, but remember how you felt after you had "cheated" and remember it well - it will serve you for when you feel like cheating again.

Whats done is done, so draw a line under it, and remember that you can start again from now, right this second! and not wait until tomorrow (I lose count of the number of times I've heard my Mum say at 6pm "oh I've had a biscuit now, oh well, I'll start being good again tomorrow....")

A blip is a blip, but it's only a blip, and doesn't have to ruin an entire day :)

Best of luck for tomorrow!

PS: Ketosis after 2 days isn't uncommon, I reckon I was pretty much right in it by mid-day 3, as Mini says if your OH has been cutting down carbs then that'll have made it quicker too, though everyone is different. You'll be there too, soon enough :)

Mini likes this.
  7. elizabethjohn

elizabethjohn Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(20.35%)
    Diet:
    low carb no dairy
    throw them out ...... ive got my own fridge full of water and coke zero ... stops me seing all the goodies in the big fridge and the biscuit tin is on top of their fridge so there not in my face also i gave my son all my fave foods including cheeses to take home ... so theres nothing to tempt me

good luck

liz xx

8. sarahsunshine

sarahsunshine Member

Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS +
    Thank you everyone :):) I am still eating much much less than before anyway but will forge ahead again tomorrow xx

9. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

That's the right attitude Sarah, keep going it'll be soooo worth it when you see the fantastic results!!
    xx

10. pink-sarah

pink-sarah Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cwp
    hi sarah, I for 1 have fallen off the wagon an few times and the best thing i find to do is the next day, pick yourself up and start again.. dont dwell on it too much..

good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.