Help, I have some questions!

Feuervogel

JUDDD Worshipper
Hello all :)
I am very interested in the JUDDDD and I have had a look at the official website (thanks for the link provided!). Still I have some questions, and I hope you can help me out.
1. The website says the induction phase must last 2 weeks and then
After a two-week induction phase, the amount of restriction necessary on Down Days will depend upon your goals.
What does this mean? Does this mean I have to stick to the strict plan for much longer/until I have reached the weight I want to achieve?

2. I read in the forum some people alternate their days in a way to keep their weekends as UD. But I am not allowed to have two DD in a row. How do I alternate then?

3. Some critics say this diet leads straight into an eating disorder. What's your opinion on that?

4. Do I need the book or can I do it freestyle?

5. What are these "medium days" all about?

Thanks so much, and sorry for being a pain.

Last edited:
Hi if you look at the TOP there is a question & answer THREAD.!

info in there for you to read.!!

That's true Shanny but you will find LikePhoenixFromTheAshes' questions not answered there and since there is a reply from LikePhoenixFromTheAshes in the thread I assume she has read it.

@Phoenix: I would buy the book. I have tried to find lots of answers to several questions but eventually ordered the book today. It is not expensive either :) .

Oh brilliant, let's see what it is like :) . I tried to find it in the shops today but ended up ordering it online. Such a huge amount of slimming and diet books but as always (sod's law) not the one I wanted.

Thank you both :D! Of course I have read the Q&A at the top of the thread, and I have also read through the official website. Unfortunately my questions above have not been answered either on the official website nor here. That's why I put them here.
I have ordered the book now, too. Maybe my questions will be answered there. If not, I'll be back :D:D

Hi hope the book helps us all out, as im not knowledgeable about JUDDD and i know the few people on here are starting now or in a few weeks.!

It's a quiet board really. Karen is doing well on the diet so far.

x

Yes I do read the JUDDD diaries on this site and find them quite interesting. I hope JUDDD works for me :) .

Hi Phoenix. I will try answer some of your questions but if I was you I would just try not to take things too literally, just give it a try for a couple of weeks and see if it is for you. I lost 5lb the first week then nothing the second week. I will give it a few more weeks to see if it is going to work for me the way I am doing it then I may need to tweak things.

1. The website says the induction phase must last 2 weeks and then
Quote:
After a two-week induction phase, the amount of restriction necessary on Down Days will depend upon your goals.
What does this mean? Does this mean I have to stick to the strict plan for much longer/until I have reached the weight I want to achieve?

My answer - I am going to keep at it using 500 calories on my down days. I do not intend on having more on my down days, I may have less on my up days though but 500 is just the right amount for me, i couldnt do any less.

2. I read in the forum some people alternate their days in a way to keep their weekends as UD. But I am not allowed to have two DD in a row. How do I alternate then?

My answer - last week my down day was thursday but i needed saturday to be an up day, so I made friday a medium day where I had about 800 - 1000 calories and called it a medium day and had saturday as my up day. I call a medium day about 800-1000 cals. I suppose it is all trial and error, every one is different.

3. Some critics say this diet leads straight into an eating disorder. What's your opinion on that?

My answer is - load of rubbish but that is my personal opinion. I think if you feel yourself slipping into that kind of mentality then it is not the diet for you.

4. Do I need the book or can I do it freestyle?
My answer is - just freestyle it, I read that someone who had bought the book was disappointed as you can just get the same info from the web. I think it was one of the book reveiws on amazon i read that.

5. What are these "medium days" all about?
my answer is - as above

Thanks so much, and sorry for being a pain.
my answer is - ask away, shy bairns get nowt! lol

good luck. try not to take it too seriously otherwise you might end up disappointed, just give it a whirl and see what tomorrow brings.

Karen

Thanks so much, Karen!
I did not see you're from Durham, but when I read "Shy bairns get nowt" I had to look, because it's such a NE thing to say :D I am from Northumberland.
Thanks so much again for your time and effort.

hey phoenix no problems. as I say I am no expert on Juddd, mainly just from research and reading back through peoples diaries and experiences that I have found some info and also my own experiences. and yeah, shy bairns.......it is a geordie thing to say lol
good luck, just go with the flow and see how you get on.

Back