help! I need exercises...

BlackRose

Gold Member
I am having a bad day. I mean a bad day! New suite arrived -unfinished! Not even the wrong one but actually unfinished! OH still recovering from crazy flu -my youngest has just gotten over vomiting and diarrhea and now my 11 year old is throwing just everything he thinks of eating up.

The house is a complete tip cus most of the living room is in the kitchen -toys all over the place -an absolute MOUNTAIN of ironing to do. With not even enough room to set up the ironing board. Piles of washing to be done -why am I not able to keep on top of this?! Why does it always keep just pililng up til I feel utterly out of control?

I'm feeling both knackered and bursting of energy and honestly -I want to stuff my face so so badly its not even human. SO now I know! Now I know what I do. I take stress out on me. I eat to quell the stress and hopeless feeling. This isn't hunger -this is self-flagellation!:cry::cry::cry: But the urge is still there no matter what we may call it.

I have to do something -I cant go out cus I'm waiting on the kids coming back (they've abandoned me to the housework and went to their nan's lol) and I think I need some extreme and painful exercises.

I have weights so I might just push an hour of body pump onto myself -if I'm going to punish my body for feeling this way then I may as well do something productive right?

GOD!! At the same time I just want to lie down and sleep!

Please -if anyone has some exercise that I can do at home -as soon as I can to smother this awful feeling - please do share...
:cry::eek::eek:

Do you have a Wii , failing that get your trainers on and walk briskly for 4 mins then jog for a minute - do it a couple of times round the block then come in - admittedly feeling knackered and start on the house !! That was my solution after the washing machine flooded, house a tip and wet washing all over, add that to an incontinant dog who thought the dry washing was there for her to pee on !
At least you are losing weight and can smile about it :)
with love

OK Rose I seem to recall you using this line but heck that means it must be a goodunn.....breathe...........breathe............and now slower and deeper..........yep am still talking about breathing take that smutty thought out ya head:D Seriously though deep breathing exercises are a great stress buster.
OK the house well take it on one square foot at a time that is what I have done with mine slowly but steadily whipping it into shape.......as for the eating to deal with stress, as I have said quite openly each pound of my weight is a pound of emotional baggage...now I am shedding it my tolerance for things that I have simply accepted is lessening.......the kids are having to learn things don't simply materialise back in their right place...work is having to realise I can say no...with changing your behaviours like that you can gain some time back in the day...you can use this to get organised and to start exercising......the stairs are a great free piece of kit to run up. Can you join freecycle and see who has an exercise bike or a treadmill going free..or get out for a walk when you can ...let other half pick up some slack if he doesn't alread, be just a tad selfish for a change xxx
As for ironing I hang all my stuff up on the hangers and spray them with a water spray most the creases drop out ...I avoid ironing as much as possible I loathe it

OK Rose I seem to recall you using this line but heck that means it must be a goodunn.....breathe...........breathe............and now slower and deeper..........yep am still talking about breathing take that smutty thought out ya head:D Seriously though deep breathing exercises are a great stress buster.
OK the house well take it on one square foot at a time that is what I have done with mine slowly but steadily whipping it into shape.......as for the eating to deal with stress, as I have said quite openly each pound of my weight is a pound of emotional baggage...now I am shedding it my tolerance for things that I have simply accepted is lessening.......the kids are having to learn things don't simply materialise back in their right place...work is having to realise I can say no...with changing your behaviours like that you can gain some time back in the day...you can use this to get organised and to start exercising......the stairs are a great free piece of kit to run up. Can you join freecycle and see who has an exercise bike or a treadmill going free..or get out for a walk when you can ...let other half pick up some slack if he doesn't alread, be just a tad selfish for a change xxx
As for ironing I hang all my stuff up on the hangers and spray them with a water spray most the creases drop out ...I avoid ironing as much as possible I loathe it

Damn! My words keep coming back to bite me on the bum! lol

Good tips -goin to use the stairs as much as poss -but have irritable neighbours syndrome. I like that Ironing tip! I dont usually do much ironing -if it come out of tumble dryer wearable its done! lol But I'm tryin to organise the place a bit bewtter and things have just piled up crazily!

So...I'm taking a little at a time. Goin to phone my friend for a coffe and a walk and clear my head.

We'd all be great if we could take our own advice sometimes wouldn't we? lmao

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

p.s. Gotta get me a bloody Wii Fit!! Though now that I think of it the wii sports is a pretty good thing itself -right when my son comes back he's hooking it up 4 me! (terrible to rely on an 11 year old for that isnt it lol)

Awww sorry chick to hear ya are stressed out. Well I have just finished 45min dance exercise to Dirty Dancing. I love the music on it but god I can nowhere dance like that but hey I did my best. If ya had have seen my moves to Johnnys mambo even Patrick Swayze would have died laughing but hey it got a sweat up and I am thankful nobody else was in the room to see me and it was fun to do. If ya need a copy let me know!! I have been hearing alot about the nintendo wii lately so have ya have got one of those hop on that, if that fails go out for a walk/jog. Dont be worrying about the house, cleaning or anything else, for now run yourself a hot bath and have some relaxing time for yourself and get those bad thoughts out of your head, its one of those days. Take care chick

I reckon you need Dr. Fattothin to come and sort you out;-)

Aww Rose, i'll help with the ironing if you like?:D

LMAO!! Some ppl are so cheeky -watch out sailor jack or there'll a be delivery of kids clothes needing ironed arriving at your house! lol

I'm off to check out the 100 push ups site... I'm feelin better today but it cant hurt to get the exercise on the go anyways eh?

Thanks folks -Thank fook for minimins or I'd still be sittin on the kitchen floor eating ;) ;)

thanks mac -I've thought about it but we've no garden and I'd just wreck the house if I tried to indoors lol

I'd love to though..also -the need for a sports bra is crucial! ;) ;)

Just to let ppl know -that 100 push up site is really good! :D

Back