Help I need some inspiration

Its early days yet, keep strong, make sure you keep up with the kids, give things time and hope the counselling helps

Bit of a better day, no happier but coming to terms with things and coping better. Plus I'm enjoying my time with the kids, it doesn't feel like a chore. Think i'm beginning to like myself again, haven't for years. Haven't done any exercise today and feel oddly guilty so off for a late swim session. Besides hopefully it'll take my mind off wanting to eat chocolate and drink cider!

Any suggestions for keeping the craving at bay, currently have 50 odd magic elves in the kitchen, stocked up as were on offer, and I can't see them lasting long as I just want to eat them all!

Hi Chris,
just read through your thread and I'm glad you are starting to feel a bit better. It will take time though-you've been going through a lot.

Thought I would just say 1 magic elf is 3.5 syns so if you ate 50 of them it would be 175syns! (although I bet you haven't really got 50. I bet that was a slight exageration ;) lol)

How to keep those cravings away? I always have an options hot chocolate on standby- at 2 syns it's chocolatey and 'cos it's warm I find it quite comforting :)

I bought 63, 1 shy of a whole box the other day as they were on offer. 3 for 50p, so yes i've got about 50 left!!!

Got a couple of options sachets so will prob have one before bed.

Another day nearly over, woot. Apart from the cider I'm pretty much back on track now. Food has become less appealing and as such easier to view as fuel and so get the balance right.

Been burning the candle at both ends, late nights, early mornings and lots of exercise, so really need some sleep but dread it as it's always full of messed up dreams.

Any tips or ideas to improve quality of sleep?

Right fed the elderly (mother) and now off to try and make syn free bbq sauce to go with meatballs and roasted veggies for tmmrws sw thingy.

Another day nearly over, woot. Apart from the cider I'm pretty much back on track now. Food has become less appealing and as such easier to view as fuel and so get the balance right.

Been burning the candle at both ends, late nights, early mornings and lots of exercise, so really need some sleep but dread it as it's always full of messed up dreams.

Any tips or ideas to improve quality of sleep?

Right fed the elderly (mother) and now off to try and make syn free bbq sauce to go with meatballs and roasted veggies for tmmrws sw thingy.

Horlicks? Some relaxation tapes or something? A couple of hours on here or watching a feel-good movie, followed by a hot bath and an early night, with a couple of drops of lavender oil on your pillow. x

Another day nearly over 2.5lb gain at WI. Not surprising with Pizza and Cider but very de-motivating. Would be a shame to give up but just want junk comfort food and booze. Been over doing it with the exercise as well, day on day off from now till my body gets used to it.

All sorts of feelings at the moment but mainly low ones. Should be on an up as insurance company called today to say cheque in the post to me for £20,000. It just seems meaningless atm. Will pay off my debt and put rest into savings.

My experiences with cancer, loosing my job and relationship end have all tought me the most valuable lesson of all. Money and 'things' really don't matter. I used to live in hope of that big magical money wand to solve all my problems. Now it's here (kinda, £20,000 is a lot of money to me!) and I couldn't care less. I lost sight of what was really important and became a selfish obsessive person whom I didn't like, let alone anyone else.

Ho hum tmmrw is another day.

Please keep any motivational tips coming. I just feel like what's the point anyhow atm.

A strong drowsy anti histamine helps me sleep when im struggling, such as piriton. :)
Why dontcha use some of the money to take the kids away for a weekend? things dont make u happy, but help u make some happy memories, plus im sure nothing will make u happier than spending time with them:)
You've done so well - please dont give up!! I think if i'd been through what you have for the past few weeks i'd of put a hell of a lot more on!
Have you looked into volunteering in the oncology ward yet?
xxxxx

Done some job hunting as need to go back to work end of the month. Big fat cheque arrived in post. Will prob sleep with it under my pillow, how sad. Moderate exercise, swimming and gym. Still feeling quite hollow and empty inside but do feel better about myself and where I'm going. First proper councilling session went well. Got me to think better of myself and stop holding back and do the things I want to do. Made a start by finally getting car seats for the kids so I don't have to keep borrowing them off the ex. Plus it will make it easier for me to take the kids out more. I've been advised to keep jotting my thoughts down in the form of some sort of blog so i'm using this. Mods feel free to move it into off topic.
Also got my ex an ipod dock stereo thingy. I wanted to get one when I was with her, just never seemed to have the money so didn't hold back and got one. Kind of a no hard feelings gesture and because I know she wanted one. Hopefully it'll benefit the kids too.
I've been advised to be a little more thoughtful to others by councillor and i've extended that to my ex as well as I still care about her and can't stay bitter.
Used my son as slave labour. Got him to hoover, wash table and fetch bits and bobs for tea. Made the evening easier and was pleasant. I really enjoyed it. Note to self, enjoy the little things. He even did his reading with no messing. Dropped in on ex's mother. Still get on well with her and it was nice to hear she was doing ok.

Decided I'm putting over half windfall into savings, paying off debt, tidying the car up and having a bloody good holiday next year! Think that's fairly sensible. Might treat myself to a good digi camera for the holiday and maybe an ipod thingy as well.

All in all a better day. Back on plan with the diet too.

aww how lovely of you to get the ipod dock :)

glad things seem to be turning a corner and going well for you-im sure you'll find a job soon!

lol'ing at the thought of the slave labour though!....can just picture him doing it!

Struggling a bit today so had chips for tea, sw ones lol. Just a bit blugh tbh. Not much to say really. Probably going to Thailand in May so something to look forward to.

Retail therapy. Went and looked at cars and ended up buying one. Not my intention but damn good deal on a Kia Ceed 2 diesel with 7 years full warranty and £30 a year road tax, yay! Still enough left to pay off debt, have a holibob and put 5k away. So yes on a bit of a high as good things don't happen to me very often atm. Roll on week on Monday. Justified the car as has 5* NCAP rating and 5 doors so safer and easier for the kids!!!
Ex had her hair done and it looks great, still wish things were different but ho hum that's life. Depressions a bugger but it's finally being sorted out properly now.
So some big smiley faces :D:D:D:D:D...............................for now

aah so glad to read you're feeling a bit better. Congrats on the car!! Sounds lovely. Great idea to buy your ex something, keeping everything civil is wonderful for the kids, sounds like you're a really great dad. Having a holiday to work towards is great too, for the weight loss and just for something positive in general to look forward to. This really cheered me up reading that you're doing well :) xxxx

Thanks Clairex, nobodies accused me of ever being a good dad. That comment is helping towards snapping me out of my dark mood today. The car novelty has worn off already, hopefully it'll come back when I actually get the thing.

Currently in bed with lemsip and feeling sorry for myself and lonely. Sore throat and stinking headache. Need a hobby but just can't be bothered. Seeing the kids this afternoon but nothing else to do.

Roll on next week and hopefully some good news about jobs.

So far both my mum and my ex's mother both think if I go to Thailand i'll come back with a wife, lmao at that!

Back