Help - ideas on how to use my points!

Less Rotund One

Gold Member
Hi all, on my first week after doing W8 for 10 weeks and am struggling big time to eat my points.

I think I will be damaging my weight loss if I don't eat them....the consultant told me not to go under 14 per day when I got weighed last week and to use any saved points.

I get weighed tomorrow and so far I have 18 saved up points - and there is no way I can eat them.

I am just not hungry - and don't want to resort to chocolate and crisps as I have been really disciplined over the last 10 weeks staying away from them. I know that if I start down that route, I won't be able to keep it under control. I think I have to face up to the fact that abstinence around chocolate/sugar is the only way for me longer term to keep my weight off.

I need some suggestions on higher point - healthier choices that I can eat to use my points.

I know this sounds like a strange problem to have and I reckon that in a few weeks I will be running out of points but need help in the short term.

Thanks for any suggestions. :sigh:

LRO xx

i would just start off by not going for lower fat stuff.... thna once you get used to eating and want more, move to lower cal healthy choices. ie not have ww bread have normal bread

Post an example of what you eat daily and I'll try suggest ways to make the points higher while eating the same amount.

Thanks.

Breakfast - Porridge (made with water not milk and salt not sugar! - Scottish you see!) or
scrambled egg (2 eggs) on toast (ww bread) or
dry cereal (don't like it with milk - could eat yogurt with it though)

1/2 pint milk as skinny latte

Lunches: quorn mince with bolgnese sauce served with loads of veg or
Vegetable and lentil soup (home made) or
Weight watcher ready meal

Dinner: Fish in parsley sauce - loads of veg. or
Chicken stir fry - no rice etc or
weight watchers ready meal or
Quorn fillets in a sauce with veg.

Snacks: Satsumas (mainly, as I just love them), Walkers baked crisps, Alpen light bars, melba toast with extra light philadelphia, crackerbread with extra light philly and tomatoes, just tomatoes (yum),low fat yogurts

See, its not that I am not eating...I am - and I am full after my meals so don't feel deprived.

LRO xx

How many points are you on a day?

I had the same problem when I started, although now seem to run out of points! ha ha! My mum eats porridge that way! Dont know how you do it!!
I would have normal philadelphia or even just the light one, then you can always switch to light later on.

Add some olive oil to your stirfry. 3.5 points for 1 tablespoon. Butter to the scrambled eggs. Semi-skimmed or whole milk in the latte, etc. All add points without changing what you're eating! x

Sandy, I am on 18 points a day (not counting any activity points - just pretending I am not having any for now as it will only complicate matters further)

I don't know how anyone can have porridge any other way :D:D

LRO x

Thanks.

Breakfast - Porridge (made with water not milk and salt not sugar! - Scottish you see!) or
scrambled egg (2 eggs) on toast (ww bread) or
dry cereal (don't like it with milk - could eat yogurt with it though)

1/2 pint milk as skinny latte

Lunches: quorn mince with bolgnese sauce served with loads of veg or
Vegetable and lentil soup (home made) or
Weight watcher ready meal

Dinner: Fish in parsley sauce - loads of veg. or
Chicken stir fry - no rice etc or
weight watchers ready meal or
Quorn fillets in a sauce with veg.

Snacks: Satsumas (mainly, as I just love them), Walkers baked crisps, Alpen light bars, melba toast with extra light philadelphia, crackerbread with extra light philly and tomatoes, just tomatoes (yum),low fat yogurts

See, its not that I am not eating...I am - and I am full after my meals so don't feel deprived.

LRO xx

if you're still trying to add points...

put some creme fraiche and chives into your scrambled eggs (Gordon Ramsay style - best scrambled eggs EVER), change your bread to normal bread for the time being.

pop some cream into your soup for lunch, change your extra light for just light or normal philadelphia, grate some cheese on your bolognese. soon adds up :) x

am liking the butter and olive oil ideas - that would be easy and would make the food that bit nicer too.

I sound dead fussy but don't like semi or whole milk - so that ideas out....just too creamy for my liking.

When I have finished the philly that I have, I will switch to a higher fat version - good plan too.

Thanks all - going to the recipes thread to get some additional ideas. Think I also need to buy the shopping guide tomorrow at class to help make my shopping easier.

LRO xx

Also tesco lighter choice meals all have weight watcher points on them but they tend to have a higher points value than the WW ones.

I dont think I could survive on 18! I am on 24 and I struggle! lol! Although I am saving this week and going for an indian buffet on Friday! lol
Glad you said that sandy cause I just went a bit mental in Summerston Asda...5 for £4...its rude not to! lol!
Have a peppercorn chicken, peri peri chicken and madras that I can remember! Very excited! :D

You are soooo right. Once I get back into the swing of eating - there will be no stopping me.

Just conscious that I don't want to sabotage my efforts by slowing my body down. I think when you are in ketosis on the vlcd it works differently but certainly not in ketosis now (although not eating too many carbs either)

Some really good recipes online too which I will have a go at.

Just wait till week 3 and I am scraping around looking for the points for my tea at night :rolleyes: - well, weigh in tomorrow. Will let you know the outcome

LRO xx

I dont think I could survive on 18! I am on 24 and I struggle! lol! Although I am saving this week and going for an indian buffet on Friday! lol
Glad you said that sandy cause I just went a bit mental in Summerston Asda...5 for £4...its rude not to! lol!
Have a peppercorn chicken, peri peri chicken and madras that I can remember! Very excited! :D

This is seriously sad but next time youre in can you see if they have their own brand low fat macaroni cheese ready meal. Helen St Bishopbriggs & Linwood dont and I LOVE it :eek: Id go to Summerston if they had it and stock up on it lol

I shall have a look tomorrow! Not that impressed with Asda tho cause I can never get my pate or the mushroom pizza. Even Govan doesnt have the pate, tescos dont have it,only place is sainsburys who charge more!

good luck! :) xxx

Back