help...i'm not sure

tomsamkev

Just trying to get started. Had fish,veg and fruit so far today. Having beef casserole for dinner with lots of veg...what would be best to have with it...rice, couscous or potatoes:confused:

it's the extra easy bit that's confusing me!!! I thought that having meat meant I was having a red day...please can you explain the difference?

If you're having an Extra Easy day, any of the above, but I'd say potatoes go best with casserole...that's just personal preference!

You have had a red day so far, yes. That would mean you could have 2 A and 2 B healthy extras.

If, however, you want carbs with your dinner, have an EE day. You could only have one A and one B HE choice then...but could have spuds or rice or couscous, whichver you prefer!

Have you had any of your A or B choices yet today?

On extra easy you can free foods from red and green days as long as your plate is a 1/3 filled with "super free" foods. These are most non-starchy fruit and veg. Hope that helps? x

Have a read of Slimming World Advice for New comers (Including Extra Easy) on the threads above. Red days are where you eat mainly protein foods but you can have two healthy extra a's and B's. So your day will depend on how many healthy extras you have had.

only had a little milk in 2 cups of coffee so going to have couscous with the morrocan beef casserole...meaning i will have had an ee day if i've understood correctly?

yes that would make it an EE day. But if you haven't had your HEXB's today you could have them both as potatoes or wholewheat pasta and have a red day! You can't have rice as a HEXb though.

I personally still get a bit lost with the EE and tend to stick to either a red or green!

Good luck - it becomes second nature after a while :)

Yes - you will need to have the rest of your milk in order to make it up to one full HE-A and you'll still have a B choice, so could have some wholemeal bread with your dinner too, or some cereal bars, or whatever you fancied later as well.

Back