HELP! - Is Tesco Light choices cottage cheese free?

kookiethekat

Really worried now, been eating it by the tub full and just put it into the syns calculator and it is coming up as 12 syns a tub!!

If it isn't, does anyone know any that is

Yes it is free on either plan - the syns calculator can be confusing so I double checked it on syns online for you.

Yes it's definately free, as is the tesco light choices cottage cheese with pineapple or chives.

Moved to Syn Forum

Thank you all, and sorry Sandy - I just paniced and posted it anywere lol xx

I love the cottage cheese with Pineapple, yummy

Just found this in the search area. I've bought the tesco light choices cottage cheese with chives and the 300g pot came up as 12 syns on the syn calculator on the website! Can anybody tell me if this is definately free please as i'm making a quiche for dinner for myself, daughter and partner and don't want to go over syns. Thanks, Claire

Yes it is definitely free - you probably didn't include the free food allowance at the start of the calculation. Is it not listed on syns online though? Always check there before using the calculator.

Only run things through the calculator if it's not listed on the syns online bit - the bit where you put Tesco in and then cottage cheese.

Everything has a syn value if put through the calculator and the free food allowance isn't used and I'm not sure there is a cottage cheese free food allowance anyway!

Only run things through the calculator if it's not listed on the syns online bit - the bit where you put Tesco in and then cottage cheese.

Everything has a syn value if put through the calculator and the free food allowance isn't used and I'm not sure there is a cottage cheese free food allowance anyway!

Cottage cheese definitely counts as a free food allowance, it's in the drop down list. If the cottage cheese is not fat free this will be accounted for when it calculates according to the fat content of the entire product anyway.

(The only point in the calculator is for stuff that DOES have a free food allowance anyway - otherwise it is always 1 syn per 20 calories)

Ah, fair enough. I hardly ever use the calculator though, as I don't find it particularly accurate and most things are listed under manufacturer now.
The synned things I eat are normally non free food anyway!!

Back