Help... It's take away Friday and I have just started Atkins..

LaurenaC

I'm in induction and we are having a take-away tonight. Before Atkins I would have a chicken tikka massala or korma from Indian, a sweet and sour chicken from Chinese and a kebab with sweetcorn mayo if going to the kebab house. Obviously I know that I should avoid all breads, rice and nans but can I have my usual without these?:mad:

What can I now eat tonight.. I hate dry meats..

Please, please help me.. !

Thank you!!

If I have take away whilst low carbing I tend to get chicken kebab without the pitta just with salad and mayo or maybe beef and mushroom from Chinese or something. That's all I can suggest really sorry not much use lol. Not always sure what marinades they use tho so could be carby but it's never taken me out of ketosis :)

If I have take away whilst low carbing I tend to get chicken kebab without the pitta just with salad and mayo or maybe beef and mushroom from Chinese or something. That's all I can suggest really sorry not much use lol. Not always sure what marinades they use tho so could be carby but it's never taken me out of ketosis :)

Thanks so much for answering me... I really don't want to get out of Ketosis but bloody hell I love a curry.. I'm sure that if I ask the curry house to make sure that my curry is made with cream instead of anything else then they would do it.. LOL.. I will try and justify the takeaway as much as I can.. LOL

maybe ask them what they put in their curries and ask if they could change it abit if there's anything carby in there if you really want curry or go for the kebab. I remember once when on this diet having a mixed kebab from my take away which comes with chips and a pitta, but asked for it without those and put my own mayo on, they must have thought whats the point in ordering that and taking half the ingredients away haha. It was still really nice and so filling and I stayed in ketosis too!:)

I often have saag paneer, cauliflower bhaji and chicken tikka. Last night I swapped the tikka for chicken mirch masala as I really wanted something hot and spicy.

I only ever have half for dinner (with the other half for breakfast - yum!!) ;)

Hope this helps!

P x

I used to go the kebab route on my earlier spells on Atkins, the goal of keeping in ketosis was always met... but it definitely slowed down the weight loss.

Back