Extra Easy HELP! I've lost my motivation :-(

flabtofit

Gold Member
Okay, I've been doing Slimming World since September 2012 and since then have lost 3st 9lbs.

I'm about 12lbs off the initial target that I set myself.

I've had a bit of a rough time lately - without banging on, my Dad has been poorly, I've had a car crash and am currently in the middle of moving house. All with a 3yr old and 6month old baby in tow!

For the last month I've been toying with SW - the first few months I was super motivated and had some great losses. I even managed to get straight back to plan after a Xmas gain.

But now, despite being so close to target and really wanting to get there, I can't seem to get back into the swing of things. I start the day with the intention of being on plan and end up having a few treats and then continuing to 'treat' myself, blowing my day on plan.
Stupid thing is, I actually prefer healthier foods so really have no idea why I'm doing it!

I know I'm looking at a gain on Thursday as during the move I've been having convenience foods. I'll take the gain as it's deserved but really need to find a way to get my motivation back, start losing again and get to target - even though I'm close, I am no way happy with how I look yet.

I am really worried that if I don't find my motivation and get back to plan that I'll start to gain back a the weight I've lost as this has happened before.

Sorry for the rant. Any advice would be appreciated. X

hiya, sorry to hear your having a rough time. I just wanted to say your not alone. I have been seriously lacking motivation for the past few weeks and I dont know why!! I have eaten so much chocolate over easter and feel pretty disgusted with myself now!! I too prefer healthy food but can't seem to stop eating rubbish once I have started! Its weigh in for me tomorrow,.im looking forward to getting the gain over with and moving on. Maybe you could do a list for inspiration that you could stick on your fridge door with ways of getting a good loss that week, it seems to help me if I have a constant reminder to be good. I put stuff like eat plenty of superfree, drink lots of water, count syns, weigh hex's. Hope we both get our sw mojo back soon x

Thanks Jaybee. It's comforting to know it's not just me! Lol

I might try that - anything to start to get back on track!

I hope your WI goes well. I too am hoping to get WI over and done with and try to get back on track.

Fingers crossed! X

Back