Help l am out of ketosis becoz of lemsip tablets

Divalicious

Silver Member
I have been feeling so hungry today, l checked my urine and am out of ketosis. l think its because l took Lemsip tablets ( the lemon ones) because of a sore throat. I feel so stupid l could cry. Am still gonna stick to the diet and will not cheat but just feel so annoyed. This is my 49th day on the diet and l am now a size 20..... This diet is the best thing that ever happened to me. Am losing weight and finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I refuse to be fat, l want to be slim. So so hungry :cry:

Last edited:
That must be so frustrating, but you've got to look after yourself if you're poorly. :)

More important, don't be cross with yourself on your birthday! Happy birthday and hope the hunger pangs don't spoil what's left of your day. :)

Oh Divalicious, I've just proved to myself that I really should be wearing my glasses! I read "it's my 49th day" as "it's my 49th birthday".

Apologies. Insanity runs in my family.

Now, where did I put those glasses?

Lol Getfit... l meant 49th day on the diet. Only 30 Lmao but thanks for singing to me you just made my day:). x

Well, I must admit that's the first time anyone has said my singing has made their day - and probably the last!

I was wondering why you were being so good on your birthday. Exante would definitely have to be shoved aside on mine.

Oh well, enjoy your evening anyway. :)

Hi Diva,
We seem to have been doing this diet the same sort of length of time and have similar amounts of weight to lose. You're doing really well, I hope you get back in ketosis soon, so the hunger goes away. Also, hope you're feeling better soon from the sore throat.
Good luck xx

Well, I must admit that's the first time anyone has said my singing has made their day - and probably the last!

I was wondering why you were being so good on your birthday. Exante would definitely have to be shoved aside on mine.

Oh well, enjoy your evening anyway. :)

ROFL.... yeah was really sweet you singing. It was my lil girl`s bday on Sat so i cooked loads of different foods and boy was l exhausted. I only had baked white fish so that l could still be good. I am still hungry but i will survive.

Hi Diva,
We seem to have been doing this diet the same sort of length of time and have similar amounts of weight to lose. You're doing really well, I hope you get back in ketosis soon, so the hunger goes away. Also, hope you're feeling better soon from the sore throat.
Good luck xx

Hey hun your losses are good am so jealous. Sore throat not so bad today I am just sticking to plain paracetamol now. I am still trying to decide whether l want to stick to 14 stone or go down to 12. l have never been that size in my life but i suppose l will know when l get to that stage. Do you worry about loose skin? I had both my kids by c-section so l know l will never have a flat tummy:eek:. Hope your day is good x

For what its worth I havent been in ketosis for weeks - my body seems to have adjusted to the level of carbs and just wont let me back into it and the hunger does improve. I actually rarely feel hungry even though Im only having 3 packs a day. Only problem is that I am craving stuff a lot more although I think that might be more to do with the fact that my losses havent been great either recently.

Oh dear now am scared hope the hunger will improve coz right now l could eat butter and l dont eat that at all. Well done for sticking to the diet even though you are not in ketosis.... I had an extra 1/2 a shake just before midnight, l couldn`t sleep and l`d just got to a point where l knew l was ready to give up and have anything. l asked OH to get it for me l didnt want to be tempted in the kitchen:cry:.

Back