Help Mastering the Crisps!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Kimba_soontobeslim, 28 May 2008.

1. Kimba_soontobeslim

Kimba_soontobeslim Well-Known Member

I know the 'how to make crisps' thread pops up again and again, but I just had to raise it again!

I've attempted making the crisps (along with a bit of pate) on 3 occassions now....

The first time was a complete disaster, they just didn't crisp up at all!

The 2nd time half of them crisped up and these were the ones left on the hot plate to cool (whereas I removed the others on the parchment paper onto the side, so I could re-use the same plate) and the ones in the middle of the plate, not the edges, they were gorgeous and with the pate, I was a very happy bunny!

However, thinking I'd mastered them i tried them a 3rd time, but this time only did 4 on a plate at a time....the slightly thicker ones last time had come out better, so I made them slightly thicker....and instead of using the same plate I put my next batch on another plate...waited for all too cool and not one of them crisped up!!!! They were awful!

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong!?!?! I just can't figure it out!!?

Is there anyone who has mastered these that could give me some advice??

(apologies for the stupidly long thread!!)
  2. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

I've mastered the art - you need either a silicone baking sheet or baking paper - give me a second and i will link to my post yesterday which had the instructions! x
  3. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

4. Kimba_soontobeslim

Kimba_soontobeslim Well-Known Member

Ooh thank you so much! I'm wondering if I just didn't cook them for long enough, I put them in for 1 minute but I don't think they went slightly brown! Will try again and follow your instructions!!

Thanks again!!!
  5. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Thanks for this. I got myself some OC soup this week for the sole purpose of making crisps at the weekend. Cant wait to give it a try!