Help Mastering the Crisps!

I know the 'how to make crisps' thread pops up again and again, but I just had to raise it again!

I've attempted making the crisps (along with a bit of pate) on 3 occassions now....

The first time was a complete disaster, they just didn't crisp up at all!

The 2nd time half of them crisped up and these were the ones left on the hot plate to cool (whereas I removed the others on the parchment paper onto the side, so I could re-use the same plate) and the ones in the middle of the plate, not the edges, they were gorgeous and with the pate, I was a very happy bunny!

However, thinking I'd mastered them i tried them a 3rd time, but this time only did 4 on a plate at a time....the slightly thicker ones last time had come out better, so I made them slightly thicker....and instead of using the same plate I put my next batch on another plate...waited for all too cool and not one of them crisped up!!!! They were awful!

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong!?!?! I just can't figure it out!!?

Is there anyone who has mastered these that could give me some advice??

(apologies for the stupidly long thread!!)

Ooh thank you so much! I'm wondering if I just didn't cook them for long enough, I put them in for 1 minute but I don't think they went slightly brown! Will try again and follow your instructions!!

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for this. I got myself some OC soup this week for the sole purpose of making crisps at the weekend. Cant wait to give it a try!

Back