Help me find my motivation...

wannabeminime

Gold Member
I've lost it somewhere...

I started ssing again last wed, then had a death in the family so i started eating again. I wish i wasn't such an emotional eater.

I am planning to ss again from Monday. I know i shouldn't ask, as i am more of a lurker on here than a poster (mostly due to lack of time;single mum and own biz, but i also suffer from RSI and CANT type much), but PLEASE help me! Some motivational statements, tips, ideas etc would be fab!

Thank you in advance, can do it with some support!

You are 60% there - you have just 2 fifths to go - you have done brilliantly! Don't stop now - look at your line under your avatar -' Will be at goal for April'. That means in the next 12 weeks ish you need to lose 3lbs a week. Totally do-able, now stop messing about and get on with it!

(how was that? Firm but fair? Hope so!)

Good luck, love Barb xx

Hey Bex

You have come so far, achieved so much, and look so good. You are worth doing this, you are worth getting back on this wagon and completing your journey.

So dig down deep, grab that water and let's get cracking mate ;)

oh wannabeminime - you have done so well and rather than dwell on the fact you are stumbling now - take this as a huge push to finish the job.

You clearly have had the determination before and that can be recaptured.

everyone keeps telling me that the first week or so is pretty horrid and I intend to be here fiinding reason to get through the horidity.

You haven't posted during your poor time/stumbles and that is exactly the time to get on line and say whats up and get that support.

I start monday and we should both be here posting our feelings (but not cheating) and hey if I can walk that tightrope (assumming it hasn't bowed so much it is on the floor!) then you can - AND you have the success you had before.

Just look at how much better you feel and look for losing half of what you want to lose - just imagine the feeling of getting there and being at your goal (I nearly said imagine how good you will feel if you go all the way, but the saucy lot in here would pick up on that LOL)

Just remember

'The pain of staying the same is far more than making the change' - no one wants you to feel bad about yourself, no-one even in mourning (sorry to be blunt) so gather your courage and sense of ' sod it - this is going to happen' and be here tomorrow - posting away - and guess what we will be here - guaranteed.

Bon courage

Mindless

You are 60% there - you have just 2 fifths to go - you have done brilliantly! Don't stop now - look at your line under your avatar -' Will be at goal for April'. That means in the next 12 weeks ish you need to lose 3lbs a week. Totally do-able, now stop messing about and get on with it!

(how was that? Firm but fair? Hope so!)

Good luck, love Barb xx

Firm but totally fair Barb, you tell it totally like it is! Thanks x

Hey Bex

You have come so far, achieved so much, and look so good. You are worth doing this, you are worth getting back on this wagon and completing your journey.

So dig down deep, grab that water and let's get cracking mate ;)

Thanks DQ, i AM worth it. At the mo my BMI is about 31, so i am technically obese. I am worth more than this.

oh wannabeminime - you have done so well and rather than dwell on the fact you are stumbling now - take this as a huge push to finish the job.

Oh, i sooo want this job finished!

You clearly have had the determination before and that can be recaptured.

everyone keeps telling me that the first week or so is pretty horrid and I intend to be here fiinding reason to get through the horidity.

You haven't posted during your poor time/stumbles and that is exactly the time to get on line and say whats up and get that support.

I never seem to make it to the computer in time when i fall off the wagon Mindless, its an instant snap decision i take to eat, then its too late. And once i start eating, there's no stopping me for that day! STICK TO YOUR GOLDEN TIME! Its the best opportunity you have ever had to loose that weight! Wish i could get mine back again!

I start monday and we should both be here posting our feelings (but not cheating) and hey if I can walk that tightrope (assumming it hasn't bowed so much it is on the floor!) then you can - AND you have the success you had before.

I am glad someone else is starting with me, its more of a push to stick with it! I will get on that tightrope with you!

Just look at how much better you feel and look for losing half of what you want to lose - just imagine the feeling of getting there and being at your goal (I nearly said imagine how good you will feel if you go all the way, but the saucy lot in here would pick up on that LOL)

I WILL WEAR THAT BIKINI IN THE SUMMER! If i go all the way (oo eerr), i will be skinny for the first time in years and years and years! Probably about 20!

Just remember

'The pain of staying the same is far more than making the change' - no one wants you to feel bad about yourself, no-one even in mourning (sorry to be blunt) so gather your courage and sense of ' sod it - this is going to happen' and be here tomorrow - posting away - and guess what we will be here - guaranteed.

Bon courage

Mindless

Thanks mate. Sod it-this is going to happen!

Hi Bex

I lost mine with you too. I think in part to your own grief bringing back memories and emotions for me too.

I have decided to change my focus to exercise for a while. I will at long last join the gym this week.

Diet wise I'm still deciding but I'm going to be strict with myself and not use any CD packs until I can commit 100%. It is too expensive and not healthy emotionally to compensate for overeating with CD. I am hoping that being strict with myself in this way will make me make a commitment to get to goal and and to a healthy and 'normal' eating pattern. Remember that is what we ultimately want more than anything for ourselves and our kids.

I was feeling so strong and confident last week so it is a bit of a knock for it to disappear so suddenly.

I so understand how you are feeling and will do anything to help. Do you want me to be your Policeman, Firefighter or Parmedic?

love

Dizzy x

Hi Bex

I lost mine with you too. I think in part to your own grief bringing back memories and emotions for me too.

Sorry that it rubbed off on you Diz:(

I have decided to change my focus to exercise for a while. I will at long last join the gym this week.

Would love to be able to join you! But i cant during the day (work), and i cant during the eve (no sitter and no teenagers near by). Roll on my eldest reaching an age when she can babysit her sister!

Diet wise I'm still deciding but I'm going to be strict with myself and not use any CD packs until I can commit 100%. It is too expensive and not healthy emotionally to compensate for overeating with CD. I am hoping that being strict with myself in this way will make me make a commitment to get to goal and and to a healthy and 'normal' eating pattern. Remember that is what we ultimately want more than anything for ourselves and our kids.

I dont think my eating patterns can ever be normal . I know i will just be on and off ss forever now. Really unhealthy, i know, but probably true.

I was feeling so strong and confident last week so it is a bit of a knock for it to disappear so suddenly.

I so understand how you are feeling and will do anything to help. Do you want me to be your Policeman, Firefighter or Parmedic?

Thanks, but no one can do it except me! Just gotta get my head around it! Mind you, you can send a firefighter my way if you like!:D

love

Dizzy x

Thanks hun, i know you're always there for me. xxx

It is hard, Im an emotional eater too and although I have nibbled a bit of meat over the last 2 wks, since my brothers accident I have been so tempted its un-true. Then I think of how proud my brother will be of me when I have slimmed down. It is this thought that keeps me going

It is hard, Im an emotional eater too and although I have nibbled a bit of meat over the last 2 wks, since my brothers accident I have been so tempted its un-true. Then I think of how proud my brother will be of me when I have slimmed down. It is this thought that keeps me going

Yes sonks, bet he will see a big transformation. Keep going!

I am ashamed to say it, but i am thinking about my Nans funeral a week on Tuesday. There will be cousins there, etc, that i havent seen for years, and one in particular who thinks she's better than me. She's slim, has a husband and thinks her kids are better than mine. Its the thought of meeting her again that will get me through ss this week, if anything.

I sound like such a terrible person.:(

No if that thought keeps you on track why not, I was thinking that for encouragement up to xmas as my sil had not seen me since before dieting so was going for it...she did not comment at all until dh said that I had lost loads of weight and I had done well.....then she said yes I know I can see it. But she was not going to say anything to me without any prompting ...how sad?

I am ashamed to say it, but i am thinking about my Nans funeral a week on Tuesday. There will be cousins there, etc, that i havent seen for years, and one in particular who thinks she's better than me. She's slim, has a husband and thinks her kids are better than mine. Its the thought of meeting her again that will get me through ss this week, if anything.

I sound like such a terrible person.:(

Nope not terrible at all, I think we all have these thoughts at times, I have said many a time that SS is only easy if your life is trotting a long, then you can get your head down and go, when things happen that arent part of lifes natural balance, its the first to go out the window, Last week was not good for you, and emotionally you did what you always have, we cant break the habit of a lifetime on a few short weeks, the main thing is that you have acknowledged what you have done and are moving forward and on to it, instead of just giving up, and that, in my eyes takes a heck of a lot of courage, so well done you, be proud that you have thought about it, and dont be upset that you had a wobble, we are only humans after all x

No if that thought keeps you on track why not, I was thinking that for encouragement up to xmas as my sil had not seen me since before dieting so was going for it...she did not comment at all until dh said that I had lost loads of weight and I had done well.....then she said yes I know I can see it. But she was not going to say anything to me without any prompting ...how sad?

Hmmm, jealousy me thinks, that you can put so much effort into changing a part of your life that you wanted to???? I think so, a bit of the green eyed monster in all of us!!

My laptop battery is just about to die, and the cable connector is broken, so i will be away for a few days now!:mad: :( . Its hopefully going in tomorrow to be mended. 'Speak' soon everyone, and thanks! xxx

Nope not terrible at all, I think we all have these thoughts at times, I have said many a time that SS is only easy if your life is trotting a long, then you can get your head down and go, when things happen that arent part of lifes natural balance, its the first to go out the window, Last week was not good for you, and emotionally you did what you always have, we cant break the habit of a lifetime on a few short weeks, the main thing is that you have acknowledged what you have done and are moving forward and on to it, instead of just giving up, and that, in my eyes takes a heck of a lot of courage, so well done you, be proud that you have thought about it, and dont be upset that you had a wobble, we are only humans after all

Thank you sooo much ICRDT, you made me cry! Sometimes i guess i need to be told that its ok to fail, as long as you learn from it. Feeling very emotional at the mo.x

During our LL meetings we talk about 'crooked thinking' - the ways we persuade ourselves to eat for emotional reasons rather than when we are actually hungry. I was VERY GOOD at this.

To counteract these feelings/thoughts we are encouraged to do 'thought records' where we address honestly the throughts we have had, how they make us feel and alternative ways we can deal with the feelings. I took the forms on holiday with me and used them whenever I felt the urge to eat when I wasn't hungry.

Thought records made me sit down and FACE my emotions rather than blocking them out (like I usually did - switching off the feelings because it was too painful). Writing it all down made me consider what I was actually doing and gave me time to think about alternative options. At the end I summed up the BENEFITS of not sabotaging my progress.

I then felt stronger about staying abstinent for a few hours, until the next time.

It is the first time, since doing LL that I have learned to do this. I will have to do it for the rest of my life if I want to get slim/healthy and REMAIN slim/healthy.

You can do it too!

Seeing your cousin and rellies at the funeral would be a good motivator for me too. Don't feel bad about it use those feelings to your advantage.

Keep a candle on your kitchen window ledge this week and think of it as your reminder of your Nan. I too am not religious but I find this to be a very therapeutic thing to do. You can even talk to it.

I think it takes away a bit of the guilt that you feel when losing someone that life is carrying on regardless. It is your way of doing something. A reminder of Nan when you see it, a closeness to hr and whatever else you need.

Try it, helps me.

Dizzy x

I'm probs too late, you've had lots of good comments already but I just wanted to add forget about the nasty cousin!

She may well THINK she is better than you but anyone who thinks like that is almost always wrong!

Hold your head high, you've done the best you can and you WILL get where you want to be.

cyber hugs
mags
xxx

Back