Help me find the place inside that sticks at it!

Smurfette

Silver Member
I cant believe i am back to where i first began - nearly 13st - all the hard work - the lovely clothes i bought - all gone by the wayside - and all done as i practically had an out of body experience and watched myself eat more and more rubbish! definitely because i was sad and lonely and a tad (or more) depressed and pissed off. it was pure emotional eating and now i am feeling worse as none of my clothes fit..i am carrying a spare tyre around that i had just got used to not having and it really just has let me eat more as it gave me another reason to be miserable and eat even more rubbish

I am wondering if i go to the doc will she give me sthg to help and wll that stop me emotionally eating rubbish...anyway until i have the courage to ask for medical help- can i ask for yours. i am active and do 3/4 zumba classes a week and i dont have a good eating habit - i skip lots of meals and just eat rubbish- baguette bread/cheese/sandwiches and chips n chocolate...

i want to take back control of my life and my body - can you be a buddy to help me /motivate me to keep on the right track?

((((Smurfette))))

You could be discribing me ~ mindless eating for emotional reasons and putting all that weight back on. I'm giving myself a fresh start ~ I see you have had some success ~ and with the help of my friends on this site I know I can get to goal.

If I can help out.... just holler.

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Hi, Smurfette! :hug99:

I'm new here. Today's my first day. I have a closet full of small clothes, too, and just gained a ton of weight in the last year or so. :sigh: As of today, I weigh 174.6. I don't know what that is in stones... All I know is that I'm very unhappy about it. :cry:

Let's encourage each other! We can get back down to our small size in no time. :girlpower:

:heartpump:

Mandy

This year I have put on 2 and a half stone! It is very depressing but I decided to sign up to slimming world and just turn over a new leaf. There will be hiccups especially when emotional. Few of my clothes fit properly. I could go out and buy bigger, but I won't I will loose the pounds instead. Small steps get you back on track :)

Hi, im relatively new too...well im in need of losing some weight but i eat because i love food and not really because of emotional, i think when i was younger i defo ate because of teenage angst and everything. Ive been looking at what i eat and what needs to change and after dieting in the past and then gaining weight again, i think ive finally realised that its not about losing weight, reaching your goal and then relaxing and putting it all back on again. Got to change habits for good this time and one of my big things was treating myself with food for losing weight, oh ive lost a 1lb i can have a dessert, well thats just not productive and it sends out the wrong message. Food should never be seen as a reward but unfortunately we all grow up being bought sweet treats by our parents etc and this continues into adult life, and this has got me into trouble so im trying to treat myself in other ways, buying a dress, shoes or something for the house, and get away from using food as a treat...its working (slowly) but im finally seeing food as fuel, i am what i eat, my skin and hair are looking healthier too, i used to wonder why i was still getting spots and since eating well, ive noticed big changes in my body and not just my weight. good luck!! :)

Thank we'd darlings it's so good to k ow I am not here alone - i agree hghannah - time to start seeing food as fuel and to change the ha it's of reaching for the rubbish as reward - I have one I dem hypnosis aps that I put on at night and although it's only been a few days I am feeling some sort of strength at resisting - the cravings for chocolate are diminishing and now if i could cut back on bread and cheese ( I really believe I have an allergy to them as I bloat instantly when I eat them) I am still super busy with a couple a hours zumba 2/3 times a week so fingers crossed. Baby steps but I want to be in control - and I am trying to focus on that to help me make the right decisions - hugs to all and hope the weka leading up to Christmas treat ur cravings kindly xxxxx

Well done, hon, for keeping up the exercise no matter how you were feeling. I really believe in it as a way to literally get back into your body and feel the effects of what your eating is doing to your body, bad or good. It's easy to be in denial if you're melting into a couch, watching tv and eating mindlessly, not so easy to be in denial if you get up and throw that extra weight around the floor a bit! I'm speaking from personal experience here, not pointing fingers! It's really important to have your head and body connected, (not just by your neck!) and at goal, even more so. I've been guilty of hitting it like a wall and bouncing back too. Have to learn to climb that wall when we get to it, and walk along it for the rest of our lives

aaw guys! @ M & M - its so true! look after yourself and thats starts with being truely honest...glad ive found people on my wavelength - im not interested in fad diets and being told what to do, much better to listen to your body and what it needs which does come easier when you start exercising and using your energy you realise you need to eat well, balanced meals to feel good! ive had the worst cold, its been hanging on and making me feel low but ive made sure i eat well and i know for a fact i would have been a lot worse if i had eaten unhealthily x :)

Back