Help me get through December lol!

rumbletummy

Silver Member
OMG had an awful 2 days... the syns are out of control... the Christmas spirit has well and truely took me over and I feel really deflated and over-inflated at the same time!

So to get me through December I thought I'd start up a diary which I'll make myself update truthfully and honestly and hopefully it'll get me back on track and through this difficult period lol!

Feel free to offer any support you can... I'm gonna need it!! xx

Not easy staying on the straight and narrow with all the temptation around but you can do this.:fingerscrossed:

Ok... I can do this!! Went to Sainsburys this morning, list all ready, no snacks purchased, feeling very virtuous!

Friday 10th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast
Apple, WW yogurt, 2 wholemeal toast (heb) with Very low fat spread (2 Syns)

Snacks
2 Celery and 2 carrot sticks, 3 fish sticks, 10 grapes

Lunch
1 small bowl of curried veg soup
(onion, garlic, celery, carrot, potato, tinned tomatoes, baked beans, 1tsp each of dried cumin, garam masala, mild chilli powder, salt and pepper, 2 bay leaves, fresh coriander to serve.)

Highlights hot choc sachet (2 Syns)

At Work
Coffee (hea) (2 syns), hot chocolate (5 syns)

Dinner
Chicken stew with carrots, cauliflower, green beans and sweetcorn.
Toffee Mullerlight

Snacks
2 fish sticks, 1 raw carrot, 10 grapes,

Totals syns: 11

Really happy to get a good day in YAY!!

Last edited:
hi rumbletummy it makes it easier if u have the right things in to eat, i was struggling a bit cause i haven't got much left in the fridge need to go and do a shop but have to wait in as my son has a parcel being picked up :( my sons got a fish van so i've rung him and asked him to drop me off some smoked haddock tonight so then i can have kedgeree, sorted lol i ought to ask him for some seafood sticks as well they r handy as a snack just seen them on ur diary yum yum. hope u have a good day :)

Thanks Val, ooh you're so lucky to have fish on hand whenever you need it! In general I'm a very healthy eater, love all fruit and veg and prefer chicken and fish to red meat... it's just the pesky snacks and comfort eating in the evening that's the problem!!

I really enjoyed the fish sticks, just need to hide them from my son or they will all be gone when he gets back from school!

Becky xx

So now onto day 2... Weighed myself this morning and I'd put on 3lbs!! Hoping to get some of that off before WI day... hoping it's mostly water!!

Saturday 11th Dec - Extra Easy

Breakfast
Banana and WW yogurt

Lunch
Small bowl of curried Veg soup (same as yesterday!)
Apple
Highlights hot choc (2 Syns)

Dinner
Chilli con carne with jacket potato and carrots
Mullerlight

Snacks
2 toast (heb) with low fat spread (2 syns)
Advent Calendar choc (1 syn)
2 fish sticks, 10 grapes, stick of celery
2 extra strong mints (1 syn)
Cocolate Club biscuit (6 Syns)

Total syns: 12

Last edited:
Weighed myself this morning and it was a 1lb gain this week so 2lb of yesterday's weigh in must have been water... must stop weighing myself every day lol!

Sunday 12th Dec - Extra Easy

Breakfast
2 toast (heb) with very low fat spread (2 syns)
banana

Lunch
Curried Veg Soup
Apple
Highlights hot choc - half a sachet (1 Syn)

Dinner
Pasta sauce (minced beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, red wine (1 syn), chopped tomatoes, dried herbs and beef oxo cube)
Jacket potato, carrots, green beans and sweetcorn
WW yogurt and apple

Snacks
Advent calendar choc (1 syn)
2 Extra strong mints (1 syn)
Banana, fish sticks, satsuma
Highlights hot choc half a sachet (1 syn)
Half a Club biscuit bar (3 Syns)

Total Syns: 10

Last edited:
OK... official WI day and it's a 1.5lb gain oops...

So anyway, drawing a line under last week and hoping to get that 1.5 off again this week!

Monday 13th Dec - Extra Easy

Breakfast
2 toast (heb) with very low fat spread (2 syns)
Apple

Lunch
Festive Soup from the Nov/Dec SW mag
Apple

Dinner
Lemon chicken with cous cous and veg

Snacks
Advent Calendar choc (1 syn)

Exercise
Rosemary Connely Salsacise!

Will update later...

Last edited:
I think fate stepped in and gave me a tummy bug so for the last few days my food diary has been...

Breakfast
2 toast (heb) with low fat spread (2 syns)

Lunch
Homemade soup

Dinner
Homemade soup

Snacks
Apples, satsumas and a banana

Still feel as rough as old boots and can't face chocolate which is a bit of a result lol!!

Ok so tummy bug came and went and I kind of discovered the old 'chocaholic' me and it all went a bit wrong hence a 3.5lb gain over 2 weeks!!

Oh well... I can honestly say that I enjoyed all the sweet stuff... my other meals were all SW friendly... just too many choc and cakes... the house is still full of the stuff but I am trying to resist!!

I have joined the January challenge and have given myself a 7lb target which will take me to my mini target or 10st 7lbs.

Today I cooked a soup/stew with some veggies and quorn mince and got some fruit and yogs from Sainsburys to start again... also trying to not eat ANY chocs, crisps, cakes, pastries etc... and trying not to eat after 7pm as this usually works for me and helps me to get back on track... often it's the getting back into it that's the hardest thing... not the sticking to it!!

By the way... anyone know how to change the title of my post... it will look a bit odd in Summer lol!

Becky xx

So today has been a really good day!

Breakfast: 2 Wholemeal bread, 2 slices lean ham, low fat spread (1 syn) clementine

Lunch: Mcdonalds Happy Meal!! 3 Fish Fingers (8.5 syns), fruit bag, diet coke, ketchup (0.5 syns)

Dinner: Jacket Potato with cottage cheese, apple.

Had a bit of a weird day... saw my sister after 15 years of not speaking and we got on OK... just left me feeling weird and full of regret and with not much of an appetite...

Back