help me hold on to last shreds of motivation

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by biggysmalls, 19 May 2010 Social URL.

1. biggysmalls

biggysmalls Too big to fail

Start Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.3lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    confused! Ex SW, ex CC, now on FAST 5:2
    I love the SW plan...it's just that since Christmas I have lost the grand total of two pounds.
    I'm REALLY struggling to stick with it now. Every week I feel like quitting but then I dust myslef down and pick myslef up and stick with it...it's just that this has been going on for so long now!
    I seem to lose and re-gain the same three and a half pounds. I wasn't having periods before I lost a stone weight between August and Christmas. Now they're back, and I'm pleased about that. But I do wonder if they're linked in with my loss-gain cycle (which has been identical over the last three months' span)
    I do Green Days, try to eat plenty of veg and fruit when I can, write everyhting down.
    My consultant has told me to go to ten syns and she says I'm sure to lose this week. Thing is, if I look at my previous losses I KNOW I'm sure to lose this week...it's getting down further from that that's the problem.
    This is one heck of a plateau!
    I didn't join SW to maintain a pleasantly plump figure. I really want to believe I can get to target of 10stone 4lbs and then maintain.
    Anyone been through this?
    Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    do you exercise hun? maybe try adding alittle in.
    are you slipping up at certain times of the month or is it just u r doing it 100% but still not losing?

4. biggysmalls

biggysmalls Too big to fail

Start Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.3lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    confused! Ex SW, ex CC, now on FAST 5:2
    Exercise-wise - I just do some walking. I've been trying to include a little more in my life but I am not an exercise person. I am lazy, I admit that.

And no, I don't feel like I slip up at any times of the month particularly.
    I do save up my syns for a few drinks on a Saturday night. Is this ok? My consultant says they're my syns, I can use them how I want but I've read on here that it's not a good idea.

I think I've finally lost faith....been trying to cling on for months now but in the face on the statistics, I think it's finally slipped away. Like I do what my consultant tells me to do but I must admit that inside I sometimes think, she's waffling.

I love SW but it doesn't seem to be working any more. I'm devastated...I thought I'd found a plan that I could live with.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.