Help me out my sugar rut please?

debtin

Gold Member
hello everyone...i have been off plan for a while now - keep telling myself i am going to get back on track but then i end up eating the junk, feeling rubbish & deciding "stuff it" and eat more. I know i need to draw a line and move on, am just needing to offload on here to enable me to get started. I am going to borrow my sisters scales tomorrow, weigh myself on Friday or saturday morning and go from there. This gives me time to get my head round everything again and get started. I also need to stop thinking i am restricted on sw as i know i am not - the rut of having dinner then eating crisps and chocolate is dementing me - i have been making sure i have something in to eat even BEFORE i have had my dinner when i dont know if i will really want it then its there and i eat it anyway - NEED TO STOP THE GREED!!

Hey!!
You could have a packet of pom bear crisps 4.5syns and kitkat 5.5syns and that leaves 4syns for you to enjoy during the day

((hugs))) I got like this. Then had a long think about how much I wanted to lose the weight and moved on. Its not easy. Its still not easy but as I see the weight coming off I seem to be able to stop eating the junk. For a sweet fix I've been having 0% greek yoghurt (tescos own as cheaper) mixed with 2tsp options. I sometimes just eat it on own or make an eaton mess with it, or have crumbled fudge alpen light, yoghurt mix, fruit. You get a bowlful for very low syns and it hits that sweet choccie fix.

Crisps I avoid. I know I can have them with my syns but I also know one packet will lead to 2 or 3 so avoid is best for me on that score.

You can do this. I find I cope better if I have lots of sw friendly stuff about to nibble on if I need it. An sw quiche in the fridge, boiled eggs, rivita, philly light, potatoes, pasta etc etc. This way I can space out my meals and not feel peckish.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there, had a similar problem to you and ended up giving up totally. :(
Anyway, rejoined in May and found I`d not only regained but added a lot to it.
That seemed to be the shock treatment I needed. Now I can quite happily refuse sweets and choccie when OH offers them.
My real downfall would be crisps if I let it happen. I know I could win an olympic medal for crisp eating given half a chance!! So I don`t let myself do it, I just keep looking at my losses since May, it seems to motivate me more.

If I need something choccie I have a mint hi-fi bar. It`s HEXB and it satifies my craving for mint aero

Back