Help me stop smoking!

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Ok, my housemate and myself have put a 50 quid bet on to help us stop smoking-who ever caves owes the other 50 quid- We're starting 2nd May or tomorrow if we get through all out cigs tonight!
He has the upper hand in that he can have gum, boiled sweets etc, I'm doubt I can even have nicoret gum!!

So come on guys I need your help, support and ideas!
I really want to do this, defo while on LT so the weight gain wont happen.

Any ideas??

I stopped at about 1.30ish nearly 5 years ago and I smoked 20 to 30+ a day, and i have never looked back its probably the most simple thing ive done,. food for thought, you do need food you dont need ciggies therefore I reckon dieting is much harder imho! xx

How did you stop?? Tell me tips, hints, anything to motivate myself and to make it less of a struggle.
Smoking is all I have what with the whole "not eating thing" :)

firstly stop it controlling you like it is, it is 'not all you have' its something you have that you dont need. Its very simple there is a very good chance you will die a awful death while you continue this out of date, pointless, disgusting, smelly, un healthy, un necessary, expensive, anti social, habit, and the list goes on.
To be honest Daisy the first thing I noticed was the amount of cashh I had in my pocket! Also get rid of everything in the house that as anything to do with smoking, ash trays, lighters etc.
Your doing LT so you will easy stop smoking.
Its got to be easier now also with the smoking ban.
Good luck pet you can do it xxxx

I shouldn't get patches no?
I'd love to give up cold turkey aghh I'm sooo scared!

Thanks Gaz!

get patches if you really struggle, I suppose do generally everything you can to stop, your life is worth it hun XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I shouldn't get patches no?
I'd love to give up cold turkey aghh I'm sooo scared!

Thanks Gaz!
There is also a new tablet out which kicks ziabans arse could see if you could try those....and if you go to the groups you can get free perscriptions xx

There is also a new tablet out which kicks ziabans arse could see if you could try those....and if you go to the groups you can get free perscriptions xx

Hey pet. Quick question. what is the lightest you can be to start on LT? everybody elses stats seem to be different to mine so i hope its ok that im going to be doing it. ne ideas?? x x

Hey pet. Quick question. what is the lightest you can be to start on LT? everybody elses stats seem to be different to mine so i hope its ok that im going to be doing it. ne ideas?? x x
think you need to lose about 3 stone,,i only want to lose 2 though maybe 2 and 1/2

think you need to lose about 3 stone,,i only want to lose 2 though maybe 2 and 1/2

yeah i jus realised that i only have 2 n a half to lose. will i still be allowed to do it???

yeah i jus realised that i only have 2 n a half to lose. will i still be allowed to do it???
It goes off your bmi chemist should take you 25 plus bmi ....but some can be arses!!!!! if one knocks you back just try another (like i did)

It goes off your bmi chemist should take you 25 plus bmi ....but some can be arses!!!!! if one knocks you back just try another (like i did)

ok....will do:) i thought i was 12 stone, turns out im 11'3. but a year ago i was 9'7. thats when i was fit and healthy. im not like that at all nemore and feel i need the help.....

Oh Toni those pics were horrible and really helped motivate me, thank you!!
It's going to be tomorrow I stop guys...wish me luck!!
Yeah I heard of tablets, others are Champix but they are really expensive and i can't afford them while on LT.
No, loads of people stop cold turkey so don't see why i can't!
If i find it really bad i'll stick a patch on!
I've also got my "victory tattoo" (3 purplr stars on my wrist) I got it when i stopped smoking before as a treat to myself for being so fantastic ugh!

x

Good luckk kidda, you'll walk it! xxx

Loving the advice Garry...never smoked Daisy hun but i reckon if you can do this then you will have no probs xxx

Champix but they are really expensive and i can't afford them while on LT.
No, loads of people stop cold turkey so don't see why i can't!
daisy I have been on champix for 10 weeks they are very good ive tried allsorts over the years i stoped for 4months last year on the champix then a very good freind died and the stress sent me for the fags and yes i put loads of weight on
i stoped again 10 weeks ago started to put weight on thats when i thought enough is enough and started the lipotrim your gp will prescribe champix its only the price of a prescription the course is for 12 weeks and its actually the nurse that gives you them at my surgery people say dont stop smoking and diet but i dont see why not your on the liporim i think it will be fine its getting out of the stupid habit you do get a dry mouth with the champix and i would chew gum god i miss my gum especially now cant understand how it affects ketosis if it does i would go get them you have nothing to loose my chemist knew i was on them when i signed up for liotrim no problem good luck you will save a fortune
sandy

Hi.. i gave up smoking in January, i smoked between 15 to 20 a day...i tried cold turkey but all i did was sleep sleep sleep and then be a b*tch...i went to the doctors and done it via the nurse they took my carbon monoxide reading on the little machine you blow into .. i think it was 20 on my first day ..two weeks later it was zero.. i used patches for about two weeks along with 2mg lozenges... i came off the patches really easily..some ppl use them for 3 months... i have stayed on the 2mg niquitin lozenges and am still using one to three of them a day ... but....tommorow is day one of LT for me and i cant have the lozenges anymore....which is for the best because i dont know when i would have abandoned them..lol.. i gained two and a half stone from stopping cigarettes...so now is definetely the best time to quit for you whilst your on LT....

sounds stupid but write a goodbye letter to your cigs... its like splitting up with a bf thats no good for u... u can still remember and long for the cig but u just avoid them because youve moved on..take the letter out and read it when u need to...this did help me, i had a big long love letteer... i still dream about smoking now, and i miss it sometimes but i will never go back to it.. im going to stop now..i could write a book...lol good luck with whatever u try..

Daisy, I have given up fags many times, but did finally four years ago. The thing that really helped me was the nicorette inhalator, the thing that looks like a plastic ciggy. (I called it my magic ciggy). When I was desperate for a fag, I had a puff on that. It gives you a nicotine "hit" - a powerful one, that just kills the craving. Eventually you just find you can do without it completely. I carried mine around with me for about 12 months in case I ever found myself in a situation when I ever felt tempted. Then, if I ever felt like a cig, I would just puff away on it. Never ever had a cig from that day on. My doctor was against me having an inhalator cos he thought I might get addicted to it, but he admitted it had been a great success and now recommends it to other patients.
Good luck.:)

Back