HELP - My Dr will not sign my form

Thank you all. Have found a private GP who will sign for £30.00. He is on holiday and so I can't see him til next week. have resigned myself to later start but I WILL do it. A week is simply a small delay.. Thank you all so much for your support.

So pleased you're sorted DramaQueen.
And when the form is signed you *must* make sure that you pay your GP a visit. My Doc was very skeptical. To be honest it was the power of persuasion that won through - he was having none of it and was adamant that VLCD's were dangerous because "You'll put the weight straight back on again".
I saw him last week and he almost dropped through the floor when he saw me over 6st lighter! When I hit the 4st loss mark he actually started emailing me, through genuine intrigue I think. He has subsequently told me that I've inspired him to start a weight loss clinic at the practise, and guess who's in the chair? Oh yes, little old me! :D
I've also written a paper for him on living with a weight problem which has since been published. He fits me in without an appointment these days to do my BP. Basically I think he's completely changed his views. Fine for me, but not fine for the sake of consistency. I asked him if I was his only LL client and yes, I am. He has admitted that he wouldn't be so dismissive of VLCD's should anyone come to him in the future. So I guess I like to think I've done my bit for the cause, but the inconsistencies are very frustrating.
Just hang on in there for a little while and then pop in and do a twirl! :D
It's so weird, I never thought I would get this much support from my GP but I really do count him as one of my official 'professional' support team.

My LL counselor recommended a private doctor bit pricey but worth it so all is not lost you could ask your if she no's of any:)

I do feel for you DQ. The same thing happened to me. I should have started LL on the 10th August 2006, but because my doctor refused to sign my form I ended up starting two weeks later on 24th (it's almost my first LL anniversary!). I had to take a morning off to visit a GP my LLC had recommended and pay £35. Subsequently, I saw my practice nurse for check-ups, no problem.

Now, my GP is very impressed at the difference LL has made. I've lost 100lbs and am now a slim size 12. I hope that anyone else who approaches the practice to get their forms signed will have no problem getting it done now that the GPs have seen the difference it can make.

It should not make much difference starting a week later than everyone else, I started a couple of weeks later and slotted in quickly.

DQ, albeit you were disappointed yesterday, you are now resigned mentally that a week is worth waiting for, well done for finding a GP.

sun xxxx

Back