Help! Need to lose 1.5 pounds in two days

I've been a bit depressed and had a massive syns binge this week and, according to my scales at home, I've put on 1.5 pounds since Monday. I feel terrible, particularly because I go to group with my mum and I don't want her to know how much I've gained.

Is there any way I can lose that 1.5 pounds again in two days? I have the rest of today and tomorrow (I'm out visiting family on Sunday, they do SW food but I won't be in control of what it is) and then weigh in on Monday morning.

louiseweaver said:
I've been a bit depressed and had a massive syns binge this week and, according to my scales at home, I've put on 1.5 pounds since Monday. I feel terrible, particularly because I go to group with my mum and I don't want her to know how much I've gained.

Is there any way I can lose that 1.5 pounds again in two days? I have the rest of today and tomorrow (I'm out visiting family on Sunday, they do SW food but I won't be in control of what it is) and then weigh in on Monday morning.

Maybe try superspeed soup, limit your syns and eat lots of superfree over the next couple of days. But I would think if you stick to the sw plan then you should be ok. I've had loads of times this has happened and been suprised that if I get back on plan how quickly the weight gain comes off and isn't that detrimental.

And drink lots of water to flush you through! :)

hollys nan said:
And drink lots of water to flush you through! :)

Veg veg n more veg and loads of water and scan bran or bran flakes that should flush you out hun xxx avoid salt too as it causes water retention

Lots of water and veg and fruit!!

I find if I have a quick gain it is normally a quick loss. So a weekend sticking to plan and it could drop. As I doubt 1.5lbs is a true gain. It just needs to flush out.

IF you are purely concerned with cheating the scales and covering up for your mistakes, to cheat, as said, drink lots of water, until about 7pm on the night before weigh in in the morning,, fast and dont eat or drink until after weigh in.

You are losing water from your body, not fat though, it will be back tomorrow, you are only cheating yourself. Short term water fasting is just what professional sportsmen do to keep within weight classes.

*tough love*
You overate and have a gain as a result. Its probably water retention, so stick to the plan for the rest of the week, and see what the scales say. If they say you have a gain, then it will send you the message that you can't binge and get away with it, which is a useful lesson. Fingers crossed you'll be ok, but I don't think doing anything artificial to try to cheat the scales is a particularly healthy idea. Good luck at WI. :)

Back