Help Needed! Calling all Maintainers and Target Members (and anyone else, really).

Good Morning Maintainers / Target Members,

I come to you today asking for your help, advice and general guidance.

Last night at weigh in, I hit the weight (and a whole HALF POUND below) what I envisaged was my Target Weight. Three stone off me in six months and I'm very very happy with what I've done so far. However, I've come across something of a stumbling block.

Now I'm here, I don't know if I want to lose just a little bit more. I know that I will keep going to group when I hit Target (if I can ever decide what that is) - I've made some good friends there and I'll also be supporting my other half who is still on his journey.

The million dollar question is... How did you know what your target weight was?

Was it to do with what size clothes you fit into? When you were happy? A certain rounded weight? A certain amount of weight lost?

I don't know if I'm just being silly, or whether if I push myself to lose a little more, I may be happier?

My usual consultant wasn't at group yesterday and we had a stand in, so I couldn't talk to her about it. She told me not to fix a target weight though, because it's difficult to change it once you've set the final target - so 3 stone was my interim.

Any and all stories, comments and suggestions would be incredibly welcome! Thanks all x

I set a proper target for 9 and a half stone, when I got there the person weighing got very excited saying well done you've hit your target, but as soon as they looked at my face they knew I wanted to change it, I changed it to 9 stone, it took me a lot longer then I thought getting to it, but once I did hit 9 stone I was so much happier then I was at 9 and a half. My boyfriend and family all said I was silly changing it and that I looked good at 9 and a half and should have stuck with that, but once I got to my target of 9 stone my boyfriend did admit that I looked better and that I did the right thing changing it as I was obviously a lot happier at that weight.

You need to do what's right for you, personally I'd say change it, as you obviously feel like you could loose more. But maybe speak to your consultant and see what she thinks next week. Oh and well done on getting to this first target, its an achievement in itself even if you decide you want to loose a little more :)

Hi

Congratulations on your loss and target!

I got to target last week. I set mine as 9 stone 10 as I just wanted to be in the 9s and with the 3lbs you are allowed to go over i should always stay in the 9s!

I am happy and I am going to try and maintian at this weight but if i do go a few lbs under i will be happy with that too.

I think you just know when you get to where you want to be so go with whatever you think x

Hi Amy,
Well done, 3 stone is brilliant.

I think that setting a target - it 's good to have something to aim for.

Sometimes, I think we set ourselves something that will be do-able rather than what we really want, because we're not sure if we can achieve it, especially if it seems daunting at the start of our journey.
And we're afraid to say what we actually want, because we don't want to fail.
Just take your time to think it through, and if you have a certain weight you'd like to be already in your mind, write it down.
Look at it, and then try saying it out loud.
If it gets you jumping up and down on the spot with happiness, then you've found your target!
But don't think you can't do it, because you've already shown that you can xx

You know when you are at your correct target weight. I got to target but still felt a bit muffin toppy and wasnt really happy. I pondered for a few weeks, then had a word with my c and she adjusted it. My target is now 10st 8lbs, I have been within the target band for 18 months, got my diamond 6 months ago and am really happy with my weight now. Others say I look too thin, others say I look good! Its how you feel yourself that counts. It sounds as if you want to reduce, so a word with your consultant would be the thing to do. If youre not completely happy now, then go for it. S W will not let you go below a healthy weight. I myself like to keep to the lower end of my band, often 3lbs below the target weight, but then I have a good amount which I can play with when I am on holiday. The bottome line is, if you feel you would be better reducing, then go for it. Your consultant will be able to advise you. :)

I don't go to group, but I set myself a target of 10 stone!! Got there but kept losing and glad I did I'm now 8:13 (hovering between this and 9:1!! And I'm really happy with how I look now!! Overall I've lost 4 stone.
I think you know when your at a target that your pleased with x

I set my first target but went straight past without stopping! The second one I slowed down but didn't stop at it so I set another one! This time I managed to maintain it for almost 6 months but you know what! I missed the buzz of the awards & the challenge.....
I am only 1/2lb short of my new target, when I get it I will have lost 7st & that's it! no more, I feel right, my doctor is very pleased with my weight loss & all my old symptoms have gone, my blood pressure is normal etc.....
I think your own body will tell you when you reach it.

I set my first target but went straight past without stopping! The second one I slowed down but didn't stop at it so I set another one! This time I managed to maintain it for almost 6 months but you know what! I missed the buzz of the awards & the challenge.....
I am only 1/2lb short of my new target, when I get it I will have lost 7st & that's it! no more, I feel right, my doctor is very pleased with my weight loss & all my old symptoms have gone, my blood pressure is normal etc.....
I think your own body will tell you when you reach it.

I feel the same. I am happy where i am, i suppose according to bmi etc i could afford to lose another ten pounds.

Back