Help needed choosing diet please

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by heva, 5 January 2010 Social URL.

1. heva

heva New Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    None yet !
    Hi, I am looking to start a diet and I need a little help choosing one. I'm 26, 5' 7" and 10st 8lbs. I have just started the gym and I am looking to start a new healthy diet to go with it.

I don't really know what I am looking for. I don't want to loose loads of weight quickly, I just want to reduce my calorie intake whilst eating healthily and tone up.

Ideally I don't want to pay a weekly fee for a diet, I just need advice on what is good for me, what isn't, how much to eat, portion control etc., or even just a good book with lots of healthy recipes !

Can anybody advise me of the best thing to do please ?

Thanks in advance
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Can you get advice from the gym? Or you could look at some of the well-known diet websites as they often have specimen menus
    Irene xx
  4. *~Daney~*

*~Daney~* Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Just cutting back on choco/crisps etc and do some excersize everyday after work!
    Hi Heva,

I'm unsure of a diet to follow aswell so I have just stopped eating the things I knew helped with my weight gain - chips, twirls,crisps,jammie dodgers, harribo - the list is endless! But I lost 4lbs to my surprise so I plan to follow this until the weightloss slows, by that time I think I may have figured out the right kinda diet for me.

I did slimming world 2 years ago and It does work but I couldn't afford it after a while and buying the ingredients cost me abit too.

Everyone and there bodies are different...

Good Luck with what you choose :)
  5. Sweetie_Queen

Sweetie_Queen Member

i just joined for this reason too,
    I am 5'6 weigh 10st 3lb and have the same options as you, want to just eat low fat and loose weight steadily x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.