Help needed for 1st day......

Last time I did the chicken, I used the syn free sauce, I like it but not made it for a while.

Now in bed...alone...if I had my way, I'd have turned the lamp off too for total darkness but I reckon I'd have woken him in the process...meh! Lol

Dunno what we'll wake up to tomorrow, best get prepared to dig the car out I think :( x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How is it this morning? Did you have to dig out the car? Hopefully not. It's cold here today but not raining at the moment thankfully as I've got this massive bag to carry with the cake in it lol.

The man opposite me on the train is having a coffee and a pastry for breakfast. God I want to rob him and tuck in!! I really miss croissants lol. Instead I'll wait til I get to work and have my hifi and kiwi fruits *sigh* lol.

I've worked out some syns for today. I've got 4.5 for half an avocado in some salad and 4 for some crisps. That leaves me with 6.5 so I think I'll have a small piece of cake and then have a syn free dinner. That way I won't feel like I'm missing out and hopefully won't be too far over syns for the cake. I'll make sure it's just a small piece.

I'm quite looking forward to having a red day for a change. I need to get a few more of these in if I can to vary my diet a little. Sometimes I forget that it's easy to do red if I use a hexb for potatoes. What's your day looking like? Green?

Lol at you robbing the guy for his goodies :)

I'm ok this morning thanks, already been out to clear and move the car cos I was up early anyway so now we can leave as normal instead of me trying to do it with teeny outside too. Roads will be tricky til we get to the main road but hopefully not too bad

Your food sounds yummy today...and full of things you like so win win ;)

Green for me potentially...depends in dinner but not got both HE's planned in officially so could go either way x

oooh i've not been good today...
i've been super hungry most of the day (prob cos i never had much yesterday?)...no matter what i ate or had to drink...i was still hungry.
ended up eating shortbread at work...and biscuits...and then wanted more!

my OH has brought me in an iced apple turnover...DROOOL!
i've not had dinner (prob should skip it seeing as i've blasted the calories/syns today) but might end up in the same situation tomorrow?

anyway...wanted to say i saw those honey monster sticks in semi chem. i picked up 2 packets of the chocolate ones...not tried them yet but will and report back ;)

hope you've had a good day :D x

Hello hun :) ooh your treats sound goooood lol. I have managed to stick to my plan today although I am feeling hungry and on the verge of snapping and having some choc lol. I'm having a cuppa now and then I'm gonna get in the shower and get into bed.

And hopefully I won't feel stupidly hungry in the morning!! I haven't sorted out lunch yet for tomorrow and I'm not 100% sure what I'll do yet so I'll think about it in the shower. I'm on EE tomorrow and making fish cakes for dinner so I need to think about whether to use my hexb for breakfast or lunch! Probably lunch for and I can have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast.

Had a crazy day at work today and got some things to think about in terms of if I move onto other areas of work and figuring out a future career path as we have just been given loads more things to do in the lead up to the election. All good things I hope though :)

How did your day end up?! I hope you did have dinner and not skip it because of your treats!!!!

oh work stuff sounds interesting! hope it's all good stuff! we say up here "what's for you won't go by you" and it's good to remember sometimes ;)

didn't skip dinner...if you class a bowl of honey cheerios (bloody love them! it's been YEARS since i had some) and WHITE toast as dinner...oooh i'm so bad eh!

but part of me thinks, aww well, it's done now, you've crammed in whatever you've crammed in...and as long as there is no repeat tomorrow...move on?

sitting here thinking about a substantial meal...that'll teach me! but i've taken quorn chilli out for lunch tomorrow, and prepared my work food, and as long as i stick to it this time, i'll still feel in control!

it's so not like me to eat what i did today - unless it was planned...but there's no point in fretting! i've eaten stuff i've not had for a long time, so it's been yummy...but the whole time, i had that niggling feeling of "you're just eating this for the sake of it" and really, it's true....by having the biscuits didn't HAVE to be the green light to be awol...but i obviously didn't work that way today

had 2 bites of a sausage roll from greggs...my GOD it's been so long! :drool:
so bad but ooooh so tasty! lol x

Lol. I agree that you should just start fresh today and not let it be a repeat of yesterday. It's good that you got it out of your system if you don't let it begin to spiral. And after all, SW is a lifestyle change and there will be days where you just want a slice of cake or a sausage roll. You can't NEVER have those things again so as long as it's in moderation then I wouldn't be too worried about it hun.

I'll be off plan tomorrow night as we are getting an Indian takeaway since it's valentines day. We decided against going to our fav restaurant as it would have cost too much money. I don't consider valentines day a massive occasion really so I'm happy to keep it low key. I know there are things I can get that will be on plan but as it is a treat I don't want to do that and not enjoy it as much. So my plan is to be free all day and then have what I want for dinner - then back on plan Saturday morning.

I'm making salmon fish cakes tonight so I'll make enough for lunch tomorrow as well and take some salad with me. And I'll take fruit for snack and have porridge for breakfast as it will fill me up.

The work stuff will hopefully work out well and put me in a good position if any promotion opportunities come up so I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Fingers crossed!!

How's your day looking?!

Oh Indian will be nice...what will you have?

We don't really make a fuss of v day either...like you say it all costs too much. Got a few bits and bobs for my OH but nothing that broke the bank!

Currently eating a wee bowl of fruit salad before I leave...so far so go eh ;) lol x

so far I have had an orange and a yogurt so we both get gold stars lol.

I am going to have a prawn puri to start with (probably about 3 or 4 syns for oil in the prawns and sauce and then 4.5 for the chapati)

I could have a chicken rogan josh (6.5 syns) if I wanted to be good and on plan. What I usually have is a chicken tikka masala (14.5) but last time we got one we tried a new dish which is called 'garlic chilli chicken' and it comes in a really spicy sauce. But it is a tomatoey sauce and there is loads of fresh chillies in it - and its not creamy like a tikka masala is. Last time I saved some of the sauce that was left over and froze it - then when i used it I synned it as 6 syns so I think I will have that again and syn it as 6. Then pilau rice is 2. We also always get sag paneer or sag aloo as sides which is 11 syns ish for the whole portion so would be 5.5 for me. Poppadums are 4 and chutney is 2 per tablespoon!

So all in all a fair few syns to be wasted (about 35 per person) but in all I think the syns between the rogan josh and garlic chilli chicken would be about the same - what is making it more synful is my starter and sides - and I dont want to sacrifice them. I think the main thing to do would be to limit my syns to the above i.e. no pudding and no deviating and having other sides or some of bf's byriani. I will have a couple of glasses of wine I think as well so I will make some syns back over the weekend by planning well and hope it doesnt throw me completely off track this week. But if it does then it does and I will just pick up where I left off again on Saturday and not let it affect me (I hope lol)

aw just enjoy it...if it's only one night...and one meal...so be it.
like you said to me, there are times where we'll give in to temptation, but to get up and be back to "normal" then it's all good :)

lunch was a disaster for me...i'd frozen quorn chilli and rice the other week when i hadn't used the portion i had out for lunch...but had to scrape the chilli off and leave the rice cos it was all watery and gross :(
so i'm hungry...but no biscuits etc have passed my lips! yay! lol x

Did you reheat the rice enough?! I never have a problem reheating it so maybe it needed another minute?! Shame it ruined your lunch though! Hopefully the rest of the day went a little better.

My fish cakes last night were yummy and I've got leftovers for lunch today with a little bit of veg. Cannot wait for curry tonight lol.

Happy v day - hope you have a nice relaxing day!

happy valentine's day to you too :bananalove:

i didn't reheat it....i always just take my stuff to eat cold...but i see now, where that might have helped! lol

i like fish cakes but not had them for ages....how do you make them? do you think i could do them with something like the cod fillets i got before? with mashed potato? hmm...got me thinking now ;)

not eaten yet today but i'm going to try and do a red i think...i need to go out for bits and bobs so if i do, i might pick up a subway salad and have taken mince out to make burgers at dinner time. had them last week with a babybel in the middle - first time of making them and i liked them...but it's a shame the babybel are a bit bland. cheddar would be better but it might just end up oozing out everywhere and burning...but just remembered you can get cheddar babybel so might look out for them, heard they're on offer in tesco just now so hopefully they have some and not just the normal/light ones.

woke to a lovely card from my OH with little "vouchers" in which said "us time", "you time" and a meal out and he'd written stuff about how he was so glad he'd met me and that he doesn't thank me enough for everything i do etc etc...made me smile and maybe just what i needed to hear lately!

no wonder you're looking forward to your curry...i'm gonna try and stick to dinner plans at home but might suggest the carvery for dinner for us tomorrow...not a bad meal to have on plan and we're away next weekend anyway for the wedding.

i want to goto tesco....and that's where the scales are....2 weeks to go until i officially wanted to weigh in...but it's DRAAAAAGING in....might hang off til later so they don't lure me to weigh myself...mentally, i like the weigh there at the same time as before which is always 1st thing in the morning.
eurgh! i want to weigh myself!!!!!!!!! lol x

yeah i would have reheated the chilli hun - try that next time (I know its more hassle but you can just stick your tupperware pot straight in the microwave and eat out of that - thats what i do so i dont have more washing up at work!). Hopefully it will make it a bit more palatable for you.

All I did for my fish cakes was steam the salmon fillets - i have a hob top steamer so just put water in the bottom with some potatoes in to boil and then the steamer level with the salmon in and popped the lid on. It only took about 10-12 minutes for the salmon to cook so then i put the fillets in a bowl with plenty of dill and a chopped up chilli. Then I mashed the potato (without adding any butter) and mixed the whole lot together. Then sprayed a tray with fry light and made balls out of the mixture once it had cooled down a bit and then squashed them a bit so they were fish cake shapes. Then I just sprayed fry light over the top and oven cooked them until they were brown on both sides.

There is no reason why your couldnt do the same with cod - and you can add other spices and seasoning as well if you wanted to - like lemongrass if you want thai style ones. You could even give them a dusting of dry smash if you want them a bit more crispy i guess?! Give them a try and see what you think. I have some for lunch today so i will let you know what they are like as leftovers - i wouldnt have them cold though.

oooh babybel burgers sounds really nice! I am not a massive fan of babybel tbh - i would usually rather philly light instead as a hexa or just normal cheddar grated or sliced thinly. You could do this if you oven cook or grill the burgers though - i usually just add the cheese on top for the last 5-8 minutes til it has just melted and it causes much less mess that way lol.

awww bless you OH - thats really lovely of him and DEF what you needed after his recent antics lol. my bf has just called me to tell me he is going to wait til I get home then go to sainsbury's to get me something but not to get excited as "it wont be anything special" pmsl. How romantic!! :cupid: Lucky i'm not the sort of girl to actually get upset about that. I know he will get me something nice and even better - he will drop me home first and I can have a nice relax in the bath while he is out getting something 'not exciting' and picking up our curry! lol :)

I'm going to stick some music on while we eat and light a few candles so it will at least be a bit valentinesy - then we are going to order a film from box office and chill out :) perfect night to me!

did you do it? did you weigh? I know you were determined so for that i hope you have resisted but if you do weigh i want to know how you got on lol! Got my fingers crossed!

i didn't weigh....i went to tesco...but i didn't weigh! yay! soo impressed hehe

i got some shopping (got a box of all bran choc crunch cereal (HEb) for £1.49 in home bargains!!!) and just made some love heart shaped goodies for my OH, he has a Firetrap t shirt (which i got for £4 when the tag says £30!!! THAT is my kind of bargain!! lol), a huge box of thortons, some silly v day socks and mini cake and tesco had 12 cream eggs for £2 so he's got those now too...they're his fav!
i suppose i better shave my legs to make extra effort too! lmao

i couldn't get a decent plain card for my son...so i've just made one for him and when i go to collect him, i'll post it through my door so he walks in and gets it. he'll be raging...then he'll test us and make us write to check the writing doesn't match lol...i did it with my left hand so i'm ok...but he really will be like eurgh! yuk...grrrrr (not that that'll last for long eh!)
i feel bad cos i don't tell lies and i do feel a wee bit guilty cos he'll be like oh that's her from my class who's sent that...and if he says anything the wee girl will be like...eh na...it wasn't me! pmsl.
it's fun....but i do feel a bit guilty lol

my fella said the "me time" is to do whatever i want or go wherever and he'll watch teeny....really nice thought but i'm kinda thinking...eh...what to do cos i don't really have much of a life! haha

i'm working tomorrow (cancelled the leave and took tues instead) and reeeeeally hoping it's not a sh1tty shift. at the end of the day, i'd end up doing nothing so i guess saving the annual leave to use another time when i might "need" it will be better...the long weekends from school are a pain but at least i'm sorted for this one :)

aww i bet you's have a lovely night and you never know, he might just surprise you ;) x

Hey missy!! How was your weekend? I had a good one - relaxin night on Friday and then lots of family time the rest of the weekend. My food was a bit iffy but I managed to lose 1lb so no complaining! :)

I'm doin EE today and going to make tuna pasta bake for dinner. I've also got stuff in for mac n cheese so think that will be tomorrow's green day dinner!

Morning!

Well done on the 1lb off :D any loss us good and a bonus if we're not really expecting it.

My weekend was lovely thanks, not lovely in the eyes of SW,lol, but I really enjoyed it and borderline got the Monday blues :sigh:

Seeing as I've not been angelic, I'll need to try and get full of the super free...or have a red day?
Got a big pork shoulder yesterday on offer so might cook that...you know it's not my fav tho

I've been awake since the crack of dawn...schools are off and typically, my son is still sleeping!!! Grrrr!!

Did your OH get any brownie points over the weekend then? ;) x

I got flowers, choc and wine so didn't do too badly! Shame he has acted like a petulant child this morning and p'd me off!! It's always the way eh!?

Sounds like we both enjoyed our weekends :) I was planning to get out for a bit and take some photos but ended up spending the time with my family so hoping to do it this weekend instead as long as it's sunny. Yesterday was beautiful weather here so it's a shame I didn't get out. Chances of another warm sunny day are probably slim lol.

lol...it's cold here today...but not raining for now!
friday's weather was awful....snow and high winds but then on saturday, you'd never have even guessed it had been snowing...and that it had lay! crazy weather :(

what happened this morning that he p'd you off?

i've just prepared the pork shoulder...eurgh! i hate it...i had a joint that was more than 2kg...and i swear once i got in about it with a knife and scissors, there's probably about 100g left! pmsl.

my OH loves it so he better be thankful...each time i start to tackle the fat removal....i'm reminded of why he doesn't get it often!

need to go make the bbq sauce then me and teeny need to head out...i've got a whole load of stuff to post from sales on ebay, need to get a bday card and my little one wants some game for his netbook...but i didn't want to put my card details in (1, incase it was hacked and 2 so he doesn't just buy whenever!) so i said we could go and get a gift card which he could redeem...safest option but how he's wangled this out of me i'll never know hehe

you got a busy one today?x

Well I ended up having to work from home because the flooding had caused the trains not to run and because he came to pick me up and he was going to be late, he decided that he was going back to bed for an hour.

I think that is really childish when he was already up and on his way to work. I just don't want him to muck them about and end up getting rid of him as we need the money too much. So I told him this in no uncertain terms and said how ridiculous it is that he is 30 years old and is so irresponsible.

He is pretty stubborn so as soon as I started with that he was just "I'll go when I want to" so it ended up in a big old row and I sent him packing to sleep at his dads if he wants to sleep. No way was I letting him sleep here when I was so fuming! I wouldn't have been able to work as I would have been too mad - and I would have kept trying to get him out the door.

Next time I'll just make my own way home - should have known better. He is always like this. He hates it when I have a day off or anything. It always makes him want a day off but the difference is I get paid and he doesn't!! He came home and did a load of washing up (probably so I don't moan at him again) and then went back out. Think he is working a private job this eve. Anyway it will all blow over so I'm not worried. Things like this are always horrid a the time but we get over it.

How was your day hun?

oh what a shame...but no wonder you were mad!
i'd be the exact same and agree with you 100%!

did you manage to work through the day ok then...get things done that you had to?

my day's been ok...it's gone in quick and i've not eaten much..feel quite sicky?

red day today...had a piece of 1/2 syn roulade in the morning then got a chicken salad from subway for lunch, brought it home and added a boiled egg and some seafood sticks, but gave up after i'd picked at the chicken and some egg....just couldn't stomach it.
made a scan bran cake as part of my HEb...after 1 bit, i was the same!

made chicken tikka wrap "pizza" for dinner with the rest of the salad from lunch...forced myself to eat the pizza but left the rest.
probably body shock going from lard to lettuce haha!
but the lack of calories won't do me any harm!

OH loved his pulled pork and has eaten almost the WHOLE lot! but he has annoyed me a bit tonight too...cos i asked him to come with us to drop teeny off at football and run to asda for a few things (i didn't go shopping over the weekend) cos my thinking was, if i was stuck in a queue, he could go back for him in time. anyway, he's not done anything with us for months through being busy with work stuff and general stuff like that and i could tell he was p'd off at having to come.
i said in the car "your stuff's far more important than this sort of stuff eh!!!" and it's these wee things which bug me!

i get that he has "a hundred things to do" but when i ask him to schedule some time for us in, he says he never gets a chance to do anything for himself never mind me too...it bugs me cos i think "it's all for bloody you!! everything you do after work is all to do with your stuff!"

anyway, we've been now but i imagine it's going to have a massive impact on his plans cos he was out the house for an hr and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!! (poor boy!)

by doing it today, it saved me having to go out my way tomorrow to get a few things but his face was like a wet weekend and i wish he'd never bloody came!
i prob would've made it back for the wee man but i was panicky in case for some reason, i was late...i didn't want him to be waiting at the sports centre!

Back