Help needed for 1st day......

emergency mugshot....i'd need emergency services! lol shred AND the gym?? go you! :D

i dunno whether to try the smash or the cous cous...there's 4 little fillets so maybe i could do 2 of each and see which ones we like best?
hope i have peas...off to check but i know there are petit pois in the freezer if push comes to shove ;)

no plans for the weekend, was hoping to get some overtime but nothing so far - i've asked my boss to phone me if anything comes out for tomorrow.

food sounds good, a banana would be good to take too for the gym?

go on to my diary - i posted a pic last night from the other night of Adam's dodgy tache....Freddie Mercury comes to mind! lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

do two of each and then you can tell me which is best :D lol.

My food ended up a little different than planned for breakfast as my train broke down and the driver had to kick us all off. Apparently they were going to be down until about 2pm because of some major signal failures so it was back home for me (thankfully they managed to drive the train back to a station not too far from home and bf hadnt got on the motorway yet so he brought me home). So it was bacon, egg and spaghetti and toast instead of porridge! Was lovely :)

lol...i know!

i think...to compensate...he should have removed clothing ;) lol

aww that's rubbish about your train...what a hassle...BUT...you did save your HEb...yay! (in fact...doh! you had toast...silly me!)

i think i'm gonna do it with smash, think it'll stick better and i wouldn't use as much? but it'd probably need to season that as it's got more of a taste than cous cous?

will wait and see but will def let you know x

So....I made the fish and decided on smash only cos I figured I'd use less just doing a teeny wee coating

Put them in the oven on tin foil to stop them sticking to the tray....fail! I didn't spray the foil so they stuck anyway and removed the whole coating from the other side! Lol

So now I'm not too concerned about food abuse cos I used a few tablespoons for them all, between two...then halved again seeing as it's all on the foil pmsl

Mushy peas taste of nothing....but it scratched the itch I've had for a while I guess :-/ x

Attachments

• image-1357801304.jpg
    image-1357801304.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 17
Oooohh it looks nice. Bf always puts some mint in his mushy peas and that's always nice so maybe try that next time!? Or some salt n pepper!?

Gym didn't end up happening as my friend got stuck in London because of these stupid trains lol. But I did shred so that's 8 days now - only 22 to go!!! ?

So I also had to make my own dinner last minute and ended up with chips and a Linda Mc sausage. Bit the healthiest but still on plan :)

aww good for you for doing it! shame you didn't catch up with your friend tho.

apart from the bacon, you could've wangled a green day...did you just have a few bits - maybe 1/2 a HEb leaving you with another half??

just watched the americans - missed the 1st two as you know but it was quite good so we'll watch it from there. it's old looking tho...and john boy walton is the police boss guy - my OH noticed straight away! lol x

I had the salmon for lunch so had to be EE. Today is the same. I was planning Barnsley chops from the SW 2014 calendar for dinner but bf has told me he wants a Chinese so I'll have to leave that til tomorrow if he won't change his mind.

That means I need to think about what to have tonight. I've had 4.5 syns already today so I guess I could have some Chinese but I'm not sure I want to?!

you could prob still have something...what about even half a portion of something for 2 or 3 syns?

i'm gonna make that curry again with the last of the greek coconut yog i have...looking forward to it already :)

never got up til later today, i was awake but just lay for a bit so not really had much to eat...too busy hoovering etc. my OH picked up another one of those falafel salads from tesco so i'm gonna eat that shortly - for brunch lol. they really are lovely and now that he can pick them up, i'm hoping he'll start to appear with one after his work every now and again for me ;)

need to pop out soon but will prob leave shopping til tomorrow

you got much planned? x

Hi folks.....
i'm new on here but i'm looking for some help if anyone can....
i'm going to join a local slimming class next monday (7th jan) but it doesnt start until 7.30pm. i've gathered a lot of information from this site but know that i won't get my head around it all "properly" until i've been and i have all the books etc.
anyway....what i'd like to do, is start on monday myself (by doing a green day) so that tuesday is my 2nd day rather than my 1st and what i'm looking to find out is if you are able to mix days (ie green/red/EE) cos i'm thinking that once i have a look through all the stuff,i might end up doing extra easy?
will i be ok to do green on the monday then change if i wanted to...or do you have to stick to a certain type of day to see results?

am i right in thinking that if i do green, i get 2 healthy A's and B's and that its only 1 of each on EE?
thanks in advance for any replies....i'm sure this wont be the last of my questions lol xxx
hi and welcome - I'm new - joined Jan1 - I think this site is inspirational - and it's easy to post honestly cos it's anonymous yet friendly, interactive and supportive - so I think you've done the right thing.

Yes and Yes to your questions - it's fine to mix the days but you may find EE days so flexible you may stick to those - but there are times when u want 2 H Extras as well as your syns - you're in charge so do as u please!

The SW website is also brill - which will help with other queries as well as ur consultant and members here - I think it takes a while to get ur head around SW but when u do it's worth it! Good luck.

hi and welcome - I'm new - joined Jan1 - I think this site is inspirational - and it's easy to post honestly cos it's anonymous yet friendly, interactive and supportive - so I think you've done the right thing.

Yes and Yes to your questions - it's fine to mix the days but you may find EE days so flexible you may stick to those - but there are times when u want 2 H Extras as well as your syns - you're in charge so do as u please!

The SW website is also brill - which will help with other queries as well as ur consultant and members here - I think it takes a while to get ur head around SW but when u do it's worth it! Good luck.

hiya...thanks for posting :)

that post was actually from last january...so is a year old now.

i agree that the site is fab - it's helped me on my journey right from the beginning

hope you're getting on well with your journey too :D x

We'll we ended up on plan as he decided to have a KFC for lunch and didn't want a Chinese any more lol. I made the Barnsley chips with mustard mash and it was very tasty. Def one I would make again.

But it left me plenty of syns to use on treats so I have had some Special K biscuit moments and a blue ribband :)

I had a day doing family stuff so it was different to the usual. And because I've been sticking to my 'keep the house tidy as we go' resolution, I didn't need to spend the day cleaning!! :) bonus!

Hope you had a good day. What's your treats today?

what are the barnsley chips?

my day's been alright thanks, didn't really do too much and food's been on plan - butternut squash and falafel salad with space raiders for brunch, "korma" curry with rice and sw chips then fruit salad for dinner and treats were a freddo and some popcorn :)

11 syns in total for me including the muller greek in the curry

morrisons have the little bags of cheddar nibbles for £1. they're little bags with 16g of tiny wee cheese cubes and yummy. i suppose 2 bags (minus a few cubes or plus a syn or 2) would be out HEa....but they're handy and it feels like quite a lot of cheese....have you seen them?

great news that you didn't spend the day cleaning...i hoovered my stairs etc - but took me 2 attempts cos my hoover cuts out after so long lol....grrr!

what you's up to tomorrow?x

Lol I meant Barnsley CHOPS. :) it's a type of lamb chop and very yummy.

I haven't seen the little cheese things but will look out for them when I go to morrisons later to get the stuff that aldi didn't have yesterday. MUST look out for the chickpea Dahl!!

I'm round my parents for breakfast today and then maybe to the gym with my friend later on depending on what her plans are. I'm going to make a roast gammon for dinner and might try cooking it slowly in a bit of honey for a change.

What you up to?

oooh bet slow cooked gammon is nice...love gammon!
the one i get comes with a maple sauce, i cook it without it then my OH pours his over when everything is served...but i've had some and it's gorgeous! really compliments the saltiness....yum!

other than lamb mince for the kebab, i've never had anything else lamb....so dunno if i actually like it! lol

i've never seen the dahl in my morrisons...i look all the time! but i get some every week in asda...phew! they've got a few fruity things for £1 this week so i'll prob give aldi a miss....when i shop for the offers only, it's sometimes cheaper then aldi!

need to collect my wee one in an hr, but gonna just be going for shopping today i think.

got pork chops out for dinner so depending on what i eat from now until then, might do a red day x

So....I made the fish and decided on smash only cos I figured I'd use less just doing a teeny wee coating

Put them in the oven on tin foil to stop them sticking to the tray....fail! I didn't spray the foil so they stuck anyway and removed the whole coating from the other side! Lol

So now I'm not too concerned about food abuse cos I used a few tablespoons for them all, between two...then halved again seeing as it's all on the foil pmsl

Mushy peas taste of nothing....but it scratched the itch I've had for a while I guess :-/ x

Hi - I wasn't a lover of mushy peas until I seasoned them with black pepper, lo salt and vinegar on them and love them now, they bulk out the meal and they're cheap!

That's a great idea, getting a day's head start, lots of people eat in their usual way up to going to class but then your first week an be misleading. Good luck

Well I managed to get a tin of dahl and a beef savoury rice. I got unbranded dahl and batchelors rice. Not sure if they are the right ones but I'm gonna give it a go anyway and see if I like it.

I've just made some of the soft cheese you can make from yoghurt and put that in the fridge. I used the total fat free one instead of the 2% fat so it will be syn free and if I like the Dahl loaf then maybe a nice topping for that!?

Also on my cooking list today is the mushroom and spinach cannelloni for the freezer.

I've already had loads of syns today as bf treated us to a creame egg. That's 9 already gone and I need some for honey on the gammon so my day is over already syn wise lol.

Well I managed to get a tin of dahl and a beef savoury rice. I got unbranded dahl and batchelors rice. Not sure if they are the right ones but I'm gonna give it a go anyway and see if I like it.

I've just made some of the soft cheese you can make from yoghurt and put that in the fridge. I used the total fat free one instead of the 2% fat so it will be syn free and if I like the Dahl loaf then maybe a nice topping for that!?

Also on my cooking list today is the mushroom and spinach cannelloni for the freezer.

I've already had loads of syns today as bf treated us to a creame egg. That's 9 already gone and I need some for honey on the gammon so my day is over already syn wise lol.

aww i couldn't see it again today!
just gonna stick with my asda one..i like that best.

i've never topped it with anything...but i'd recommend cooking it on a lower heat for ages...and letting it sit for a while before you try to take it out...you know i've had many a disaster with crumbling taking it out and especially if it's too moist in the middle!

it makes my day if i get it out without much sticking to the bottom! lol x

Well I've just popped it in a warm oven at 120 degrees. Do you think that is low enough? And how long is 'ages'? Lol. I guess when it's firm and browned that's when it is ready!?!

On to the cannelloni now. Might even make a pasta bake for the freezer too while I'm in the zone lol. I've got some chorizo that I could pop in there with tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and peppers!?

Back