Help needed for 1st day......

driving myself crazy with it today...and i've only just tried to track them both! lol

i don't eat a lot of processed food...the odd mugshot now and then, and my goodies at night but other than that, it's things i've made and most include fruit and veg. i write on paper my food and in my diary on here...looking at my food diary which i write, there's always fruit and veg in my superfree column and i aim for it to be with each meal.

if i'd been 100% for the 3 weeks, i'd def have seen a loss - but i wasn't...and let's face it, i'm probably lucky i didn't have a gain.

i dunno where these thoughts for me have come from...between over thinking this and stuff happening at home...it's proper doing my head in :(

i've cooked sw style today as usual, but tried to track cals too - just out of interest.
have planned dinner and syns....and have 61 calories left for the day...but yet on SW, i have a HEb and 1.25 HEa's "to have"

i'm a bit hungry now and thinking...make up your mind..if you're sticking to sw the GO EAT! and if you're focussing on calories...then you need to wait til dinner time!

the hardest part has obviously been, for me, being on and off since november....i was 100% ALL the time last year until then...and none of these thoughts were there!

if i was to focus on calorie counting only, my foods would change...cos it's bloody hard work trying to calorie count meals made from scratch and how many grams in portions etc - took me forever trying to work it out for the quorn chilli this morning...and then the pasta bake that i made out of it...only good thing was as i calculated, it was keeping me off munching! haha

RE the wedding...the food was lovely, i had soup and a roll to start (OH had the pate) then chicken in bacon with a sauce, a couple of potatoes and veg and i picked cheesecake for dessert. it was too sickly so i didn't eat it all and kinda wished i'd got the choc fudge cake :drool: lol

food at night wasn't the usual buffet...it was rolls on bacon, or sausage, or chips! and of course, a taste of all flavours of the cake.
really was a good day...was a bit emotional but to be expected hehe

this weight loss/food carry on is a minefield at times eh... :(

oh..and quarter of a lb is a quarter of a lb...if i get technical, i officially lost point 2 of a lb...however much that is haha! x

Sent from my iPhone using Minimins

It's odd how all of a sudden your thoughts are running away with you. You were always so 'it is what it is' and relaxed about it last year. I think these last few busy weeks are what has done it. It's been difficult for you to stick to plan because you have been doing things at the weekend. Do you have a few weekends free now to really go for it!? If you do want to calorie count then try my fitness pal. It's an app that helps you track your calories and it's pretty straightforward.

I have decided against calorie counting or 5:2 with SW as well. I just figure that dieticians have so much knowledge and experience that me mixing diets is not going to work when all I am going by is guess work - unlike all the research the dieticians have done to come up with the plans in the first place. It's hard when you aren't moving along the scales but I'm going to stick at it as I do like the plan.

Have you heard of 7/7/7 on slimming world? It's 7 glasses of water, 7 speed foods and 7 syns for a week and it's meant to boost you if you have got stuck. I'm giving this a try this week to see how I get on. I'm out for the night Saturday so will be over 7 syns but I'll do it the rest of the week and see if it does anything. If not I'll introduce more red days or success express to get things moving.

Tomorrow will be hard as it's my aunties funeral so there will be a buffet for the wake. I'm going to eat a big breakfast and lunch as it isn't til 3;15 in the afternoon and hope that fills me up a bit.

My plan today is chilli for lunch with salad. Lots of speed food in that!! Then I'm out for dinner and I have picked a chicken salad from the menu (will skip the dressing). My syns will be 4 for crisps and I'll prob have an alpen bar when I get home to top me up before bed.

Have you had any more thoughts about what you will do?!

Aww I dunno what's up with me to be honest...I think it's just a mixture of everything - stuff at home too.
It was MFP that I tracked on yesterday, was just over 1500 cals for the day but great day sw wise

Today tho, I've only got just over 300 calories left...before my dinner, syns and HE's! Not much chance today so sw all the way lol

Quite fancying a latte this morning...do you know which is best or if we can use HEA towards it or whatever?

Are you off all day tomorrow then? Never nice but don't be worrying about syns etc...kinda puts things into perspective a bit eh :(

Need to rush the now toots but will get a better chance to catch up later x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
How did you get on today?? Did you get your coffee?? When I'm getting one I always go for a skinny cappuccino as there is less milk than a latte and I count it as a hexa. I think a small skinny cappuccino is about 5 syns but I just do it that way to be safe really. Any coffee place will be about the same syns hun - just steer clear of the cakes and biccies lol.

My day went well diet wise. I stuck to my plan of chicken salad for dinner even though everyone else had burgers. So I'm pleased with myself for that. On my way home now and feel a little peckish so will have some fruit or something when I get in.

good for you....did you enjoy it or kinda wish you were having some burgers too?

my day's been good thanks, stuck to plan and finished on 8.5 syns...going to bed soon but still have 1/2 a HEb which i'm trying to figure out what i can have...dunno what i fancy?

i didn't get one but did go with my friend and watched how they make it...the small one was just semi skimmed milk with the coffee shot put in...are there syns in the coffee stuff?
i take it a skinny latte is made from skimmed milk then? i've no clue...never really bother with places like that cos i never drink it really...but i get what you mean about the cakes and biscuits! lol

is that you just on your way home - from going to work this morning? or did you get home before going for dinner? x

There are no syns in the coffee so it's literally just a hex or syns for the milk in the coffee. And 'skinny' means made with skimmed milk rather than full day milk. I love a coffee shop coffee but try not to get it that often. Although I count it as a hex (legitimately) I think if I had it every day it would have an impact on the scales. It's a real treat for me now when I do have it and I enjoy it a lot more!

I worked away for about a year and a half and had one every day!! Full fat lattes for a whole 18 months plus a croissant for brekkie. Jeeeez it's scary when I think about it.

We went straight from work to a pub near the office for dinner so I have just got home. Pretty late but i don't have an early start as the funeral is 3:15. Hopefully I will get a lie in and time to cook a nice big brekkie.

Actually the salad was nice and tasty so it was fine really. I wasn't craving the other stuff. The only thing is that I felt hungry after an hour or two so I've just had some chopped up carrot lol. So rock and roll haha!

How you feeling about it all today!? Hopefully a little better??

rock and roll lol..but all so very on plan ;)

it's so easy to get into the routine of visits to costa/cafe's etc...a woman in my work has a roll on something fried EVERY morning...and there's not a pick on her! seething with jealousy...really i am hehe

i tracked on MFP yest too but was way over calories (but a low syn sw day). didn't stress but i'm not sure that it pointing out, if i eat the same every day, in 5 weeks i'd be heavier will do me any good pmsl....didn't think about it too much though....was too busy being stressed out by other things so at least it kept my mind off the sw V calories battle i was having big time the other day.

hope today goes ok for you huni...well, as ok as it possibly can! x

Well today went as well as it could have done considering! Very sad but nice to see such a good turnout.

Food wise also very good. I had bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomato for breakfast with one Slice of toast. Then an alpen to complete the hexb. Then a small bowl of tuna salad and an apple before I left. When I got there I had a little bit of rice and peas from the hot buffet and some cold meat and cherry toms. Now I'm making some potato wedges with bacon chopped on the top and mushy peas for my final but of speed food.

And still have all 7 syns intact!! Think I'll snuggle up with some hoops and crosses and an alpen bar with a cuppa in a bit to use them up!!

How has your day been? Xxx

aww that was great - food wise!

glad it went ok...probably nice to see people but under sad circumstances is never good eh :(

my day's been ok thanks, had mac and cheese with extra veg for lunch, quorn chicken fried rice with peppers, spring onion and petit pois for dinner and settling soon with some crisps and a small crunchie i think :)

got a small skinny latte this morning, got some sugar free caramel syrup which i think will be a syn but i really liked it!
topped it up with hot water once i'd had about half to keep it warm which was ok too...don't know much about coffees but would def be up for using my HEa on milk for a change sometimes cos it's always cheese! can't be a bad thing.
he made it the same as i'd seen, skimmed milk, frothed it up then just added the coffee....was a treat and not one i'd want to pay £2 a day for! lol, but worth keeping in mind ;)

you got a busy day tomorrow?x

Just be aware of the coffees hun - a latte has more milk than a cappuccino so don't make them a regular habit. And also good news that the sugar free syrups are syn free :):):)

I love having one now and then as a nice treat now - feels so naughty and special lol.

Tomorrow will be steady but not overly busy I don't think. I have got out some fish pie mixture to make for dinner tomorrow so will get bf to cook that I think ;) I have some tuna made up already so I'll do some salad to have with it at lunch time.

Doing well on the 777 plan so far. I haven't really missed having the extra syns which I thought I would. Working in the butchers on Saturday so that will be a tough one to fit the speed foods in. Think I will make up a fruit salad for breakfast to give myself a good start!!

You busy tomorrow?

good for you...you've been on a roll lately so hopefully you get a good result on monday ;)

i think the syrups might be at least one syn....but i'll be careful.
it was just a small one, which it would always be...but i'm wondering if i'd be better trying a cappuccino...even with the syrup to see if i like that one too?
is that just made with water but a wee bit froth on the top?

no wonder these places make a fortune...the girl in front of me got some big thing and something to eat and i thought my god, i bet that all adds up at the end of the week!

not sure i'd be too bothered if i was having it instead of cheese - especially on green/red days cos surely it would be less fat than cheese allowance?

i used to eat cereal a lot (before sw) and that was the only time i'd have milk....i'd be wary of having cheese and a HEa of milk and i know we're allowed 2...but i never use them so it would be more for me than usual if you get what i mean?x

Cappuccino is half milk and half froth whereas latte is mostly milk with a little froth on top. You prob would like it and you are right that a small one of either would be ok anyway. The lady I work with has one of the giant ones....looks like a pint glass hahaha. And she has it every day!!

I'll look up the syns of the syrup for you tomorrow at work. What flavour did you get?

I used to eat a massive bowl of cereal. Always something sweet and naughty like coco pops! Boy did I love them!! :) wonder how many syns in a nice big bowl of those!!!

Hope my night off on Saturday doesn't throw the 777 off track but we will see :) I'm going to enjoy myself and not stress about it!

i'm sure it won't....if you've only been having 7 syns then you already have loads saved up for whatever you end up having ;)

i had the caramel syrup in the coffee...was yum!

up earlier today to wash my hair...off to dry it now and get organised.

you ok this morning? : x

Yeah I'm not too bad today although I feel really tired. I did sleep well but got stingy eyes this morning.

I'm gonna have to be more inventive with my lunch tomorrow as today's tuna and salad isn't appealing to me at all haha. I've got alpen bars and kiwi fruits for breakfast and the salad for lunch with carrot sticks and hoops and crosses. I didn't end up having any syns yesterday so maybe you are right about Saturday. We will see on Monday morning :)

What's your food looking like today?

We've got that fun day thing at work so it's probably looking like party food!
Said I might take teeny and I out after school and get some dinner just the 2 of us but will wait and see

Gonna count cals for what I have...started my day with some raisin toast and it was so good...love it!

How awful does that sound after hearing of your salad plans...you're so good ;) he he

The key for me is to get right back on track tomorrow and not take it as the go ahead to be off all weekend...that's where I've gone wrong at times this month so if I do that, I think I'll feel better!x

How was fun day and dinner with teeny?! Hopefully it was good fun! We had a lovely sunny day here yesterday so hope you did too. Raining today though :(

My tuna salad wasn't all that bad in the end as I had a late lunch break so I was starving!! Got leftover fish pie today so looking forward to that! Porridge for breakfast as well to fill me up!

Still managing the 777 plan but i know that my colleague is bringing in cakes today as he has worked for the department of health for 30 years!!!! They will be from the nice cake shop so I may go over syns as a little treat. Will see what happens later on.

Oh yum! Are you gonna cave??? Lol

Yest was ok, had party food at work but mostly Doritos and cheese savoury nibble things to be honest...tried red velvet cake which someone had made but wasn't keen - I didn't realise it just tasted like choc cake?

We didn't go for dinner in the end, was so busy that I ended up with weetabix and banana and a chunky kit Kat for dinner and that was about 8:30!
Suppose it was better but I was reeeeally looking forward to having Frankie and Benny's which is what we'd decided between us...not to worry ;)

Not sure what my meals are today but I've had rice with fruit and yog so far

How's your day looking so far?x

He hasn't bought the cakes yet so we will see if he does it today or next week sometime! If he does it next week it will be fine as I'll be back to normal syns then hahahaha.

I probably will have some (presuming he gets something I like since I'm so fussy) and then not have any more for the rest of the day. Still going ok so far food wise.

Work wise not too bad either. Nice relaxed day so far so here's hoping the afternoon passes quickly. How's your day?

Ooh I wonder when they'll appear!

Was glad we didn't have costco cake at work otherwise if have made portion size decisions lol

Not feeling great today so haven't done much really other then general housey stuff, getting hungry now so gonna go think about lunch!

How's your sister getting on? Has she still been doing sw when possible?x

Back