Help needed for 1st day......

He was being optimistic about a BBQ lol. Stuck to the plan of calamari and stir fry and it all turned out really well! Annoyed that I had to cook it though as bf said he would the day before but when I got home he was asleep and being stubborn about not wanting to cook it yet because he was tired. Winds me up so much because I'm tired too! I did debate on just cooking for myself and leaving him to sort himself out but that's just going to cause an argument lol.

Then I had to make a chocolate cake for work as someone is leaving so once I had done that and showered I was well ready for bed!! I'll have a little slice as a reward lol. Did I tell you I have given up crisps for lent!? I'm not religious but my colleague at work is giving up biscuits and he has loads of them so I'm giving up crisps!!!

Did your bf like his pudding you made!? Sounds like something my bf would like too!! Too much for me though - im pretty fussy with puddings.

Can't wait til tomorrow as I'm going to the restaurant which the runner up from masterchef is resident at. We got a good deal for 3 courses pls a glass of wine for £35 so I'm going with 2 girls from work!

Oh that's a great deal! Hope you have fun ;)

Yep, OH liked it...but it's a bit squishy under the chocolate...won't stop him tho lol
Forgot to add in 16 digestives so prob more like 6000 calories for it all...madness eh!

How annoying about the cooking scenario but at least you didn't argue...compromising at it's best eh!

I'm just at work so better shoot, enjoy your day and I'll catch up with you later x
Ps...good luck avoiding choc cake hehe x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't avoid the cake at all lol. Ah well. Never mind.

Today i didn't get anything ready for work food wise so i brought a mango to cut up as a snack, cereal for breakfast and a yoghurt. Going to try and get one of those salads in tesco I think :)

Day three of no crisps today!!

ooh you're so good!
i love crisps and if i had my way, i'd happily munch on them all day...everyday lol

nothing much to report for me really, off today and just back from getting some veg and a few bits from aldi. got some sweet potatoes to try cos i've never had them before!
think i might make a 1/2 syn roulade to have with fruit but got one or two phone calls to make so will see

it's tonight you're off for your meal isn't it?x

Yes the meal was tonight and it was scrummy!! And even better they didn't add all of the drinks we had to the bill so even better :) on my way home now and can't wait to get into bed lol. Here are some piccies;

image-629967943.jpg

image-1759924618.jpg

image-4067888532.jpg

How was your day?!

Oh yum!
How posh does that look!
What did you have?
Fabby about the drinks ;) love it!

My day has been ok thanks, had baked sweet potato at lunch for the 1st time which was good...I was reading on how they're better for you than normal ones...lots more fibre etc

You got much planned for the weekend?x

The starter I had was salmon cooked in a water bath on a purée of goats cheese and yoghurt with dill and elderflower pea things in miso and dill sauce.

The main was lobster and mussel risotto and the pudding was chocolate torte with mint, lemon and choc sorbets and some peanut biscuits (which I didn't eat) and caramel tweals.

Sounds soooo posh and it was lovely. Had a really nice night with 2 girls from work that I hadn't been out with before and finished the night with a lovely walk back to the station along the river Thames (which helped clear my head and is lovely as it's really lively at night and all lot up with fairy lights).

It's meant to be 17 degrees here today so got some washing on and I'm hoping to get it outside to dry. Then we are off to my friends for dinner tonight and I don't have anything on tomorrow so some spring cleaning I think :)

You up to much?!

sounds like a great wee night, you'll need to keep an eye out for a good deal again ;)

17 degrees!!! it's rainy and blowing a gale here today lol

not much planned at this end...i was gonna take my wee one to the cinema this morning but there's nothing exciting on for him that he's not seen so that's out.

been doing some more thinking about the plan/calorie counting and i'm not sure whether to give calorie counting a go - exclusively but still keeping food optimising in mind.
i feel since january, i'm just pi$$ing about - i'm fine all week but come the weekend, i just don't really want to do all the cooking etc and i don't know what's changed cos last year, it wasn't even a thought...i was on it 7 days, losing weight and not thinking about anything. now i feel i'm on plan all week, off it or struggling cos i want to be off it over the weekend and thinking way too much about stuff like i used to!

i'm thinking maybe i should stick to sw all week and calorie count at the weekend...that way it would give me control of the non sw foods cos just now, when i'm off it, it's like i have to cram everything in during that "time off" which is bad....and definitely waaaay over calories...so i'm wondering if i did it that way, i'd still be satisfying the need for the non sw foods...but not going OTT!

OR....i make the decision to calorie count and see how i go?

i dunno why i'm scared to make the decision...i know 100%, i would still be food optimising when it comes to most things...that seems normal now and i'd get more food for less calories that way...but it would give me the freedom to have convenient things if i wanted them.
i want to eat healthily but i'm not in the same mental place i was months ago so instead of saying oh, i had an off plan meal, oh well, i end up saying oh, had that now...may as well blow the rest of the day!
and if i've got something on, it's like the green light to have every bit of junk i've not had for a while the whole day rather than just be out for dinner or whatever.

tried to speak to my OH about it last night but he's just not clue, not interested really (but only cos he doesn't get it and hasn't had to worry about that stuff himself!) but said i wouldn't be able to eat as much. my point was that i'm trying to be mindful of calories cos at the end of the day...if we eat too many, we don't lose weight and right now, i'm able to see how easy it is to eat too much on the sw free foods - guilt free!

i miss the things like being out at the weekend, having a subway ham salad roll (which really, isn't THAT bad calories wise...and a great option compared to mcdonalds! lol) and chicken kebabs which are considered a no no cos of the "dreaded pitta"!
i generally pick healthy options....but when i'm following sw then having time off...i pick the worst options ever...and that's because i want to have all the things i "can't have" when i'm on plan.
so really...i binge on them and that's not good.

sw has really shown me what we can do with cooking better....and how we can make meals healthier and lower in fat....but i want to find a happy medium and not feel so limited!

do you get what i mean?

i had a look on some people's diaries last night for calorie counting and i know i could get way more to eat for my calories than some were having....and that's probably down to me spending my time on here/having sw recipes.
i also looked at ww - the new stuff and it's pretty much the same as sw but you're allowed more calorie controlled bread, crumpets etc.

i did struggle on ww in the end using the pro points..but that's when i thought i had to have a 300 calorie micro meal to let me have crisps at night...now i know i can make meals packed with superfree which are lower in calories and also much healthier!

i just don't want to feel bad for having a bloody slice of 50/50 bread any more (which i haven't lol) cos it's not the end of the world...but i've recognised that right now, for me, i'd take that as the go ahead to ruin the rest of the day cos that's not sw free foods!

i want the normal stuff....but i need to control and i know i can...but not whilst trying to follow SW. i don't want to have the slice of bread instead of my freddo at night...at that's what i'd need to do.

i'm frightened to make the decision and i think it's in case i get it wrong...and that's why i feel i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place!
i have the will power in me....last year on plan showed that, but i'd like the flexibility more these days and CC would give me that.

MFP gives me 1500 calories a day to lose 1lb a week...this week, i've done SW but tracked too and that's meant weighing potatoes and pasta but i've done it.
i lost a lot of weight years ago with calorie counting and it only got difficult when my calories reduced as my weight did. but like i said, i barely cooked anything from scratch so i def know now, that would be a healthier way as well as bulk meals out.

i'm doing my own head in with all this thinking lol...but i need to make a choice and get on with it instead of torturing myself! :( x

Aww hun it's hard when you are unsure and your confidence is shaken. Maybe you need to go back to group for some discipline?!

The way I see it is that whether you decide to calorie count or follow SW, you know what sort of thing you shouldn't be eating if you want to lose weight. The calories in pasties, buttered toast and sweet things are high even if you aren't counting syns - and you know this full well. Don't use wavering on which plan to follow be your excuse to eat rubbish and then blame it on the plan. You are strong and you CAN do this!!

If you need time off a rigid plan then have it but don't ruin your progress so far hun. You have done so well. I hope you are feeling better about things now?!

Thanks toots :)
I'm feeling a bit better but it's still in my mind..been calorie counting properly since Saturday and ironically, yesterday was the first Sunday in a while that I prepared foods for all meals!

Obviously the more healthier the meals, the more I get for my calories so def been keeping food optimising in mind!

I can't just have a break away from any sort of plan, so cc will give me that control...otherwise I would just go ott and ruin things which is not what I want!

I made another diary in the cc section but there aren't half as many diaries to read compared to these forums....but that could be cos it's more straight forward. Not as limited so doesn't have the need for as many ideas etc could be why?

Saturday was hellish for me, I battled with my thoughts all day and between that and some other stuff which is wearing me down, I just can't focus on/don't have the energy to feel so limited in searching for/making on plan foods

I dunno if it's right or wrong, but I'm going with calorie counting for now. 1500 a day and def don't plan to use them on 3 pasties for the day to use them up...I still want to include healthy stuff and be thrifty to get the most I can for that amount but not to feel guilty if I have non sw foods even if it's not the worst option!

Good thing is I haven't thrown the towel in with wanting to lose weight...I've just swapped for now?
Quite liking that MFP shows the ratio of carbs/fats/protein etc and I can already see how quickly "free" foods would mount up, but I need to try work out a balance of lower calories but without hunger.
I wish I could say not going to class is the reasoning behind all of this...but I couldn't ever stay at class so not missing anything on that part...just saving £5 a week!

Anyway...how was your weekend?

What you munching on today?x

Gahhh yesterday was so off plan! I had an all day conference and literally nothing available food wise was remotely SW friendly. Oh well. Back on it today with leftover SW paella and salad for lunch. Cereal bars and fruit for breakfast and yoghurt for a snack. Only about 1 syn so far for the minimal amount of chorizo in the paella so looking good.

Steak night again tonight and as me and bf are trying hard to save, I'm going again. Will have the usual jacket potato and not sure if I will even need any syns later. Will prob make up for some of yesterday if I don't have any though eh!?

I stayed the same weight wise which I'm not bothered about tbh. The last few days I've just been happy that I have lost some and I'm not worried how long it is taking since I am off plan some of the time. Glad to hear you are feeling better about things as well hun. How have the last 2 days been!?

they've been fine thanks...a little hungry at times but haven't gone over 1500 calories and with treats planned in for tonight, i have over 200 to play with which is good!

i had a chilli chicken noodle meal from asda's healthy range for dinner...1st pre-packed thing i've bought in ages, it was big thick noodles, a few bits of chicken, peppers, onion, cabbage, sugar snap peas, some sort of sauce and a LOT of ginger. could've made it myself but grabbed it and thought it was worth 304 calories cos i couldn't finish it!

sts wasn't bad if you've had things on here or there...life happens sometimes so it's good you're not giving yourself a hard time and the main thing is for you, it doesn't spiral out of control and lead to days/weeks off healthy eating!

hope you enjoy your meal out tonight :) x

Meal out was really nice. I used my syns on a couple of glasses of wine in the end which was a nice change.

Today I am on EE. I've got porridge for breakfast and leftover paella for lunch with salad, fruit and yoghurt. Still not had any crisps :)

Dinner is pork stir fry with noodles. I haven't been keeping a diary as such this week for some reason but know I didn't go over syns yesterday and have plenty spare that I'm not planning to use today.

Glad you are feeling better about things. Are you going to weigh after a week calorie counting and see if it is working?!

Ooh wine on a school night...what a treat ;) lol
Sounds like you're doing fine not tracking, I think it's prob the norm for us to eat sensibly eh (most if the time anyway lol)

I'm not sure whether to weigh this weekend...or to wait til next week which is what i had planned anyway?
Will wait and see but I've been at 1500 for the last 5 days anyway :)

Feeling a bit hungry the now so gonna grab a skinny cappuccino on my way to work for 80 odd cals. have magic porridge with berries to have for breakfast. Got a Kerry low low snack pack and some home made soup for lunch and some sw chilli for dinner which I'll have with wedges or maybe baked sweet potato...not too bad ;)

Need to head in now but hope your day goes ok xx

Really hope your WI goes well hun and that you seem to be keeping things under control and not beating yourself up about adjusting your plan to better suit you. Nothing wrong with giving new things a try and if you don't like it, try something else or go back to SW which you know works if you are 100%.

What sort of things you having for dinner and lunches while calorie counting!? Do you still have your hexes?

Me and my friend who is doing SW have decided to try something else this week. 777 worked ok for me but I'm not sure she stuck to it 100% and subsequently she then had a week off and gained 1lb Monday. So this week we are doing SW 5 days and 2 days of low calorie. Today is the first low calorie day for me and I'm skeptical to be honest. I just don't know if it will be enough food for me but I'll give it a go this week and see if it works come Monday morning lol.

I've got an alpen bar and yoghurt for breakfast, some salad and an apple for lunch and dinner is stir fried vegetables with pork (no noodles or rice). Sounds ok but I am used to more free food than that so will see how I get on.

Got a day of paperwork today so just gonna plug myself into my iPod and hopefully get it all done. Not hopeful lol. How is your day looking?

That's what I'd thought about doing...sw thru the week and cc at the weekend...but wasn't sure how that would work for fluid retention etc.
How many calories are you gonna have?

Last night, I told my OH about me cc and that i was hungry...he didn't know how I was feeling about stuff really and he was not amused!
He's told me to knock it on the head and get back to what I was doing, not thinking about calories cos last year he saw a big change in me-positive change!
He said if im hungry, that's when there's more chance I'll grab something or have unhealthy stuff but I was shocked at how much he wasn't happy!
He can't relate to how we feel about out weight at all but he has a huge issue with my guilt and all the grief I give myself...wee soul :)

Yest for lunch I had a Kerry low low snack pack and some soup, today is a square wrap thing with chicken and lettuce. I'm starving this morning but the thing in struggling with the most is having to count fruit and veg. I've been still having some but have noticed my toilet habits are different and it's not a fav of mine! Lol

Dinner last night was the sw chilli I made with a baked sweet potato but I was miserable last night cos I was hungry :(

I need that switch to change where calories doesn't enter my head and I do what I did last year!!

Hope your day goes ok, I'm just heading for mine to start *sigh* lol x

I think what your OH said was actually really sweet. :) I guess it's his way of being supportive by telling you how well you have done and maybe he has a point!? You did so well last year on SW and it only started to get confusing in the run up to Xmas.

I think it's only right that you relax around Xmas but instead of getting back on it 100%, you have been on and off and trying out new things because something is telling you SW wasn't working well enough.

Maybe you do need to really give SW another bash to get the scales moving again but don't rush yourself if you aren't ready to make a decision. Just be as good as you can and don't undo all your hard work from the last year in the process.

Today has been quite hard for me on low calories but I have managed to come in at 504 calories for the day. I have been a little hungry but not unmanageable and I'm looking forward to eating more tomorrow lol.

Had some sad news today though that bf's nan passed away last night. She had been pretty poorly for a while. He is dealing with it in standard bloke fashion by going for a beer with a friend. I think it will hit him but prob not for a few days. Very sad though - we seem to keep getting sad news recently. :(

aww noo! aww i'm sorry to hear that - especially so soon after your recent bad news :(
guess he just needs to go thru the motions eh...what a shame x

504 is low for the day! are you thinking 5:2?

i think you're right in what you're saying, and my OH and also the girls who have commented on my diary to my mammoth meltdown posts over the weekend lol.
i dunno what made me doubt it and think about calories we could eat in the 1st place! but as Amy said earlier on here, i never ever kicked the ar$e out of the free foods or had lots of food abuse (chickpea nuts, lasagne sheet crisps etc) and she pointed out that the odd time i was off plan for something, i'd get straight back on it not to mention even after the 4 weekly gain that i'd have.

she's so right!

i was never sure if cc was gonna be for me...but one thing's for sure...i am HATING counting fruit and veg out! i weighed out 20g frozen raspberries and bloody lettuce ffs...what's that all about!!

usually when i'm not on plan, i have trouble at the loo...and that's happening now but i didn't expect it cos it's not like i've gone to cc for days of junk food!

i'm doing my own head in lol...maybe i just need to ditch it all and get back on track. back to how it was in the beginning maybe - when i did one day green, one day EE?

i'm sorry for whinging a lot about the to-ing and fro-ing the last wee while...thank you for putting up with me :) x

Don't be silly hun - I'm always here when you need to unload. We all have wobbles and we all understand what you are going through. Sometimes you need to put the feelers out there for some advice and other peoples perspective on things but you need to work through it all yourself. Bit like therapy :)

I have always been inspired by your attitude to slimming...more so than anyone else I have come across on here. My advice would be to go back to the very beginning. Read your books again from start to finish (and also the newbie thread on here). Maybe consider going back to class just to hear the beginners talk again!? Start seriously planning your meals and trying to vary your diet to include lots of speed and SuperFree. I know you can get back into the swing of it hun. You just need to take a few days to get prepared and then go for it!!

Yeah I'm having a low calorie day today. My loose plan is to do the same on Sunday and the rest of the time just follow SW and not count calories. It was my friends idea - she is trying out new stuff like you are and roping me in at the same time. It's an experiment really for a week and I'll prob just do it for this week. Maybe it would be a damage control tool to use for counteracting days off plan lol.

It would be ideal for times we have social things on? But really, I just hate being hungry, overly hungry I mean...especially when I don't need to be!

I've still got every week's food written since I started last jan so I could look over all of that too!

Watching botched up bodies abroad...OH has disappeared in horror and I'm sitting saying aww I'd get a tummy tuck, bingo wing reduction and new boobs in a heartbeat! Lol.
He's away after a look of disgust and a comment which I didn't make out....he's a keeper me thinks lol x

Back