Help needed for 1st day......

Yep things are good today. I'm feeling less bloated than last week so hopefully being back on track is doing the trick. I've started planning for tomorrow night as I am treating my dad to an Indian. I'll save a few syns today to cover any extra I have but think I can stick to 15 if I am stubborn! Lol

How's your day?

Ooh what you gonna have?
I only really like korma, or chicken tikka chasni..none of which are fat free! Lol
Naan bread with rice and sauce is my fav...again, not ideal for sw!

My day is ok...but it's taken me all I have not to eat rubbish! So far so good, but it's been a struggle :(

Took fanta quorn chicken out the freezer for dinner but it looks funky...dunno if it'll be ok but I'm eating it anyway! Already prepared fruit salad for after so hopefully it all goes to plan! Lol

What you up to tonight?
Is it a special meal tomorrow or just a treat?x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww hope you managed to hold out hun. The mustard chicken thing was lovey tonight. Will def make that again in the future.

Tomorrow night I'm having either rogan josh or dhansak which are both 6.5. I'll have a little bit of poppadum and chutney (6) and plain boiled rice. I've only had 6 syns today and I'll keep the rest in case a have a little bit of sides tomorrow :)

That'll be good :)

What was the chicken recipe? I'm not overly keen on mustard...but have been using a teeny wee bit when making the stroganoff

I've held out...had my dinner which tasted ok, and not long had some fruit salad with scan bran cake thru it...it's been ages since I had that so I enjoyed it and there's a fair few bits left for the next couple of days

Tomorrow is EE and I've got a wee tub with yesterday's chilli and rice for lunch and took two of the 1/2 syn sausages out to have for dinner...

Off now to have some popcorn, space raiders and a mini malteser bunny...well worth the 8.5 syns for it all and mentally...a good wee munch ;) x

It's whole grain mustard and Dijon mustard with light mayo salt and pepper mixed together. It's quite mild - I'm not a huge mustard fan and I can handle it. In fact I put quite a bit on my portion. You only cook the chicken in some of it and the rest you add once cooked so you can have as much or little as you want.

I'll find the actual recipe for you to look at tomorrow at work - it's a bit tricky on my phone lol.

Your treats sound nice today - I can't wait til I can have crisps again! I still haven't had any and on Easter Sunday I'm going to treat myself to a big bag of monster munch :):)

I'd be treating myself to a multi pack if I'd given them up for that long! Pmsl

I've only had normal mustard I think so if they're all different in taste, maybe I'd like it?

I need to spend some time cooking to freeze for handy lunches...off Monday tues next week so could be a plan ;)

Kids finish for Easter holidays here this fri so I'm at work few days next week then off the following week which will save in child care costs etc

Think I'm heading to bed soon...the sooner I go, the sooner I can confirm a day off 100% and NOT giving in to temptation!!x

Dijon is quite a bit milder and has a more tangy less sharp flavour and whole grain can be minder or stronger depending on which one you get. I like both of those every now and then but wouldn't eat normal English mustard so maybe give it a try if you get the chance to. And with the mayo as well it tones it down really nicely so it's more flavour than spice if you know what I mean.

I'm all tucked up in bed now - bf is out at a friends house for the football so I have it all to myself. Bliss ;)

Did you manage to get an early night?
I was earlier than usual and slept til about 3 ish, took a while to get back to sleep but managed another couple of hrs before it was time to get up.

Not too bad I suppose...had worse lol

I know you have your meal tonight...but how's your day looking otherwise?

I'm hungry this morning but gonna head for a big glass of squash and just nibble on something before I head out the door rather than eat this early. Prob be thirst too so the juice will help x

I made up some pasta last night with a tomatoey sauce and tuna so that's my lunch. I might stop off and look in tesco to see if I can find a BNS salad to have tomorrow since I'm on the early train. Breakfast is weetabix and I've got some fruit and yoghurt for snacks. So not bad at all!

I got to bed at about normal time in the end. Feeling a bit tired today but need to wake up sharpish as I have two meetings this morning!! Eeeekk!

How's your day looking hun?

I dunno about that one...but it's the BNS and falafel....I can't get it anywhere and my OH can't get to the tesco that has it the same now :(

I'm not sure if it's the metro ones or express stores that sell it...it's yummy, I hope you get a chance to taste it :) x

It's whole grain mustard and Dijon mustard with light mayo salt and pepper mixed together. It's quite mild - I'm not a huge mustard fan and I can handle it. In fact I put quite a bit on my portion. You only cook the chicken in some of it and the rest you add once cooked so you can have as much or little as you want.

I'll find the actual recipe for you to look at tomorrow at work - it's a bit tricky on my phone lol.

Your treats sound nice today - I can't wait til I can have crisps again! I still haven't had any and on Easter Sunday I'm going to treat myself to a big bag of monster munch :):)

Morning Sparty. I saw your picture of the Mustard Chicken on Kathys thread and although I keep the index undated I could not find it. There are so many now that I am going to go back through them and do a list on my thread for the ones I want to try. Do remember by any chance what page number it was. I fancy having a go at that.

Hi nanny Doreen! I saw you spotted the recipe on page three. I'll try and add the page number when I post again to help you out a bit :)

Morning hun. Last night was really good. Menu plan went out the window but on balance I think I didn't do too badly in the end. We had to change our minds because the place we went didn't do what I wanted lol. Ahh well. Best laid plans eh!?

I'll work it all out later and see how much damage I may have done but today will be no problem. I'm out for lunch at gourmet burger kitchen and that will be where my syns go. I'll stick to something quite plain so all I will have to syn is a bit of oil no doubt and the bun (which is about 7).

I'm out for a run tonight straight from work and as I haven't taken anything out for dinner it will
Be more if the tuna thing I had for lunch yesterday which is still in the fridge. Bf will have leftover Chinese from his dinner last night lol.

Then I plan on collapsing in bed as I am butchering tomorrow and I am Shattered!! How is your day looking!?

busy wee bee :)

glad you had a nice night...and enjoyed it even with the change of food plan ;)

think it's green for me today, still been alternating my days so it'll be quorn peppered steak with potatoes of some sort an

d veg i think.

the weather is miserable here..again :( it's been rainy and windy all week - since the clocks changed, it's been naff! lol x

It's been odd here weather wise because of all the smog and Sahara dust. Have you seen it in the news?! My asthma has been playing up because of it but I'm sill going running tonight!!

My boss bought us all prosecco this afternoon - def a good boss to have lol. Things looking really good for my team at the moment and they have all been working really hard so they deserve it. And I am happy to tag along ;)

Hope you had a good day!?

ooh yay! great boss indeed!
i'm sure you all deserve it though...it sounds like you's work really hard :)

i've seen it briefly about the fog etc...not too sure about it all but it can't be good!
what a shame about your asthma though :(

my day's been ok thanks, haven't eaten too much but dinner is in the oven for me so i'll get that soon
having quorn peppered steak, cubed roasted potatoes and a veg pouch. instead of cottage cheese, i'm gonna put some philly light on the steak thing...i always use the cottage cheese to calm the pepper down a bit lol

had some 1/2 syn roulade and fruit salad with a dollop of rice through it for breakfast, a boiled egg, honey monster stix bar and a tangerine for lunch and this is dinner.

went to m&s and picked up a few bits and bobs...all looks lovely but it's just so pricey!
i couldn't bring myself to pay £5 for 2 lots of fruit salad type things....no matter how pretty they were!

got a pack of the beef terriyaki things in mooli ribbons which are 2 syns so plan to have that for dinner and i picked up some of the singapore noodles which are free so thought dinner tomorrow could be those with chicken and veg through it and maybe some curry sauce of some sort?
will wait and see

hope you're not too tired after your run tonight...early start for you tomorrow so you DEFINITELY deserve a long lie and a day of chilling out on sunday! ;) x

Your day sounds like a huge success yesterday food wise :) well done hun!

I managed to drag myself out for some exercise after the bubbly last night! My friend came over and we jogged, stretched did step ups on a bench and did sit ups for 1 hour 20 mins!! Not a bad first effort I think!! Don't ache too badly today which is lucky as I'll be on my feet all day!

Grand national today! We've had a few bets so hopefully we will make some money back :) do you bet on the national? It's the only one I do - I'm terrible at gambling!!

Well done on the exercise...but I have no clue how you are not sore! Lol...a good thing of course, but I'd be crippled! Pmsl

How's your food looking today seeing as you're working in the butchers? Wonder if you'll get any meat home with you ;) x

Back