Help needed for 1st day......

I wrote you a really long message last week and just noticed it didnt post!!! (Haven't been ignoring you i promise!)

The town i live in has a market at the weekends and generally the quality is very good. If you go towards the end of the day you can sometimes pick up a big bag of stuff for £1 as they need to get rid of it all so if I am in town I always pick up some bits and bobs. I think it depends on what is local to you - might be worth wandering over one day and having a little look to see what they do?

Steak night was a success - as was most of the week although I did have my spa thing which was 2 days off plan. I did flexi days and had 80 syns as my limit which I stuck to but still it isn't good to have 2 days off on your first week. Really hoping that it hasn't done much damage and that I at least lose something - I will be mortified if I have gained in my first week! I did hop on the scales this morning and although I know it doesn't count unless you are at group, it is showing movement in the right direction so fingers crossed for later.

I didn't get chance to do much cooking but I made a quorn bolognese type dish last night and made enough to have after class today as I will get back late (about 9ish). I will snack on some fruit while I am in group and then just warm this up once I get home. Hoping to be able to do this every week so I don't have to go home and rush my dinner every monday to make it to group on time.

How has this week been for you? Have you made much stuff this week/new recipes? I need to get some food shopping this week so going to spend some time making a list today! Have you been to WI yet?

Aww boo to the msg not posting!
:(
Did you really enjoy your couple of days and time at the spa?
Well done for flexi synning and staying in control...when is your class?

I weighed on fri...pesky 1lb off but a loss is a loss I suppose! I was miffed cos I'd eaten loads of superfree but onwards I go.

Haven't cooked anything new but ordered some stuff from that Joes sausages so it's due to arrive tm

I know it's not officially approved by sw but products are 4% fat and someone posted that if you put the values into the calc, it comes up free.

They have a code from fb until thurs so I got my own 8 items plus 2 things thrown in too :)

Must give the fruit stalls a thought next time I pass and the market is on...

What's new at your end? Everything ok?x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Spa was lovely but the fire alarm went off at 4am so that wasn't great lol.

Well done on your loss - anything is a bonus and it's great that you are getting back into it. Are you off for summer holidays now?! You tend to cook less when you are don't you!?

My group is Monday evening at 7:30! I lost 4lb today!!!! So shocked and pleased. Got a really hectic week this week so need to try and maintain that! But I've bought fruit and salad so my brekkie and lunch should be on plan. It's only the evenings that will be tough.

Aww brilliant!
What a fab loss huni..,especially as you don't have too much to lose and you had done treats in their too ;)
Well chuffed for ya :D

How did your sister get on?

Omg about the fire alarm...what a nightmare!
Hopefully the treatments helped de-stress you's after that! Lol x

She lost 2lb as well so she is only half a lb off her stone award. She really struggles recently to stick to it so I'm really pleased for her. :)

Yeah the treatments did help relax me and it was lovely and sunny so we chilled out on sun loungers most of the day lol. Won't be doin another one for a while now though. It's a good deal but still pricey!

I haven't used any syns today so now I need to decide if I want to use it on wine or choc cake. I have enough for one or the other lol. What are your treats!?

Aww good for her! :)
How cone she struggles...due to work/every day life making it hard to prepare foods etc...or just with the devil on get shoulder dragging her to badness??

Treats tonight were crisps, salted caramel hifi and mini malteser bunny...yum!

What did you go for in the end...wine or chocolate??x

she just struggles to plan as she has 2 kids and a husband who goes to the gym, plays football and is generally lazy at home. So she is constantly trying to keep everything going and doesn't make time for herself really. Plus her job often has her travelling up to Birmingham at short notice so if she doesn't alreayd have lunch stuff in then she has to buy lunch or have what they provide - which is never SW friendly.

I went for wine in the end as there was a nice bottle of white rioja (which is my new fav!) to use up. Was well worth it! In the end one night I had 1/4 of this piece of choc cake for 5 syns and then just chucked the rest out a day or so later - didn't even bother me in the slightest which is very unusual for me! You know how much I love my chocolate!

I had a flexi syn day yesterday as I was going to a bridal catwalk show with my friend and it was awesome. Loads of pretty dresses to look at - plus canapes and gorgeous champagne cocktails. There were loads of goodies given away as well - like nail varnishes, perfume samples and a 200ml bottle of grey goose vodka!!! (Saving that for a special occasion lol). I was really good food wise and only had 2 of the canapes as I had eaten a snack of edemame and some low syn sushi before I went - but my plan to have only one cocktail didn't really work lol. I ended up having three and then we went to the champagne bar in St Pancras station on the way home (so not good syn wise but on the plus side it is another thing ticked off my bucket list!!!)

How is your week going this week? Have you been up to anything exciting?

Aww that's a shame for your sis...real life for so many isn't it...but at least she keeps at it and doesn't just give up completely!

Yesterday sounds fun, did you fall in love with loads??

This week's going good thanks, nowt exciting but counting down the days til I'm off work! Finish in Saturday woo hoo!

Oooh well done on ditching the cake!!! You deserve another 4 off just for that! ;) lol

Have you tried those walkers pops crisps? 4 syns a bag from the multipack and they're quite good! I got some yesterday on offer in sainsburys

Weigh in for me tomorrow, dunno what to expect! I'd like 1.5 to give me my half stone award but better not get too excited!

What you got planned for today?x

I saw some beautiful things but it was all designer stuff so pretty expensive. It did give me a lot of food for thought though so I am starting to get an idea for what I want to look for. Want to go to some more though - it was really good fun! Still got plenty of time as well as I wont need to shop for a dress til next year sometime.

I think I tried the pop chips things once when I was in Starbucks but i guess the multi packs are a bit smaller in size? I liked them as well - what flavour did you go for?

Nothing exciting planned today - i had cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch (small bit of cheese for 3 syns) and a pack of crisps (3) with some fruit. Got a yoghurt to eat later and then I am going to try a tarragon chicken recipe i found on another thread and have that with loads of veggies. So still have 9 syns to use up as well - not that I have any choc treats in at the moment as i am not sure i could restrain myself just yet. Might have a hifi as some syns as i love those! :)

What you got cooking tonight?

Gonna do Big Mac in a bowl tonight I think, attempting a red day and so far so good, got the dentist soon so that'll pass some time and having 1.5 hexb means I should be sorted for a hifi later too ;)

I dunno if the pop chip things are the same as I got? I've seen those in the sw mag...is that what you mean?

I bet you could go crazy for ideas/buying etc...it'll be a challenge to restrain yourself here

How's your fella? Is he working just now?
Not long til your hols now eh x

how was the dentist? I hate going - its so expensive these days!

Yep he is working at the moment - has been pretty busy thankfully so we are slowly putting some money aside for holidays. I know what will happen though - we will leave it too late and then have to just spend our wages lol. Lucky we go on 4th Sept so we will have just been paid but I really want to put a bit aside this month to get us started. Really looking forward to it - just need to lie on a beach and relax!

How is today looking for you? Got some yummy grub in your plan?

that's good he's working, everyone always struggles a bit when it comes to holiday time i guess so it's great that you's are getting something aside - imagine he wasn't working at all!

dentist was ok...a scale and polish was all i got...i hate that tho...i find it really sore :( paid £10.60 for pain...meh! lol

1lb off at WI this morning...again!
so much for my red day yesterday...i hoped it would've been at least 1.5 to give my my 1/2 stone award but ach well...what can i say...it's def coming off slower than when i joined first time but suppose it all adds up!

been out and about all day and took my wee one to mcdonalds for pancakes this morning...i sat there with my fruit and fibre, a nectarine and a diet coke....angelic or what!! lol

we were in mcdonalds last week and i took in a nando's takeaway! lol...i don't even care...it's not like i don't spend money and it keeps me on plan! i'd have told them where to go if they had approached me about it ;)

dunno what's on the menu for tonight, my little one's going away in an hr and my OH won't be back til later...i'm working tomorrow so need to get food stuff sorted for then...i don't work many saturdays and it will be horrendous BUT it's my last shift for a while :D

what you got on today?x

hello! :)

Well done you on the McDonalds - really good idea to take Nandos in lol. I wouldn't have even thought of that!

Had a lovely weekend although yesterday was very off plan! Took my parents for morning coffee somewhere posh and spoke to them about weddingy stuff (like telling them it will def be in Italy!!!!!) It went down ok though so now it is full steam ahead!! :)

WI for me tonight - hoping to STS but after the few bad meals I have had, probably in for a small gain. Hoping not too much to knock me off track though. Would be awesome if I get a small loss. Going to have salad for lunch and then snack on fruit at class. Got some chicken cooked and ready to eat once I get home and will prob just make some SW chips to go with it if I have time when I get in!

What you up to today?

Hey mrs,
How did WI go?

All ok at this end, wasn't well aaaaall day yesterday with the lovely star week so food was iffy, been out all day today (we went to Edinburgh seeing as the festival has started)
Food's not been on plan but not bad choice wise...
Nectarine, yog, banana and a Special K chewy before we left, chicken breast with salad subway sandwich at lunch and a bowl of fruit and fibre and some sushi for dinner...not on plan but def not the worst choices! I said no to Chinese buffet so I'm pleased with myself ;)

Your weekend sounds fun! How many definites have you's got for the wedding so far??x

I lost half a pound. Happy with that as I reckon I prob deserved worse so going to really try for 2 this week. That will give me half a pound to go for my half stone. I have a less busy week and only one meal needs to be off plan so I'm just going to really try. I've bought peaches and nectarines from the fruit man so hopefully I'll be ok!!

We have about 45 people we want to invite out to Italy between us as far as I can work out - we haven't written a list just yet. I booked an appointment with the planners for the day after our holiday in September so once we have met them, we will need to sort out save the dates and finalise the list of people we will invite. Bf's mate apparently can do us a deal on printing which is good!

Well done you on your choices at the festival. Doesn't sound too bad at all in my opinion :) what's on the menu tonight?

I lost half a pound. Happy with that as I reckon I prob deserved worse so going to really try for 2 this week. That will give me half a pound to go for my half stone. I have a less busy week and only one meal needs to be off plan so I'm just going to really try. I've bought peaches and nectarines from the fruit man so hopefully I'll be ok!!

We have about 45 people we want to invite out to Italy between us as far as I can work out - we haven't written a list just yet. I booked an appointment with the planners for the day after our holiday in September so once we have met them, we will need to sort out save the dates and finalise the list of people we will invite. Bf's mate apparently can do us a deal on printing which is good!

Well done you on your choices at the festival. Doesn't sound too bad at all in my opinion :) what's on the menu tonight?

aww well done on the loss! just shows you that having the odd day "off plan" might not always be the worst thing in the world! hope i get your luck this week lol
i mean, i said no to chinese buffet so that itself, in my opinion, deserves a loss :giggle:

how exciting with the wedding, 45's a great number to invite....of course the might not all go but even half would be lovely...nice and small and at the end of the day, it's all about you and your fella.... ;)

dunno what's on the menu, i took chinese chicken steaks (from the order i got last week from Joe's sausages) out the freezer the other night so i probably need to use them up. could have them for lunch i suppose...not too sure.

is it steak night for you?
how did your sister get on this week?x

I'm having steak at home tonight as I have one to use up and I'm off round a friends after dinner. I've got fresh green beans to use and I'll prob roast some BNS instead of potato/chips.

My sister stayed the same annoyingly for her. We are both really going for it this week though so hopefully she will get her stone award. Who knows, I might even get my half stone if I try really really hard!! That would be amazing!

Gonna try a meatballs and spaghetti dish tomorrow and not sure about Thursday yet. Fancy some fish with new potatoes and veg so will have to pop to the shops.

Also need to make some freezer food at some point soon - I'll get bored of salad for lunch before long I'm sure lol.

How's your day been?

my day's been ok thanks, ended up with an EE day and had the chinese chicken steaks with sliced potatoes and salad for dinner.

you'll def get that award next week...i'm sure ;)

i've been thinking about a pasta and meatball dish soon too...in the order from joe's sausages, i got some sausage meat and some chilli and garlic grill sticks. i had the chilli and garlic burgers and thought i could've used the grill sticks to make spicy meatballs so that's gonna be on the menu soon i think.

enjoy the catch up with your friend :D x

I've got the mince out for my meatballs tonight. I'm going to try using courgette instead of pasta and see if that fills me up enough - feeling a bit bloated the last couple of days so don't really want pasta with it.

Hopefully there will be enough for lunch tomorrow too. I haven't made a salad for lunch today as I was home late and just fancy a change. I'm going to look up syns online and see what I can treat myself to for a few syns. There is a wasabi near me and they do lovely noodle soup pots that would make a nice change.

What did you go for in the end? For lunch?

I've been up and out early this morning...currently in the cinema with my boy and his pal.
Picking at his popcorn already, I can see how this day might go lol

I know now that I'm off work I'll prob have days here and there that I'm off plan if we're out and about...not too fussed I don't think...it just annoys me that it takes me a week to lose a lb but prob put 5 on without thinks about it lol

Not gonna go nuts, I'm spending the last 2 weeks of the hols with my boy and will be doing what I can with him...if I'm on plan great, if not, I'll try and make the most sensible choices....that's my plan of action...that and also trying to remember that if one meal is off plan, it doesn't mean the whole day needs to be!

How's your weather today? Its absolutely pouring here today :(

Don't suppose you saw that debate on tv last night about Scottish independence? I had to switch it off cos I was getting so angry! I'm undecided and hoped this would give me a better insight...what I saw was 2 politicians who barely answered a question up front, and the man who wants everyone to vote yes but won't tell us what we need to know and instead resorted to infantile comments, snidey remarks or attacked Alastair darling when than give a yes or no answer!

What are your thoughts on it? I see pros and cons for both and really think that we're probably screwed either way!x

Back