Help Needed For Cambridge Diet - Totally Lost!!

You are allowed the berry and orange flavourings after week 1 or week 2 - sorry can't remember which :(.

I personally did not suffer too badly with headaches or tiredness as really cut back on my carbs before I started which helps a lot. However, from what I have read on here and heard from others I know on CD it is not uncommon to have a really nasty headache for the first few days and feel a bit tired. Once you are in ketosis (usually day 2-4) these side-effects should start to ease off.

I personally drink a minimum of 3 litres of water a day and anything over and above this is a bonus - saying that I try to limit myself to 5 litres a day as anything above that and I tend to feel a little woozy which is NOT good.

If you can stick with it for the first week Loobyloo you will not be dissapointed :).

i am not going to quit cos i want this weight loss more than ever! i think i can cope with a headache or two!!
you seem to be doing really well on this! Do you know anybody else who is doing this?
My auntie is doing lighter life but it is more expensive than this!

One of the ladies in my team at work is doing CD SS too and another lady who has just joined our team is coming with me to see my councellor on tuesday to start cd too.

I do count myself as being very lucky as at work I have a cd buddy (soon to be 2 x cd buddies) to keep me motivated and on track and then while at home I have my OH (very supportive and amazed by my loss so far :D) and minimins! Oh and lets not forget my cdc who is fab and very encouraging.

I have been really chuffed with my losses so far - I started on a saturday (a few days after my original cd appt) so my ticker on here is based on my weight in the morning of that first saturday and I update it every saturday morning. My "official" cdc losses are more-or-less in line with my personal record but for weekly motivation I keep my own records too - I am a bit of a nerd and have a spreadsheet and graphs on excel that I update every week to keep me on track :p.

When I started CD 7 weeks ago I did wonder how I would ever manage without food - but after the few weeks it got easier and now I am at a point where I want to lose weight more than I want any kind of food. Food will still be there in 6 months time when, hopefully, I will no longer be overweight!!

Sorry for the lengthy post - I do have the tendency to ramble :rolleyes:

It took me five days to get into ketosis and I felt sick and headachy on the last day but that was all. Not everyone seems to be the same but be prepared to feel uncomfortable just for a few hours. With me it started late afternoon and I went to bed early and was "in the pink" the next morning. As we will all say the first days are the worst, once you are in ketosis and see the weight falling off you will be fine.

Hey Ruth,

You are lucky i dont really have anyone! All my friends are skinny minnies so i am really glad i can talk to someone on here ! I have a few friends who have eating disorders and i want to lose weight healthy as i am not going down that road!
I have recently had a baby and she is th love of my life obviously so is my OH but it is very important for me to do this properly so that i am healthy for my daughter!
My only worry was that i would lose a lot of energy as i have heard people do in the first few weeks! At the moment i am very much in demand with a young baby! Haha the joys of motherhood! :D
Have you got any children?

Hey Claire,

How long have you been on this diet?
I have just booked my wedding for next year so really dont want to be leaving the weight loss till the last minute as i will be stressed enough!
Also i have a young baby like i mentioned before ( sorry i have a tendency to go on about her haha)

Nope - no kids - no yet anyway ;).

I really admire you (and everyone else) who has children and is doing this kind of diet. It is just my OH at home and he is really considerate with food so not to tempt me un-necessarily. But when you have children to cook for it is pretty much un-avoidable!

You seem really motivated about losing weight and CD and that is half the battle. Even though I have people around me doing CD to relate to, like you, I am really grateful for everyone here on minimins.

If you ever need a natter about things and I am online I am happy to chat - I have msn too.

Off to bed now - Mmmm love bed it is my favorite thing now I can't eat :p.

ok nite nite!

think i will start to love my bed too! lol

speak soon

I'm not on CD any more, I only had a couple of stone to lose, seemed a lot to me but not compared with many people here. I did the diet last year, lost 1st10lbs in about 7 weeks then had to stop because of holidays, Christmas etc. Needless to say I have put some back on and am currently trying to lose it "normally". So, word of warning, losing the weight early is a great idea but make certain you keep it off, that is the hardest bit. You should have plenty of time to work up the steps and think hard about how you are going to eat for the rest of your life.
I'm sure you get plenty of exercise with a small baby, make sure you don't get overtired (haha some chance I know). Good luck, it really is a very easy diet once you are in there.

I am starting Cambridge on Saturday and would like to get a ticker. How do I do that? Cheers! Is anyone else starting on Saturday 30th may? X kitt x

mines weekly

Hi - I'm not too far from you - I'm in Shipley and my CDC is great. If you need her details then pm me.

Good luck with the journey

Hi Maya,

Welcome to the minimins forum. Have you posted under "Introductions"?

This thread's last post before yours was dated 2009 -- no one is using it any longer. You might do better by looking a recent postings.

FYI: There is a tutorial link at the top of your page. It will help explain how to do things on this forum.

Once you have posted 50 times (I think) you get more options -- like sending and receiving private messages, being able to give reputation, adding a profile picture, etc.

A good way to rack up postings fast is to play games -- like the "song game" etc. Look under "weight lost forum, entertainment, chit chat or games" to do this. If you go to the initial posting on each thread it should tell you how the game is played.

MinnieMel

Back