Help needed for shopping list

nickiadams

Hi all

I am starting back at SW tonight but need go asda before hand anyone recommend some essentials for my fridge/cupboards?!?

Fruit and veg, muller lights/WW yogs, natural yog, nice lean meat, eggs, cottage cheese, options hot chocolate....they're usually my essentials

Basic herbs and spices are always needed if you plan of cooking meals! I don't eat things like hot chocolate etc.. The main basis of my shopping is meats, crisp breads eggs, Tom purée tinned toms, fry light for Syn free cooking. Rice, pasta tins of beans, pulses and dry forms too. Quorn mince is always great to have in for a quick meal.. Or the Quorn sausages, chicken etc... Porridge oats, frozen mixed fruit is free and great with breakfast, low Syn yogurts.. Millur Greek are 0.5 syns, most other mullers are free.

Good luck x

I would raid the herb & spice aisle & get loads of tinned tomatoes. I buy about 20 a month! Also buy some frozen veg - frozen sliced peppers are a god send. Between my herb & spice racks, my tinned tomato stash, my frozen peppers stash & my pasta stash I can always come up with a meal!

I agree with most of the above, although there don't seem to be any low-Syn treats or anything mentioned (apart from options hot chocolates). For me it's vital having these in, otherwise I'd raid the 'normal' food and go on a binge. Some of the low-Syn snacks I like are:

- Freddo (5 Syns)
- Velvet Crunch (4 Syns)
- Galaxy Flutes (5.5 Syns)
- Pink'n'Whites (2.5 Syns)
- Curly Wurly (6 Syns)
- Cadbury mini Animals, 22g bag (5.5 Syns)
- Alpen Lights (3 Syns each or 2 for a Healthy B)

All of these things are a must for me. I keep them all together in one cupboard which is "my" cupboard - it's got no naughty stuff in there, so I know when I fancy a little something, I can.

Hope this helps x

Princess_Stevie said:
I agree with most of the above, although there don't seem to be any low-Syn treats or anything mentioned (apart from options hot chocolates). For me it's vital having these in, otherwise I'd raid the 'normal' food and go on a binge. Some of the low-Syn snacks I like are:

- Freddo (5 Syns)
- Velvet Crunch (4 Syns)
- Curly Wurly (6 Syns)

All of these things are a must for me. I keep them all together in one cupboard which is "my" cupboard - it's got no naughty stuff in there, so I know when I fancy a little something, I can.

Hope this helps x

I didn't mention them because I don't eat them!! Think we are all different I can do without and fill up with my three meals and fruits ... But wine.. Mmm that's a different matter ;)

Keldelacoe said:
I didn't mention them because I don't eat them!! Think we are all different I can do without and fill up with my three meals and fruits ... But wine.. Mmm that's a different matter ;)

Although I DO like velvet crunch just not much of a sweet tooth :)

Oops, hope that didn't read the wrong way. I wasn't criticising them not being mentioned, I just wanted to mention them because for me, they are my essentials. I know I wouldn't get through the week without them, but like you say, everyone is different :)

- Freddo (5 Syns)
- Velvet Crunch (4 Syns)
- Curly Wurly (6 Syns)

Hope this helps x

I never have any 'normal' naughty stuff in at all. I do have a selection of 6 & 4 syn snacks in at any time. Usually a 6 pack of sunbites or baked walkers crisps as they are 6 & 5 sysn respectively, and also I have light squirty cream and min marshmallows to put on my hot choc- this makes my hot choc 4 syns.

Occassionally, I get rich tea fingers as these are 1 syn each.

Other than that I try to keep my cupboarsd and fridge syn free

I never have any 'normal' naughty stuff in at all. I do have a selection of 6 & 4 syn snacks in at any time. Usually a 6 pack of sunbites or baked walkers crisps as they are 6 & 5 sysn respectively, and also I have light squirty cream and min marshmallows to put on my hot choc- this makes my hot choc 4 syns.

Occassionally, I get rich tea fingers as these are 1 syn each.

Other than that I try to keep my cupboarsd and fridge syn free

I wish we didn't have 'normal' food in, but I live with my parents and my older brother. My parents pretty much eat what I eat now, and I tend to do the cooking, but my brother is what we call a 'fusspot'. He wont eat anything that remotely resembles a fruit or vegetable. In fact, it's amazing he actually eats tomato ketchup! This is why I have to have my own little 'naughty' stash lol :)

Love the idea of rich tea fingers - I am a biscuit fiend so these would be ideal. And the best thing being, for 1 Syn each I could have 15 :eek: :drool: muahaha!

Princess_Stevie said:
Oops, hope that didn't read the wrong way. I wasn't criticising them not being mentioned, I just wanted to mention them because for me, they are my essentials. I know I wouldn't get through the week without them, but like you say, everyone is different :)

Haha no I'm just saying I don't have them in... I eat in my sleep mostly when stressed it is a medical cond honest! I don't know I have eaten it most if the time.. My husband wakes up to me munching in bed! Not done it in a while but it's kicked back in as I'm stressed! But I don't like sweet stuff.. Lucky in one way! I do like crisps though too much and think velvet crunch do hit the spot :))) x

So you could wake up in the morning to find you have already used your syns on velvet crunch in the night. Glad I don't suffer from sleep munchies, bad enough getting random chocolate cravings that I can't control

Oh i forgot, mugshots and batchelors pasta 'n' sauce are another of my essentials.

Baked beans & jacket potatoes. Definitely lots of tinned toms, can't believe how many I'm getting through!

Ally89 said:
So you could wake up in the morning to find you have already used your syns on velvet crunch in the night. Glad I don't suffer from sleep munchies, bad enough getting random chocolate cravings that I can't control

Oh i forgot, mugshots and batchelors pasta 'n' sauce are another of my essentials.

Yes I usually save 5 syns just incase! My husband used to find it amusing not do much anymore ... ESP when he woke up late for an important meeting to find half a mars bar stuck to his back! Grim! Lol

Yes I usually save 5 syns just incase! My husband used to find it amusing not do much anymore ... ESP when he woke up late for an important meeting to find half a mars bar stuck to his back! Grim! Lol

haha, sorry that made me giggle.

Keldelacoe said:

hehe!! my hubby would have consumed the other half lol ;)

abbiewilko said:
hehe!! my hubby would have consumed the other half lol ;)

Melting mars bar peeled from a hairy back is even too much for me ;) lol

My staples that I use loads of since doing SW are tinned tomatoes, eggs and chilli flakes.
Don't forget the spray oil too. Good luck. x

Hi, my essentials are, frozen onions and peppers, mug shots, low fat super noodles, activia fat free yogurt, tinned toms/passatta, alpen lights, bananas, grapes, curry and spag bol oxo cubes, philli light. Then for the sweet stuff ( I have a very big sweet tooth) freddos, pink and whites, sugar free jelly, jubleys, Cadbury flakes and crunchies and yoomoo frozen yoghurt x

Back