Help needed for Success Express day please

UncleJohnBoy

Hello to you all,
I really need to start posting on here as all I have done since becoming a member is just loiter about looking at other people's posts.

Here is my (FIRST) post then.

I lost over 1 1/2 stone at SW but then have put almost all of it back on! I was advised by SW Tracey that I should try the Success Express over a couple of days this week and I have chosen today as one of them.
I had for breakfast a Muller Light yoghurt with raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Thumbs up to that!!
Just wondering how I would go about eating my Sunday roast dinner.
Where do I stand on the meats, vegetables and anything else? I normally have potatoes, swede, parsnips, peas, carrots, brussel sprouts but do not have gravy! What do I serve to me from all this to fill me up?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I am being a nuisance.

Hello to you all,
I really need to start posting on here as all I have done since becoming a member is just loiter about looking at other people's posts.

Here is my (FIRST) post then.

I lost over 1 1/2 stone at SW but then have put almost all of it back on! I was advised by SW Tracey that I should try the Success Express over a couple of days this week and I have chosen today as one of them.
I had for breakfast a Muller Light yoghurt with raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Thumbs up to that!!
Just wondering how I would go about eating my Sunday roast dinner.
Where do I stand on the meats, vegetables and anything else? I normally have potatoes, swede, parsnips, peas, carrots, brussel sprouts but do not have gravy! What do I serve to me from all this to fill me up?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I am being a nuisance.

Parsnips, pots, peas are all free not super free foods. Try having cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels carrots and swede so all super free (and all speed foods too) therefore you have naturally made at least 2/3 of your plate super free. You of course can have a 1/3 of meat/potatoes too.

I haven't done a success express this time round, but long ago (yep I've been fighting that long!) I did, I used to have butternut squash mash, not potatoes ect

good luck

Success express basically goes like this:

meals are 2/3 SF and 1/3 free so reverse from a normal day. Snack on SF only and you can have 1 or 2 of your HE's. Any syns must be taken to have the highest syn value for example if you have low fat super noodles you have to take highest value which is whatever the syn value would be on a red day. So for your roast today you need a third of meat and pots and then 2/3 of your plate needs to be veg

hope this helps :)

Thanks to you both.
I have just written down the day's menu and was just wondering if you could have a look at it and let me know of any problems please?

Here it is:
Breakfast: Mullerlight yoghurt, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
Lunch: 70g chicken (HEB), swede, cabbage, carrots, brussel sprouts, potatoes and parsnips
Dinner: Omelette, 2 eggs, onion, peppers, mushrooms and 30g red Leicester cheese (HEA)

Milk: 250ml semi skimmed (HEA)
Water: 4 or 5 pints
Tea/coffee
2 Hifi Bars (HEB)

Syns
1 x Yorkshire pudding: 2.5 Syns
Apple sauce x 2 tbsp.: 2 Syns
Cranberry sauce x 1 tbsp.: 1.5 Syns
Kit Kat (2 fingers): 5.5 Syns

Well this is it, your opinions to it will be fantastic please

:)

Thanks to you both.
I have just written down the day's menu and was just wondering if you could have a look at it and let me know of any problems please?

Here it is:
Breakfast: Mullerlight yoghurt, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
Lunch: 70g chicken (HEB), swede, cabbage, carrots, brussel sprouts, potatoes and parsnips
Dinner: Omelette, 2 eggs, onion, peppers, mushrooms and 30g red Leicester cheese (HEA)

Milk: 250ml semi skimmed (HEA)
Water: 4 or 5 pints
Tea/coffee
2 Hifi Bars (HEB)

Syns
1 x Yorkshire pudding: 2.5 Syns
Apple sauce x 2 tbsp.: 2 Syns
Cranberry sauce x 1 tbsp.: 1.5 Syns
Kit Kat (2 fingers): 5.5 Syns

Well this is it, your opinions to it will be fantastic please

:)

looks good to me, don't forget to have super free as snacks too, no need to feel hungry on sw :)

I'm actually thinking kitkat yummy! Only 5.5syns! going to make sure I buy them this week hehe

You don't need to use Heb for the chicken because it's a free food. On SE you can mix the free foods from red and green.

Eternity is that correct? Just looking through the book that comes with the book that came in the folder and it specifies that the chicken has to be 70g and as your B choice

That is correct you have free foods (1/3 plate inc chicken) then 2/3 Superfree
2a and 2b choices then syns up to 15 but if they have a higher vaLue on one day you have to use that value

So why does it say that it is the B choice in the book?
It will be free on an original day.

Meat free on SE even if you are doing it on a Green choice??
Why does it say in the book as a B choice for 70g of chicken?

Sorry if being a nuisance but I thought I had it in my head and now??? The chicken side has totally threw me!

I see where the misunderstanding is now. You don't choose green or red on a Success Express day. It was, I suspect, designed to give a boost to the extra easy plan and so, if something is free on extra easy it will be free on SE. Where it differs from EE is in the proportion of Superfree to free foods and in how you count Syns. Whilst many foods - ketchup, crisps etc. - have the same Syn value on all plans, some things don't and in this instance you count the highest Syn value.

OK then Patty, why does it give you a Green choice and an Original choice in the book??

I confess I don't have a Success Express book - only the food optimising book. I've always followed the information on the SE sticky on this forum which starts with details of the plan. It says quite clearly that you can choose free food from the green AND red plans, so if it's free on one of those plans, then it is free on SE. There are menus on the sticky which give ideas. I notice that at least two other people on this thread have also said that the meat is free.

As your consultant has recommended you follow this, then I suggest you contact her and seek clarification.

Last edited:
Thanks Patty. Have been in touch with our Leader and still confused so I have said that after today I will stick to my EE until Thursday at the meeting and I will definitely bring it up with her. We have a lot of people on my comment on FB and they are all stumbled at it too!!

The book is three plans, red, green and se you need to take them as three separate plans

Best way to explain it is ee plan with the free and Superfree reversed so 1/3 free and 2/3 Superfree

I have got it!!!
The Success Express is an Extra Easy Day but you can have 2 HE A and 2 HE B.
You have 2/3 of your plate as SF foods and 1/3 as F foods
Any Syns need working out to be the worse!

Thanks to everyone who tried to help and I did take it all in eventually.
Sorry if I was annoying anyone

Back