Extra Easy Help needed please

TinaRibena123

Hi all, have been to SW since beginning of September and have lost prob about 17 pounds in total - great news! now here's the thing, I (along with my DD and DH) joined full of determination and we are all pleased to see weight falling off us, however my DD and I are veggies and I know I can state on both our behalfs we are getting thoroughly fed up with pasta and rice!!!! (There, I have said it!) Yes I use loads of the recipes from the SW books I have bought at group, but apart from padding recipes out with plain quorn pieces or plain quorn minces my stomach is gonna die of boredom soon. I just long for the days of a good old greasy cheese and onion pasty from the chippy or cheese and pickle in a baguette. I used to live on toast and peanut butter for brekkars and I still crave it, but rather than use my syns up on my first meal, I have decided to rule peanut butter out of my life (and boy, do I miss it). Any other veggies out there with any other options for us please??? :sigh::sigh:

I am vegetarian and do Green days exclusively. Some of the meals I eat on a regular basis:
Shepherd's pie (filling made with green lentils, veg, passata and herbs)
Stuffed peppers (filling made with couscous, spices, onions and chickpeas)
Tofu scramble (loads of recipes online that are easily adapted to SW)
Sausage and Lentil Stew (I use Linda Mac red onion and rosemary sausages)
Baked Marinated Tofu (again, loads of recipes online with lots of different flavours)
Channa Masala (Chickpea curry)
Frittata (use onions and potatoes, top with a Hex A of grated cheese, and it might help satisfy your pasty craving?)

Also, have a look at the recipe section on here - lots of excellent ideas!

Also, I see from the thread title you do Extra Easy. One of the advantages of Green days is you get two Hex A's and two Hex B's. I often use a tbsp of olive oil as my second Hex B - lots of veggie recipes start with frying onion/garlic/veg, and I've found the oil gives an extra depth of flavour that you don't really get with Frylight.

I'm not veggie but I'm not a big meat eater & prefer veggie meals.

So you long for cheese pasty, why don't you see if you can create that SW friendly, syns for pastry aren't so bad, you can use your hexa x2 for the filling, ok it won't be exactly the same but may stop the craving.

Why not have peanut butter, it is high in syns, I was shocked how high it was, well how little you get for your syns.

Veggie meals aren't about just rice & pasta, I agree with above post take a look on here at the recipe sections for ideas, I also go on yummly for ideas, last week I had cranberries to use up so I put that in the search box & found chicken curry with cranberries, so I substituted the chicken for quorn. I did the same for pearl barley & found some really nice recipes.

SW isn't restricting & once you realise most meals can be made SW friendly it makes things easier to follow.

What other stuff do you enjoy eating?

Thank you so much Jo and Michelle for your replies, I suppose I am just getting into a bit of a rut :( On the one hand we all need to carry on as as a family together (tho of course I have to make other meals for my DH) we can see it's working but then..... meh.

I like the sound of the stuffed peppers Jo, that sounds a real doddle - even I should be able to manage that - I have to say on the plus side I do 'proper' cooking from scratch now so we are eating better. Before SW I would prob just do a couple of Quorn Kievs or veggie pies and dish up with plain veg, now I am doing grown up cooking so we should be healthier and I'm sure we are.

I have got the fakeaway recipe book too and was going to do pizza (but the base part turns out to be 6 syns) I would do it, but my DD is fussy and wants as many meals to be syn free as possible, but that's just her, she can't have it all ways - I will give pizza a go though, as prior to SW I was always making them.

I haven't really got my head around transferring to a different plan yet, it took me long enough to understand HEX A and HEX B and how the whole SW process works.

Many thanks

Tina
x

I often make a 'wizza' - using a HexB wrap as the base.

You can make all sorts of lovely vegetable curries using potatoes, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.

Sausage and bean casserole using veggie sausages.

Quorn meatballs in a rich tomato sauce with pasta.

4 bean chilli is my absolute favourite meat free dinner.

If you like things like veggie pies then make some! You could make individual ones and freeze them so you've always got something easy to hand.

There's also risotto, lasagne, bean burgers... It's only as restrictive as you make it :)

You could try pizza made with smash base, there is a recipe on here somewhere for the ingredients, but basically it's smash, egg, water mixed together to form a firm dough, baked in the oven until brown, turn over & add pizza topping & bake in the oven again, it is surprisingly nice.

Thats why mine turned out wrong i never mixed egg into mixture lol x gonna give this a go on tuesday x

You could try pizza made with smash base, there is a recipe on here somewhere for the ingredients, but basically it's smash, egg, water mixed together to form a firm dough, baked in the oven until brown, turn over & add pizza topping & bake in the oven again, it is surprisingly nice.

Remember though is you're using smash in this way you have to syn it as if on a red day its a tweak

You have to syn it on any day. Its not free on any plan when being used as a pizza base - only free if being used as its intended

You have to syn it on any day. Its not free on any plan when being used as a pizza base - only free if being used as its intended

How many syns for entire pizza using smash x

I never use it but have just had a look at SW online. A Smash 88g sachet is 14.5 syns

that's rubbish lol

that's rubbish lol

Lol I know

"They" say its a tweak because you wouldnt eat a full packet of smash but would eat it all as a pizza base and also its made with less water when used as a pizza base so not as filling.

BUT if you're just eating the pizza with a side salad and its not affecting your losses then I wouldnt be too precious about it

Lol I know

"They" say its a tweak because you wouldnt eat a full packet of smash but would eat it all as a pizza base and also its made with less water when used as a pizza base so not as filling.

BUT if you're just eating the pizza with a side salad and its not affecting your losses then I wouldnt be too precious about it

When I make it I make sure the amount of 'base' is no more than I'd eat at meal time, I don't syn it & it doesn't affect my losses, but I don't have it too often either, I think it's all about finding a balance and realising these 'tweaks' are tweaks & not to be done all the time.

One of my favourite veggie meals is the simple eggs, chips and beans. Filing, cheap and free/superfree! Another fave is tofu stirfry with noodles. Quick, cheap, healthy and yummy. Flavour with garlic ginger five spice soy sauce ... Everything In the cupboard goes in and it's amazing. :)

If you haven't used tofu before make sure you get the right kind- firm not silken or silky firm. It's in the fridges, not on the shelf. Google how to squeeze it.

Btw tofu is a complete protein. You may be missing your peanut butter because it, combined with other foods, forms a complete protein. Most vegetarian options need to be combined in this way. Tofu doesn't. Have a look online to See what I mean. I'm not a veggie but tofu is a new fave of mine :)

One of my favourite veggie meals is the simple eggs, chips and beans. Filing, cheap and free/superfree! Another fave is tofu stirfry with noodles. Quick, cheap, healthy and yummy. Flavour with garlic ginger five spice soy sauce ... Everything In the cupboard goes in and it's amazing. :)

If you haven't used tofu before make sure you get the right kind- firm not silken or silky firm. It's in the fridges, not on the shelf. Google how to squeeze it.

Btw tofu is a complete protein. You may be missing your peanut butter because it, combined with other foods, forms a complete protein. Most vegetarian options need to be combined in this way. Tofu doesn't. Have a look online to See what I mean. I'm not a veggie but tofu is a new fave of mine :)

I like the little bit of added info re tofu ;)

Back