Help Needed - Struggling Friend

everchangingme

Hello All

I need your help. Myself and my freind embarked on this journey together just over a week ago we did 1200 for a few days and since Sunday (2 Days) we have been SS. I am not finding it too hard, just yet anyway, but my freind is really struggling. I have tried motivating her and talking to her but I dont think that I am getting anywhere. I know that she is strong enough to do this but im not sure she knows.

If anybody has some inspirational stories, tips, hints or personal struggles they wish to share im sure they may help. We have been freinds since we were three and have been through so much together I just want to make sure as her friend I have tried as much as I physically can to help this journey a little better.

If you can please help!!:cry:

the best thing you can do is get her to come on Minis so she can share the fantastic support that is on here. The before and after thread of inspiration shows how far people have come on the diet, or she could look at some of the diaries to see how far people have come and to realise that its not plain sailing for any of us.

Alternatively, your CDC should be able to give you some motivation. Thats all part of the service you pay for.

Good luck to both of you. THe first week is the hardest if thats any consolation, so if you can both stay strong for the first 7 days then you can get through anything.

Hi everychangingme , does your friend come on this site ? maybe you can get her logged on , and she can read some posts and post ?

Hello chick, have just seen this post dedicated to me :wave_cry: and just wanted to say thank you for thinking of me and posting for advice and also thank you for the chat on the phone!

In addition to that thank you to WannaLose8Stone and Missleo for your kinds words and advice. I will be honest girls I am finding it really hard at the moment. Today is day three of SS-ing and I just feel so crap! I am tired, really hungry, feel sick and lethargic in general so not good! Generally feel like I just :needhug: This morning I was all for giving up and doing Slimming World but after a good chat with EverChangingMe and reading through posts of inspiration on here etc I am determined to keep going! Please tell me that the first week is the hardest :D!!

Thanks again girls, you are stars!! xx

Hello chick, have just seen this post dedicated to me :wave_cry: and just wanted to say thank you for thinking of me and posting for advice and also thank you for the chat on the phone!

In addition to that thank you to WannaLose8Stone and Missleo for your kinds words and advice. I will be honest girls I am finding it really hard at the moment. Today is day three of SS-ing and I just feel so crap! I am tired, really hungry, feel sick and lethargic in general so not good! Generally feel like I just :needhug: This morning I was all for giving up and doing Slimming World but after a good chat with EverChangingMe and reading through posts of inspiration on here etc I am determined to keep going! Please tell me that the first week is the hardest :D!!

Thanks again girls, you are stars!! xx

Hi, The first week is always the hardest, it does get easier. Just focus on why you are doing this and picture the end result. You will feel so pleased with yourself that you have stuck with it. Keep drinking the water that is really important.
Maybe try splitting your packs into 2 and having 6 smaller meals a day, this may help.

((((((hugs))))) to you...you can do this.

Hi Daisy

Week one is definitely the hardest and day 3 and 4 are when many people give up as it just seems so so hard.

Please dont give up. By day 5 or 6 you will start to feel a bit better and by the second week you will be wondering why you found it such a struggle.

You owe it to yourself to at least give it a week. Trust me, you will be so motivated when you see your first weeks weigh in results that it will spur you on to continue.

You are lucky to have such a supportive friend in everchangingme - but she will need your support too. You can do this together.

If you persevere, you will be around 3 stones lighter (and 3 dress sizes smaller) by Christmas. If you give up, you will no doubt be depressed at christmas and have to make another new years resolution to lose weight.

I'll look on my diary and see if I can find the pictures of what a difference two months makes. Hopefully that will spur you on.

Good luck girls. You can do it.

My day three (yesterday) was crap, so i feel for you. I woke up this morning, wasnt hungry, tired and my skin is glowing from all of the water. My saving grace last night was my 1/2 a frozen tetra which i made "ice cream" out of.
Keep going, if i can do it anyone can, and reading minimins everyday makes me want to succeed sooooo much just so that i can show everyone on here what they have done for me!
This place is FULL of inspiring people xxx

To everchangingme and daisydoodah

This was me on day one of the diet, and me on day 60. I lost 3 stones in two months and have lost about another stone since then (although I have really struggled this last week or so.

I have gone from dress size 20+ to 14 in three months.

You can do this too. Just dont give up.

Thanks Sam and Hedgemag, I am so grateful to you both for your words on encouragment. Deep down I know that it is right to stick with it and persevere but at times it is very hard and I just keep thinking that if I feel like this on Day 2 & 3 then how am I ever going to last but I am hoping that soon enough it will just become a way of life and I will ease in to it! This site is fab for motivation and support and you are right Sam, I am very lucky to have EverChangingMe for support and as she said in her original post, we have been through a lot together so I am sure that we can do this! Maybe I just had a wobbly couple of days eh :) xxx

Thank you Blue Grapefruit, it is fab to hear that you felt better on Day 4! I have noticed a difference in my skin already so that is a good thing!!! I am pleased that you are doing well, well done :)

Sam - You look fantastic, you look soooo different, a real inspiration! xxx

if its any help do you enjoy reading?? i found in the evening i get hungry when im bored so i just found reading or doing quizes and puzzles in magazines helped to take my mind off of being hungry

Hi Pulsew, I am trying to keep myself busy in the evening, I have the most styled hair, fab skin and polished toes and fingers as a result ;) But I have just bought three good books too so hopefully they will keep me occupied! Thanks for the tips ;) xxx

Hi Daisy
It is difficult - yes you are totally right BUT it's not impossible is it, we can do it! IF the first few days are the worst and you're a couple of days in then surely it MUST get better????
You dont need me to tell you that to achieve something spectacular you must take action, every action has a consequence. Thus, in short hun if you sole source which is your action the consequence is the pounds are going to drop off :D:D:D:D.
Sending you some inspiration, wrapped up in the post :girlpower:xxx

I just keep thinking that if I feel like this on Day 2 & 3 then how am I ever going to last

But thats just it Daisy. You wont be in ketosis yet. ONce you are the hunger just disappears. I promise! You have to get through these difficult couple of days and then it really is simple. As long as you stick to your packs and keep drinking the water the weight will just melt off you without you feeling hungry at all.

Thank you Twinkle and Sam. I feel so much better for coming on here! Deep down I know that anything worth having isn't easy to get and I guess the same applies to this, at least in the initial stages. I do feel better today than yesterday but still feel really crappy but then I think I can deal with that if it means that in the long run I am going to feel a whole lot better!

Thanks again girls, you have been and are a fabulous support network :) xxx

Hi Daisy
The good thing about coming onto a forum like this is that you can reap the benefit of talking to others who have 'walked the walk' (I'm still walking! ;) ).

It's easy to think that, if you feel this bad after only a couple of days then how on Earth can you do it for months?? However, you now know that feeling rough is just a phase - and a short one at that. At the end of your first week, you'll have a great loss and it'll be such a boost that you'll be SO GLAD you stuck with it.

The gellery is a real inspiration with some fab photos of those who have completed their journey. Below is a link to my photobox (bearing in mind I'm still a way from goal). You don't need to get all the way to goal before you'll notice a real difference (and so will others around you!)

Keep going - it'll be so worth it! :)

Daisy
My words and advice to you is geniunely how I'm feeling or have felt is past 48hrs or so!
I've just had a massive bit of news regarding my work life which is not good BUT instead of using it as an excuse to go to shops to come back armed with STUFF (I wont list the ingredients) so that I can eat, get more upset & stay in the same place mentally that I am & dont like!
NOPE, whats happening with regards to business I have no control over, I can only do what I can - so why do I need to binge, I dont.... Its all about trying to change the thought process which is easier said then done.
I've spent past few days talking to myself in my head like I'm some sort of mental case!!!!!
:cool:xxxx

Daisy if you pop down to your local supermarket and next to the oxo cubes you will find Marigold Bouillion. Its basically a savoury drink and you are allowed a couple of cups a day.

Dont get too excited, its not the tastiest drink in the world, but it really takes the edge off your hunger. It has been my saviour at times on this diet.

Wow Russiandoll you look fantastic, congratulations!! How long have you been doing the CD for if you don't mind me asking? xx

Thanks again Twinkle and Sam.

Twinkle - I am sorry to hear that you have had some bad news re work and you are 100% right in saying that binging won't help, it is just the easy option all the time isn't it and I know that that's what has got me here in the first place so your words ring very true for me! I hope things brighten up for you work wise and well done with sticking with the CD when you are having troubles.

Sam - I will be off to Waitrose later to locate that! Thanks for tip, as ever xxx

Back