HELP NEEDED with VEGETARIAN healthy meal ideas!!

hi ya im on slimming world, me and my partner have recently stopped eating meat, still eating fish and eggs but im now stuck for healthy low syn vegi meal ideas, any help would be great! thank you :)

Quorn if you eat/like it to replace meaty meals

Vegetable curries or spag Bol with lots of chunky veg instead of minced beef.

My sister is a vegetarian and she did great on Sw.

Good luck

Vegetable quiche
cheese, potato & leek bake
baked bean lasagne
vegetable broth
quorn lasagne
quorn bolognese
potato & lentil curry
vegetable stew
vegetable stir fry
tomato & red pepper pasta bake

I hope my ideas above will help you Hun xxx

I am veggie, there are LOADS of options! I find it helpful to think about regular meals but then substituting the meat with quorn or chickpeas/kidney beans/lentils/mixed beans like flagelot, borlotti, cannellini, butter beans, mung beans etc and making use of other grains/carbs such as cous cous, bulgar wheat, quinoa, millet, noodles etc

I know some of these have already been posted but here are my regulars:

eg
*curry with chickpeas [which I had this week, delish] with rice
*curry with lentils [a dahl essentially] with rice
*tomato pasta dish with mixed beans [a fav]
*spag bol with quorn mince *or kidney beans
*veggie pasta back with chicken-style quorn pieces [another fav]
*fajitas with chicken-style quorn pieces [just the pepper/onion/chicken mix with bbq spices, fromage frais/ fresh made tomato salsa & syn the tortilla]
* re above you can also get beef style quorn strips
*good ole sausage and mash with quorn sauages
*burgers made with quorn mince [i put recipe on here last week]
*omelettes with any mixed veg/boiled potatoes in to make a spanish tortilla
*aubergine bake
*vegetable lasagne
*duno what this is called but - roast butternut squash in oven then mash. add 1 tub of quark and 3 whisked eggs, pour into a dish and bake in oven for 30-40 mins. slices like a quiche. serve with salad delish!
*stirfry with noodles and mung beans
*cashew nut stir fry with noodles
*quorn sausage casserole
*roast mediterranean vegetables with cous cous
*couscous with salad/olives/cheese triangles [another fav]
*baked potatoes with any filling - baked beans, cheese, mushy peas, sweetcorn & cheese...

Then you have all your fish options to think about too!

That's all I can think of right now lol

Will post more when I think of them!

Good luck and ENJOY!

Rachael

what I use to eat a lot when I was a veggie doing slimming world was taking a veggie friendly savoury rice, add extra veggies and some soy sauce. Slice the top off two peppers stuff with the rice mixture (add Quorn if you like) and use HxA of mozzarella cheese and bake.

Tastes amazing

I have just tried the syn free Linda Mc veg sausages. Red onion and rosemary x loveliest veg sausages I've ever tasted xxx yummy xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm not vegetarian but I like to do green days, when on a green day I eat a lot of quorn mince. We make bolognaise, shepherds pies and lasagne with the mince and they're all lovey.

I made a great stir fry this evening, mine had chicken in it but you can easily leave that out.
Mix together 8 tbsp of light soy sauce, 4 crushed garlic cloves and 1 inch piece of ginger (which has been grated).
heat this in a saucepan over a high heat until its reduced slightly. Add 8 chopped spring onions and a mix of stirfry veg. (I bought an oriental mix from tesco which worked perfectly). Cook for about 5 mins. While the veg is cooking, cook your noodles for 3-4 mins. Then add the noodles into the veg mix, with 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce. Give it a good stir and heat through for a few more minutes and serve.
If anybody wanted to make this with chicken, you add the chicken pieces to the soy/garlic/ginger mix and marinade in the fridge for 20mins. Then put the chicken and marinade into a pan on a high heat for 4-5mins/until cooked. Then follow the rest of the steps above.

baked mushrooms are always good...get some large porcini or flathead mushrooms. Chop up some onion and garlic (and chilli if you are in the mood for some spice) and fill them up. Top with hexa of cheese and oven bake until the cheese is all melted and yummy. Serve with a nice crisp salad.

I am veggie, there are LOADS of options! I find it helpful to think about regular meals but then substituting the meat with quorn or chickpeas/kidney beans/lentils/mixed beans like flagelot, borlotti, cannellini, butter beans, mung beans etc and making use of other grains/carbs such as cous cous, bulgar wheat, quinoa, millet, noodles etc

I know some of these have already been posted but here are my regulars:

eg
*curry with chickpeas [which I had this week, delish] with rice
*curry with lentils [a dahl essentially] with rice
*tomato pasta dish with mixed beans [a fav]
*spag bol with quorn mince *or kidney beans
*veggie pasta back with chicken-style quorn pieces [another fav]
*fajitas with chicken-style quorn pieces [just the pepper/onion/chicken mix with bbq spices, fromage frais/ fresh made tomato salsa & syn the tortilla]
* re above you can also get beef style quorn strips
*good ole sausage and mash with quorn sauages
*burgers made with quorn mince [i put recipe on here last week]
*omelettes with any mixed veg/boiled potatoes in to make a spanish tortilla
*aubergine bake
*vegetable lasagne
*duno what this is called but - roast butternut squash in oven then mash. add 1 tub of quark and 3 whisked eggs, pour into a dish and bake in oven for 30-40 mins. slices like a quiche. serve with salad delish!
*stirfry with noodles and mung beans
*cashew nut stir fry with noodles
*quorn sausage casserole
*roast mediterranean vegetables with cous cous
*couscous with salad/olives/cheese triangles [another fav]
*baked potatoes with any filling - baked beans, cheese, mushy peas, sweetcorn & cheese...

Then you have all your fish options to think about too!

That's all I can think of right now lol

Will post more when I think of them!

Good luck and ENJOY!

Rachael

Thanks for this !!!! some fab ideas x

Back