Help needed

dietagain

Hi All

sorry if this has been asked before, ive been told by a friend on Cambridge that as i go to the gym 3/4 times a week and do running and spin classes that i should not do the VLVD?
Can slim and save products be used on 1000 cals a day diet plan?
Will i still use weight quickly.

Im finding that at the moment when i have the shakes for 3/4 days then i go off slim and save plan for 1 day i seem to put on weight over night.

So im also thinking if i maybe did 1000 cals a day maybe on gym days.

You can use the Slim and Save products to do a low calorie plan rather than a VLCD. Just replace a couple of meals a day with a slim and save meal instead. You won't lose as quickly but you will lose and be able to do your exercising.

However, I would not swap back and forth between VLCD and 1000 calories. The reason that you put weight on when you go off plan for a day is that you are eating carbs and they are being stored as glycogen in your liver. If you keep doing this then you are going in and out of ketosis. The main fat burning occurs when you are in ketosis (which takes around 5 days) so if you keep coming out of ketosis there doesn't seem much point trying to do a VLCD.

Some people do heavy exercise when on a VLCD - particularly if they exercised a lot before starting. However, it would be best to do very little in the first few weeks and then slowly build back up to where you are now.

Last edited:
Guess you could up the calories by eating protein based meals on top of the S&S packets but try to keep to around 60g of carbs in total per day to remain in ketosis otherwise you'll come out of ketosis and as Weasey says your glycogen stores will refill, hence the weight gain.

Back