Help needed!

chazz27xx

HI everyone!
Today i am starting the slim fast plan. this one is a first for me. I chose this one because it basically controls what i have to eat and drink to follow this plan. i have followed weight watchers slimming world and exante all in the last year and i am still bigger now than i have ever been. i hope thid is going to be the plan for me. So here goes for day 1!
xx

If u stick to the plan u will loose, having to only think about 1 meal is great, there's plenty of support here good luck x

Mind set is everything u gotta be in the right ace mentally to succeed, in my first week I lost 8lb and have lost steadily ever since.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hi there Chazz! I agree with Claire, if your head is in the right place then your body will follow!

I find having 2 meals out of 3 decided for me every day makes life a lot easier - I work full time and also have a small business so I am often just too busy to be deciding on and preparing three healthy meals a day :rolleyes: I lost my first half stone on Slimming World, then lost and gained another on that plan half a stone for six months before I realised that "free foods" weren't for me :eek: so I started SF at the begining of March. I have had reasonable losses every since apart from a couple of small expected gains on holidays/weekends away etc.

I am a VERY slow loser, partly because of my age, the menopause, various meds that I take regularly etc but I am happy with my loses and even happier with the fact that my body fat percentage is also really cranking down now!

Stick to plan, try and get in a bit of exercise too (even if it's only some fast walking to start) and it will come off.

Mcv thats a brilliant loss!
Hi annya. Thanks very much for the welcome. Im glad u find this ok after following other plans it makes me feel much better about my decision to change to this. Im a student and mum of two so planning and cooking everything all the time just wasnt for me also my husband and kuds are fussy eaters so i hated cooking loads of different meals.
So far so good today tho. I have had 2 shakes and some fruit and yoghurt leaving me my main meal and one more snack. I feel really good. Not been too hungry. A wee question for you guys though,is it 600 calories for your evening meal or less. On the bottle of a shake it says 600 but i have read a couple of different posts saying different!
X

It's 600 calories for your meal - and you'd be surprised how much you can have for 600 calories if you chose wisely.

You may have seen folks having more than 600 cals if they have "saved up" a couple of snacks. If you know you are going to have a meal that comes to more than 600 calories you can forego one or more of your snacks and add them to your main meal calorie total.

Your 600 calorie meal can be any meal of the day. Some folks perfer to have their meal at lunchtime and others at dinner. I prefer dinner as then I am fuller for the evening and less likely to want to cupboard graze.

Hope that helps and make sense!

When I have my meal depends really on what I am doing and where I am, I prefere mine in the evening, and I also use one of my snacks as milk for my cuppa T's.
One important thing is to drink plenty of water, this always aids my weight loss x

I agree. Lots of fluids - I personally am not keen on plain water so I have NAS squash instead. At least 2 litres on a regular day and 3 litres on an exercise day.

I just have a bottle hanging round all the time and take a swig every time I spot it - you'd be surprised how quickly you can drink 2 litres!

Last edited:
Ive no problem with drinking water, i have an addiction to sparkling water! Think i might have overdid it with the fruit lastnight, i got pretty hungry but my dinner was only 450 calories so im hopinv it will work out ok. I made my chocolate shake with warm milk this morning, it was lovely. So here goes for day 2!

Back