Help needed !

katsmad64

Hi Every one
Thinking about returning to S W but not sure :0 ! Returned to group in Jan 2013 got 12 week countdown to keep me motivated lost 3lbs 1st week gained 1/2 lb the next then totally lost the plot basically loosing the gaining the same 1lb for weeks ! Then couldn't make group for a fews weeks and now my countdown has ended not sure if I should return to group or not. I just dont seem to have much faith in the diet as it hasn't really worked for me as it seems to for others. Really wanted to loose the weight this year as I'm not getting any younger and really need to loose weight for health reasons as on HRT and am obese ! Not good for strokes and heart conditions .
Any advice would be great thanks x

I think SW does work for most people if you follow the plan correctly. So that means eating 1/3 superfree at every meal, having your Healthy Extras (and weighing/measuring them), stopping eating when you are full and having 5-15 syns daily. Were you honestly doing all of these things while on SW? If you weren't, give yourself a few weeks where you're 100% on plan and see what happens. SW is also designed so that you lose weight at a moderate pace of 1-2 lbs a week so it's not realistic to expect to lose 3lbs every week unfortunately. If you were doing all of that and the weight wasn't shifting, you could try one of the other SW plans. So if you were doing EE, try some Green or Red days and see if that helps. Some people need a little more structure than EE provides. Personally, I started off on EE but mostly do Green days now.

Good luck!

I totally agree with what alwayssunshine says but one thing I think she has missed off is the importance of exercise within the plan. I've noticed a bit of a trend that seems to develop with those who don't think the plan is working for them and that is usually that they aren't really incorporating much if any exercise into it. The fact of the matter is eating to the plan will result in weight loss but only limited amounts. If you involve some exercise too it increases the results by a lot! I guarantee if you start the plan again and do some steady exercise the results will speak for themselves ;).

I totally agree with what alwayssunshine says but one thing I think she has missed off is the importance of exercise within the plan. I've noticed a bit of a trend that seems to develop with those who don't think the plan is working for them and that is usually that they aren't really incorporating much if any exercise into it. The fact of the matter is eating to the plan will result in weight loss but only limited amounts. If you involve some exercise too it increases the results by a lot! I guarantee if you start the plan again and do some steady exercise the results will speak for themselves ;).

Very true, Chris! Thanks for the reminder :) I'm currently working towards my Silver Body magic award and, for me, exercise is key. It not only speeds up my weight loss but means that I feel more energised as well as fitter. I couldn't do SW without exercise. It's one of the tools of a healthy lifestyle and keeping weight off long term.

Very true, Chris! Thanks for the reminder :) I'm currently working towards my Silver Body magic award and, for me, exercise is key. It not only speeds up my weight loss but means that I feel more energised as well as fitter. I couldn't do SW without exercise. It's one of the tools of a healthy lifestyle and keeping weight off long term.

I couldn't agree with you anymore. I've found that since really putting in the exercise in my energy has also increased and it has a positive effect on my SW eating plan because it means I have more energy to prepare meals and cook from scratch. Another great benefit the exercise gives you over just eating with the SW plan is that it will tone your body up far quicker and that will also help increase your motivation.

Finally managed to get to a group and so glad I did ( even heavier than I thought ) . Thanks for your advice and although it's only day one I am feeling more positive and ready to losse this weight . I now accept it may take me some time but feel happier that I'm doing something about it and following a sensible plan which I'm sure I can stick to . I like the fact that not everything needs to be counted as I've never been very good with counting every thing I eat as with SW there are lots of free foods. I am doing a food diary though then I'll be able to keep track of what I am eating .

Dont give in!
Re-read the books & try again, I had high blood pressure, had 2 strokes, high cholesterol with a high sugar count. Now my blood pressure, cholesterol & sugar count are now normal, My pill count has gone from 12 tables a day to 4! I've lost almost 7 stone & feel great & would recommend SW to anyone........(also i'm 66 years old)
Pete

Back