Help - newbie and confused!

flutterbyuk25

Hello

Sorry there are probably millions of similar threads like mine but I need some help! :sigh:

I'm starting WW tomorrow and need to make a meal plan/shopping list - aiming to go shopping today if possible! I'm switchign from SW, and I'm jet-lagged as got back from Bahamas yday so brain not working properly!

I am vegetarian, don't have time to cook breakfast so need something easy to prep, take lunch to work (hot or cold options), love to cook - always from scratch.

The main issue this month is that I'm on the poor side til until I get paid on 21st. I have lots of storecupboard basics (tinned toms, different beans, pasta/rice etc) so just need a few basics like fresh stuff.

I am online member and have the class starter pack too.

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Cheers :D

Plenty of fruit and veg for a start as its 0 propoints. (apart from a couple which im sure someone else will fill in) Diet juice if you drink it and anything else you fancy really. Veg soup is quite good if you use 0 veg, useful to take to work for reheating too.

Any idea how many pp your going to have daily? Would make it a bit easier to help :)

Thanks for your reply.

I'm on 46pp a daily so quite generous! I've had 36 today and am already stuffed!

Are there any 0pp/low pps foods that are good to grab whilst on the go, like cereal bars, packet soups (although I prefer to make my own). It would be useful to have a stock of stuff in work for when i get peckish. On SW I used to have Mugshots etc.

Hey fellow veggie, I started 3 wks ago, down 6.5 so far! (also went from 36 to 34pp allowance!)

I find some of the cereal bars high for how filling they are so I try not to have them. I think the special k ones are about 2pp (though I may be corrected on that) I find yogurts and fruit pretty good, I like the Alpro as well they seem to be good value for points! Plus you can take them to work pretty easily. Porridge is great & filling but I find it very time consuming.
What feels like total breakfast indulgence is stoneground whole wheat bread & a little pot of the Philadelphia with cadburys chocolate in it. Love it. Weekend breakfasts mean eggs (free range of course).

Stock up on fruit veg & Quorn! Marks have some brilliant ready meals as well. I got this amazing tin of curry from a healthfood shop which is 7 points for the full tin & is so delish. I think the brand is free&easy. I've been making my own oil-free hummus which is pretty simple if you've got a blender & easy to bring a little pot of it to work.

I find it can be quite tough as a veggie, especially eating out because everything seems to have cheese in it!!
Good luck!

Hi Flutterbyuk I joined this evening and start 2 mrw and Im from Llanelli too fancy buddying up? Nic x

Im new on this so cant send u any private messages or even accept ur friendship on here! is that correct?

How are you finding the diet so far?

I guess that must be correct cos I tried to PM you and it failed!

I'm enjoying WW so far, but I am struggling to actually have my full points allowance per day. Yday I only had 36, and today I'm on the same. Feels wrong to eat so much!!

Wherabouts in Llanelli ru? I'm in Dafen. Do you go to class?

Im on 31 points and thinking hmmm is it going to be enough lol

Im near the police station in town and went to tonight's class in the leisure centre and really really wanna join the gym hmmmm U fancy joining with me lol

U on facebook or something?

I do WW online. I work very close to there. I used to go to the gym in leisure centre, I liked it, but I'm not allowed to exercise at moment on medical grounds :( but I've just acquired a cross trainer machine from my aunt so am going to give that a go if I get Drs approval this week.

Yep on FB but don't want to give my details on public forum :s but I guess I can delete them straight away once you've got them?

well looks like im gonna have to get posting as I have just noticed I need 50 threads to do anything lol and duh ye forgot about the public profile thing there lol
Im only going to go to class for a few weeks actually she was quite boring and not that motivational, so will just stick to doing it at home if I can carry on for the next few weeks lol

God knows what Im gonna eat 2 mrw aint been shopping hahaha

Shame about the gym thing tho Im dying to get in there but I know I wont really like going on my own lol

The gym isn't scary honest. Go on a sat or sun morning, early-ish and it will be nice and quiet so you can get a feel for it. I never even noticed anyone in the gym cos I would just put my headphones in and listen to music or watch tv and tune out the world!

ooooo but I know Im gonna sweat like a pig pmsl

I lost 6 stone on cambridge diet kept it off for a year and slowly went back to eating takeaways again put back on 4 why oh why did I do it arghhhhh
This time I want to learn what do eat and not just live on 420 cals a day

Decided in the end to not do ww, I used to do cambridge but too expensive for me at the mo so I just placed an order on Exante so will see how I go on that I need to shift my excess weight asap lol.
Hows things with you going?

Ah thats a shame,w as looking forward to having a local ww buddy! but hope the other one works for you. I'm doing ok so far, hoping I've lost something lol! And hoping I don't ruin it on Sat when we win the Grand Slam :)

Ah thats a shame,w as looking forward to having a local ww buddy! but hope the other one works for you. I'm doing ok so far, hoping I've lost something lol! And hoping I don't ruin it on Sat when we win the Grand Slam :)

STAY AWAY FROM THE BAD STUFF TODAY :p:p:p:p:p:p
I know were gonna win today and I will be celebrating with a shake lol x

Back