help!!! newbie

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pickledonionuk, 25 October 2009 Social URL.

1. pickledonionuk

pickledonionuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    how do you all stick to this diet?? im only on day 3 and im so frustrated. have u seen how much 28g of muesli is? it seems this diet is only good if you can cook from scratch every meal. and what is oat/scan bran? please help me. im my book there doesnt seem to be any help on any of the food i eat. for example tinned bolognase sauce so i chucked it and just had pasta with 28g cheese.:cry:

what am i doing wrong?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    There are plenty of ready made options which assist us all doing SW, but your life will be a lot easier doing this plan if you do cook from scratch.

Give it a go and you will realise that not only is it easier to eat substantially more than pre-cooked, it is also healthier, more nutritious and cheaper.

28g of museli is not much, but when coupled with syn free eggs, sausages, beans, bacon and mushrooms or unlimited fruit, pancakes and yoghurt, you will soon learn to love it.

Good luck

xxxx

4. raquel

raquel pink lady

Start Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Current Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    w/w
    try adding fruit to your breakfast, it bulks it out and makes it more interesting,

5. toofatkat

toofatkat Not such a fat kat now :)

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10.5lb(30.09%)
    Diet:
    low fat calorie counting with slimming world influences
    It's definately better to cook from scratch whether you are on SW or not even on a diet but if you eat tinned ready made stuff then buy the directory from your group. Its got practically every item in a supermarket and the syn value or not. You can also but the branded free foods book as well both are excellent.

6. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    TINNED bolognese sauce? What did that set you back? More than a 30p tin of passata or tinned chopped tomatoes with herbs i'm sure.

And yeah 28g of muesli isn't much, that's why you put it in a tub of vanilla muller light with a chopped up apple and a banana.

Or have you seen how much 28g of puffed wheat is? It almost fills a pint glass, and if you put Splenda on it, hey presto, Sugar Puffs!

read your book and enlighten yourself. Literally.

PS Scan/Oat bran is a crispbread available from your class. it's a bit tasteless, i'd go for Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread instead. it's on offer 2 packs for a pound in tesco at the minute. You can have 6 as a HEb.

7. pickledonionuk

pickledonionuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks to everyone who replied. gonna buy this directory book, i think that because im used to WW i find it quite difficult. also i have PMT so apologies to all as well

8. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    where can you get puffed wheat from?
    A good breakfast on a green day (if you don't like porridge like me) is cooked pudding rice mixed with a muller light with the matching fruit (to the yoghurt) is good hot or cold and keeps you full for hours!

9. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was like you when I started last year. I didn't cook and couldn't really work out what to eat...but now I cook stuff (easy stuff) and we eat well.
    Instead of muesli, why not have 2 weetabix (one HE b) or, have your muesli with some fruit as well.
    As for pasta with cheese on - that one of my fave comfort foods lol

What do you like to eat, maybe we can helop you to prepare the SW versions?

10. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Hello! Can see that I'm going to love this board - have just started at SW and just reading through the threads and already picked up loads of handy hints and tips, thanks xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.