Help on protein & veg weights please

straykat

Hi

it's my first day today and I've been trying to find out if the 100g protein and the 200g veg is pre-cooked or cooked weight and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere??
Only asking because with certain meats/fish and certain veg the pre-cooked weight is very different from the weight it is once cooked.

many thanks

kat

Its cooked weight of both.

Good luck

I keep seeing people say it's cooked weight but where does it say that? I've not seen it written anywhere. To be honest, I think it's far easier to go by uncooked weight so that's what I treat it as. If I'm cooking, for example, mushrooms how do I know how much weight of mushrooms I need to use for it to be 200g cooked? I don't, I'd end up over or under so it's easier to just go by uncooked weight. Might end up being a little less than I could have but that doesn't really hurt, it's plenty anyway.

It is cooked weight - Slim and Save have advised in the past. I always used uncooked weight though as it's easier.

Thanks all, yes I agree that uncooked is a lot easier to work out unless you are cooking something in bulk for everyone

What I do is start with about 225g raw weight, I normally find that by the time it's cooked it comes out at 200g ish.

225g of what though? Mushrooms will lose more water and therefore weight once cooked than say... turnip. It's really difficult to guess what weight each veg will be before cooking compared to after, that's why I just go pre-cooked weight. Far more simple.

Back