help please cos I'm new here

buddhacat

hiya everyone,

I have just joined SW again after 10 years and I was looking for the recipe for corned beef quiche which was free on a red day. Now I have read that it is no longer free ......... :wave_cry: how come and can anybody tell me how many syns it is please.

thanks
buddhacat

I don't know why but lean corned beef used to be free & now it is sins - thats all you have to account for. The eggs and cottage cheese are still free. 100g of lean corned beef is 2 sins on a red day, so just work it out depending on how much of that you have.

My consultant told us that corned beef is no longer free because of the salt content and SW use government guide lines for food content, salt, fat, sugar, etc... so we don't overdo our salt consumption they have made it have syns. Hope this helps hun. As HollyM says its not that high in syns so you can still have it and if you still lose weight with it then it will be ok. xxx

Thanks HollyM and Loobylou - I used to make a huge quiche and get through it in a couple of days (with the help of my kids) but now I'll just make a small one and count it in my daily syns.

Thanks again and well done to both of you on your weight losses. I will be going to my meeting in about an hours time so I will make a tracker and post it on here for my own encourgment.

buddhacat

Can someone please put the recipe for this quiche on here? This sounds like something I would like to try!

Thanks Gem

Hi Gem - this is the recipe I always used from my old SW days when it was free food.

Tin of corned beef
chopped onion
low fat cottage cheese
mixed herbs
3 eggs

mix the onion with the corned beef and press down into a flan dish. Beat 3 eggs into a dish, add the cottage cheese and some mixed herbs. Pour the mixture over the corned beef and bake in the oven, about 200C, for about 30 mins.

leave to cool and then enjoy. It will keep for 2 - 3 days in the fridge.

Happy baking

Buddhacat

Hiya J

I use a big tub - I think its about 300g and the bigger tin of corned beef. But if you just want to try it to see if you like it (and less syn value :)) use a small tub of cottage cheese and a small can of corned beef.

Let me know if you like it :)

Buddhacat

Back