help please,,,on day 5 and feel like giving up

schmocken

Hi all

first,, respect to all of u out there doing this and getting through it,, im well impressed.

im on day 5 and im struggling bad at the moment :cry
feeling ever so dissapointed with myself that i feel i cant do more,,,at the moment im thinking that a 10 mile run would be better than this!!!
I only need to be on this diet for about 2-3 weeks,,,and when i look at all you guys being on for so long,,it just seems impossible, and i feel even more dissapointed with myself that i cant even do a week!!!

its such a short period out of my life!!! so why do i feel like i cant do it,,,
feeling like i dont actually want to do it,,, argh,,and then yet again, feel so disapointed that i cant do this for myself.

Sorry about the rant,,,
some magical advice would be so much appreciated.

Cheers, Ingrid

you will feel like this for sure, but stick at it! in 2 more days you will be so glad you did when you have your weigh in. You may only be reaching ketosis.. and usually it happens around day 3-5.. so it you stop now.. your body only had a day or so to burn the fat.. 2 more days will make such a big difference, and wen you see the results it will spur you on to the next week. Honestly. If i could do it any1 can.. i give up on everything i ever start.. but i wrote down the reason y i felt i needed to do it.. try that.. and go to bed early. you'll feel better tomorro. the food will be horrible and the guilt after is totally not worth it. trust me.. been there!

I had bad day on day 5, ended up it tears telling OH I was a failure and was gonna cave in. After long bath and early night i woke on day 6 feeling much better. Mood swings are quite commonn in first few weeks but tend to go as quickly as they appear xx

yeah bath and early night works wonders x

Ingrid I felt the same for pretty much the 1st week, i know it's tough but when you reach a level of ketosis it's so much easier. Think about how chuffed you will be telling me how much weight you've lost on friday :D

Hang in there it's worth it!

Day 5-6 was a toughie for me too. Seems like the first wk is the hardest, ur body hasnt adjusted 2 ur new intake yet and u dnt have the motivation the first (hopefully successfull) weigh-in gives ya yet but u will get there.
It really does get easier. Im on wk 14 now and it has got lots easier, I still have my odd moment of weakness but nothing like the first wk. I spent 4ever logged on here just obsessing the first week :lool:

Back