• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Help Please...which diet?

Deecee66

S: 13st12lb C: 13st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.4 Loss: 0st12lb(6.19%)
Hi All

i am getting myself into a bit of a state as i am desparate to lose weight but having failed with diet pills, slimming world and weight watchers i just dont know what to try next. Does anyone have any tips on which diets work better and are more achievable for someone who falls off the wagon so easily :( i realise its me that has to put a stop to this overeating but i am finding it so difficult. Any advise would be really appreciated. Thank you. I intend to start my diet tomorrow, i have been looking at exante but never tried meal replacement diets before and wondered how easy they were to stay on track.
Dee
x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

MaryMZ

S: 13st6lb C: 13st4.5lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 32 Loss: 0st1.5lb(0.8%)
It's a difficult one. Because different diets suit different people. I've tried quite a few of them over the years. I have decided on weightwatchers this time. Not for the first time. I was going to try Rosemary Conley but there wasn't a class nearby. I'm not one of those folk who say well sticking to the diet was a breeze and the weight just fell off. Ha ha. If only!! But seriously, have a good think about it, and read the threads on the different plans and then think what would be best for me. I'm an emotional eater as well.

S: 12st12lb C: 12st3lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 0st9lb(5%)
Depends on what you like best to eat!

I tried Dukan and got off 5 lbs in 5 days. Fab. But, then got stuck. I have gone back to good old GI which suits me as I love, veg, salad and fruit. Also, I don't like sweet things including chocolate. I do have it once in a blue moon but it's rare.

As the others have said take a look and see what suits. I am happy with GI eating but it might not suit you.

ellenwillbeskinny

I need chocolate now!!!
S: 12st9lb C: 11st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 1st6lb(11.3%)
Hi Dee, the problem is not the diet you choose but your relationship with food. I have a problem relationship with food too. I am on ww which is a very good diet plan but any diet where you consume less calories than you expend will make you lose weight. At the moment I am reading the Beck Diet Solution which uses cognitive behavioural therapy to help you 'fix' your problems with food, I would recommend this book to you. Emotional eating can be overcome.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Deecee66

Thank you all for the advice. I am going to look into the exante diet i think but in the mean time i am going to try and just cut down on calorie intake.
I havent been able to find the post on emotional eating, but will keep looking.
Thank you all again. I am hoping that with the support that you get on this forum i might find it more achievable.

Deex

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
S: 25st0lb C: 18st6lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 42.9 Loss: 6st8lb(26.29%)
Hi, it may be worth you visiting www.myfitnesspal.com it's free to sign up and can help you track food, keep to calories limits etc..

Good luck ;)

Deecee66

Thats a great link thank you bunny, i was wondering if there was something out there i could use for tracking the calories.

Thank you

Deex