help please with CD!

i'm pretty sure all the info is on the forums somewhere but a cdc will be along at some point to let you know :)

Thank you Karen! I will ask her for the booklet. it will be very helpful, I am sure... I would be very grateful to you Karen if you can given me the kinds of food and their quantity that I can have on SS+... I am a bit lost here as you can see with my CDC not giving any info on this. You are right - I have to be comfortable and I am paying her!;)

It will be best to ask her for the new booklet , but does she have the new book ? if not shop about for a new CDC and you will get the right info . Also might be able to downlaod one ?

Dear MsJMC,
How can I download the booklet? I have a weird feeling that my CDC will not have the booklet. I haven't seen any with her and with any of the other patients...Can I buy it somewhere? I am not sure if any stores here in Dubai will have it...

As per the booklet, SS+ is either:

(preferred) 4 servings Cambridge plus 200ml skimmed milk

or:

3 CD servings plus a 200cal "green & white" meal.
This is a portion of protein & some green veg. As a basis choose ONE of the following (each is around 150cals):

120g chicken or turkey breast without skin
190g cod, haddock or other white fish
250g steamed tofu
200g quorn
180g tuna in water
225g reduced fat cottage cheese

Then add about 2 tablespoons of any vegetables from the following list:

Asparagus
Cabbage
Celery
Cucumber
Spinach
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Courgette
Lettuce (all kinds)

Do not add salt but you can use calorie free dressings & seasonings. Avoid oil based salad dressings & those containing fat.

hth x

one thing. if you are doing cd in dubai it could be different to the one we are doing here. i know that it's different in some other countries as they have different recommendations on what is healthy.

abz xx

Huh Dubai , is taht where you are , I do know they sell these books on ebay , well they did do unsure if they do now . But maybe another CDC can get you one , now things are different with you being in Dubai , they might not be the same as us yet ? I will have to look see if i can download one if I find the link

do the packs look the same as ours of CD ? are they the same kcals ?

I did go online and do some research:) Yes the packets look the same as you have there... And its the same calories. One sachet is 137kcal. I have the veggie soup and also the tomato soup. We do get the oriental chilli and many shakes and the choco bars. I like the fact that I can add some food on the ss+ which will be easier for a lot of us. I wonder why my CDC never gave us all this info and the booklet. I will check the link that you posted and let you know. I don't think there is any other CDC in Dubai:sigh:. As you said not many people know of this diet but I am glad that I have something that is working... Thanks a lot for writing in and especially what I can eat! That will help me keep sane:) God bless you gals!

Your welcome ! As long as you are happy and losing ! How much does she charge you , and what different shakes and bars do they have ?

There are many shakes though I am not a big fan of them... there is cappucino, almond&walnut(i think), fruits of the forrest, butterscotch, chocolate, vanilla.. then we have the chocolate bars, the peanut and caramel bars - I have used only these two at the moment... For a whole weeks (7 days) supply of CD products it comes to $68.60/- approx. I like the soups as I am more into hot drinks... I am quiet happy with the diet just that the ss was too restrictive. I have a question though - can we have nuts like almonds?

No nuts no

They say with the bars , no bars for two weeks , so really its shakes or the ready made shake they are chocolate velvet and banana bliss which out of the freezer are nice . then after two weeks bars and only one aday which is what cambridge say but I sometimes have two bars and still get good losses in the past , Its if you want to follow it to the rule they also do flavour drink flavouring which is summer fruits ans sunshine orange , and veg one , plus a new tetra briks is coming out strawberry , not till sept thats the ready made shake

so no nuts, huh? I do snack once in a while on a few almonds when my cravings are really bad... I will have to give it up! :( But thank you for all the info. I am on the ss+ now .. I even got myself a food weigher so I am sure to eat only what is allowed... Yesterday I had grilled chicken (150gms) and some broccoli and asparagus... it was nice to chew on something:)

Won't be forever , yes I love nuts too . You should do well ! how are you finding ss+

Hi Remia, its so hard keeping on track i know!

Just try to stay away from the nuts, they were one of my downfalls, cashew nuts, ate them by the bucket loads - lol

It sounds harsh but for me if I'm feeling a little prone to temptation I take a good look at myself in the mirror and think of a few people in particular at work that are unkind about my weight, I think of seeing the look on their face when the weight drops of and how satisfied I'll feel as at times its very hard.

A quick reality check does the trick for me.

Sticking to the diet 100% takes away all the hassle of dealing with food management for the initial months, remember eating whilst on the SS or SS+ will make it harder, more so than enduring this period of hardship.

Keep going strong and if you feel your cdc is not good enough, well theres is this excellent place where we'll all be rooting for ya!!
Good luck
x

Thanks MsJMC and Martin for your feedback. You have no idea how great you guys are!! I was stuck in a rut for a while. I find ss+ very convenient and helpful to stay focused. I have 1 sachet for breakfast for lunch I have half a sachet and some grilled chicken and boiled veggies staying in the 200kcal range. I have the rest of the opened sachet some time in the evening and another sachet for dinner... So it's just working so well. I thank YOU for telling me to stay off the nuts - I know they are major no no!!! You know Martin, I am able to stay on the diet when I am ss+ing because on ss I was not able to control myself and felt very tired... It's also got to do with that I work and have to cook dinners for my hubby and child... But now it's really going smooth and I can see how a few people around me are going to look when I can fit into a sixe 12!!! I relate to you pal 100%! Best of luck to all of us!:)

Back