Help Please

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me.

I joined slimming world three weeks ago.

The first week I put on 2lb, the 2nd week I put on 3lb and last week I put on 5lb.

This left me devastated :cry:

I really did feel like giving up.

I was hoping to get some advice.

I spoke to my consultant although she was very sweet and lovely, she did not really help me.

For breakfast everyday I have been having 2 weetabix (healthy b) with skimmed milke (healthy a - measured)

For Lunch I have been having jacket potatoes with either bakes beans or salad

I also have mixed fruit salad which I make myself. It consists of strawberries, raspberries, black currants and red currents, apples and oranges.

Dinner normally consists of chicken in mushroom sauce which is homemade (got the recipe off here)
Fish in parsley sauce (homemade got recipe off here too) with homemade chips
Spaghetti bolanase (recipe from slimming world)
chicken casserole
Liver and mash

All meals I have 1/3 superfoods

All my syns are either used on cornflour, yorkshire pudding. I normally have 5 syns a day.

I really dont know what else to do...

Any advice would be great :)

ps I have not given up yet!

that has to b frustratin.have u been followin a different diwt before slimmin world ? sometimes it takes our bodies a few weeks to adjust to a new way of eatin

Sorry to hear you have gained weight in all the three weeks..looking at your foodage i cant really see why that is :confused:....how much water,free drinks do you drink a day :confused:

It could be that you're not eating enough. Try increasing your syns to at least 10 per day and drinking more water.

Sorry to hear you have gained weight in all the three weeks..looking at your foodage i cant really see why that is :confused:....how much water,free drinks do you drink a day :confused:

I drink 3 litres of water everyday

I have 1 cup of coffee in the morning made with skimmed week from my allowance (healthy a)

I'm a little confused. You say you are eating 1/3rd of each meal as super free foods, but you list meals for breakfast & lunch which include no super free at all. You need 1/3rd of every meal to be super free foods. Super free is all fruit & veg except starchy eg like potatoes, parsnips, peas & sweetcorn.

Where you following another diet plan before you started SW?

It could be that you're not eating enough. Try increasing your syns to at least 10 per day and drinking more water.

Trust me I am eating plenty. I have tried to increase my syns but its difficult, the only syns I could think of is a glass of wine maybe ?

I gave up alcohol to help speed the weight loss

I'm a little confused. You say you are eating 1/3rd of each meal as super free foods, but you list meals for breakfast & lunch which include no super free at all. You need 1/3rd of every meal to be super free foods. Super free is all fruit & veg except starchy eg like potatoes, parsnips, peas & sweetcorn.
Where you following another diet plan before you started SW?

Just the see food diet....

I am having 1/3 superfree food with every meal.

I have weetabix with tons of fruit salad

Lunch is jacket with salad like lettuce, tomatoes & cucumber plus more fruit salad.

Dinner is always full of of veggies

Can I ask how much you weigh, roughly? Or if you dont want to say, how much do you have to lose? And you werent on any other weight loss plan before this?

It does seem illogical to be gaining if that is what youre eating, but as Kingleds says youre not having *ANY* superfree with your breakfast and lunch and this is essential, as is eating at least 5 syns a day.

How are you cooking your recipes? You're not using oil or sugar or anything in them? How big are your portions? You should be eating until you're satisfied (no longer hungry), not just eating for the sake of it - conversely make sure you're eating *enough*.

Youre not having any chocolate, wine snacks or anything else that you havent written down?

Might be better if you wrote a more detailed diary of *exactly* what youre eating every day?

SW do often a money back guarantee if you dont lose.

Last thing - you couldn't be pregnant or something? If you keep gaining like this despite being 100% on plan you should probably see your doctor, just to make sure everything else is fine too, but if you stick to the plan 100% it does work x :)

HI,
I've had a look at your list. I can't really see anything too bad. My problems are bread & potatoes. Maybe a smaller potato? With your syns you can add a little extra as part of your meal. I had a chicken tonight mild curry sauce the other night, split into 4 portions & it worked out as 3 1/2 syns. Or maybe you have a sweet tooth like me perhaps? What I do is buy things like the flyte bars as they are split into 2 bars in a pack, or bounty (bounty twin bar is 13 1/2 syns, so I share it with my mother, that way I can have my choccy & not feels so guilty)

Do you mind me asking what weight/size you are now?

Could it be that there is an underlying health problem- are you taking any medication?

It is unusual for you to have put on in three consecutive weeks, although I'm sure you are not the first. Has your C asked for your food diaries?

Sorry- posted this at the same time as Erms x

Lunch is jacket with salad like lettuce, tomatoes & cucumber plus more fruit salad.

The point in the superfree is to reduce the amount of NON-superfree you eat, its not something to have *as well as* the rest of your meal. How big are your portions? The idea is to fill at least 1/3 of your plate with superfree so there is less space to fit Free food (meat, potatoes etc) and syns. Maybe try having a smaller potato at lunch and less meat, potatoes etc at teatime?

"Tons" of fruit salad for breakfast may well be too much, like I say youre supposed to eat *until you're satisfied*, not just for the sake of eating. You should only be eating when you're hungry. Maybe even skip the Weetabix and have fruit with a fat free yoghurt?

Its a bit tricky to advise without being able to see what youre eating, maybe you could take pictures and post them in a food diary?

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me.

I joined slimming world three weeks ago.

The first week I put on 2lb, the 2nd week I put on 3lb and last week I put on 5lb.

This left me devastated :cry:

I really did feel like giving up.

I was hoping to get some advice.

I spoke to my consultant although she was very sweet and lovely, she did not really help me.

For breakfast everyday I have been having 2 weetabix (healthy b) with skimmed milke (healthy a - measured)

For Lunch I have been having jacket potatoes with either bakes beans or salad

I also have mixed fruit salad which I make myself. It consists of strawberries, raspberries, black currants and red currents, apples and oranges.

Dinner normally consists of chicken in mushroom sauce which is homemade (got the recipe off here)
Fish in parsley sauce (homemade got recipe off here too) with homemade chips
Spaghetti bolanase (recipe from slimming world)
chicken casserole
Liver and mash

All meals I have 1/3 superfoods

All my syns are either used on cornflour, yorkshire pudding. I normally have 5 syns a day.

I really dont know what else to do...

Any advice would be great :)

ps I have not given up yet!

I am really sorry to hear that you have gained rather than losing the weight.

Even if your consumption of food was not enough, you should have stayed the same rather than gaining. 10lbs gain in 3 weeks a bit odd.

Have you thought about visiting your GP. He/she can run various tests and provide explanation. Is it possible that you are pregenant (sorry).

Please let us know how you get on. Best wishes.

aww sorry not much to add as I am only into my 4th week myself but how annoying. Please dont give up, there are alot of helpful people on here.

stylesclash81 said:

Fair enough - I have no ideas then I'm afraid

Can I ask how much you weigh, roughly? Or if you dont want to say, how much do you have to lose? And you werent on any other weight loss plan before this?

It does seem illogical to be gaining if that is what youre eating, but as Kingleds says youre not having *ANY* superfree with your breakfast and lunch and this is essential, as is eating at least 5 syns a day.

How are you cooking your recipes? You're not using oil or sugar or anything in them? How big are your portions? You should be eating until you're satisfied (no longer hungry), not just eating for the sake of it - conversely make sure you're eating *enough*.

Youre not having any chocolate, wine snacks or anything else that you havent written down?

Might be better if you wrote a more detailed diary of *exactly* what youre eating every day?

SW do often a money back guarantee if you dont lose.

Last thing - you couldn't be pregnant or something? If you keep gaining like this despite being 100% on plan you should probably see your doctor, just to make sure everything else is fine too, but if you stick to the plan 100% it does work x :)

No I have not been on any weight plan.
I weight 16 stone 7 pounds and need to lose about 7 stone

I have been eating my superfree food with all 3 meals

I will try and increase my syns

I cook everything using frylight.

I am not eating chocolate, having snacks, alcohol etc.

I am not pregnant

Have you suffered from any constipation or could your period be due? These can often affect your weight loss but not usually for 3 weeks.

You are a dieting miracle.

Back