Extra Easy Help please :-)

Kingleds wasn't being rude. She was stating that binging, even every now & then, is unhealthy & should never be encouraged.

Besides, if you have an event coming up, that's what flexi days are for! :)

I don't think anyone would agree that saving your points up is a good idea on a regular weekly basis but it's healthy to be a bit flexible and saving them once in a while for special occasions is fine in my book xx

Fightingflab said:
Both weddings are set menus for over 100 people as is traditional where I come from. So no options and mass produced food. And I would rather not be the awkward guest.

My sarcasm was directed at your rudeness.

"in what universe"

Perhaps your smart comments are receiving sarcastic comments!

I don't believe I said anything to deserve such a response, but I do accept that maybe saying 'in what universe' could have been construed as rude. Therefore I apologise for offending you and will rephrase my comment as below

In my opinion it is highly irresponsible to suggest on a slimming forum that binging with any degree of frequency is acceptable. What one person considers a binge others consider a good night out, and conversely someone who has an actual issue with binge eating (as in an eating disorder) could read what was written & think it is acceptable to continue to eat the contents of their fridge on a weekly basis, when it is quite obviously not.

Mrs Pepperpot - agreed that on occasion going out & not worrying too much about it is actually healthy - its what thin people do! As Lisa says, that's what flexi Syns are for.

Tbh I think it is up to the individual. My OH likes to go for a curry every week and I asked my C about using weekly syns to get around this and she said that's fine maybe it's partly coz I know the plan quite well I don't know but my C is the kind of person that, if there was any problem, would ensure you understood the issues with what you are doing and she didn't with the weekly syns thing. I use most of my syns on one evening a week to have either a few pints and a curry or something along those lines.

I manage to do that and lose an average of 1.3lbs a week so it can't be all bad. :)

dreamslim said:
Tbh I think it is up to the individual. My OH likes to go for a curry every week and I asked my C about using weekly syns to get around this and she said that's fine maybe it's partly coz I know the plan quite well I don't know but my C is the kind of person that, if there was any problem, would ensure you understood the issues with what you are doing and she didn't with the weekly syns thing. I use most of my syns on one evening a week to have either a few pints and a curry or something along those lines.

I manage to do that and lose an average of 1.3lbs a week so it can't be all bad. :)

After a number off years struggling with my weight I would deff say saving up to binge is not a good idea I used to binge and purge as I had an eating disorder it will always be in the back of my mind what I used to do but I'm glad I'm taking a more sensible route now I have up to 10 syns a day and what i don't use I lose I try to make better choices when i go out and every now and then I will have a pud it sometimes takes me over my syns but i try not to worry as its not a regular occurrance you just need to ask yourself one question do I want to binge and be fat or make wiser choices and see the new thinner me if its the first then there's no point doing sw because sw is not a diet It's a lifestyle xx

cat yoyo greaves said:
After a number off years struggling with my weight I would deff say saving up to binge is not a good idea I used to binge and purge as I had an eating disorder it will always be in the back of my mind what I used to do but I'm glad I'm taking a more sensible route now I have up to 10 syns a day and what i don't use I lose I try to make better choices when i go out and every now and then I will have a pud it sometimes takes me over my syns but i try not to worry as its not a regular occurrance you just need to ask yourself one question do I want to binge and be fat or make wiser choices and see the new thinner me if its the first then there's no point doing sw because sw is not a diet It's a lifestyle xx

I know a binge is definitely not healthy and sorry if you thought that was what I meant. The op asked if it was ok to carry syns over which is different to having a binge IMO. I still use syns in the day (yesterday had 14 and today only had 5) but I try I keep some for the weekend.

I also agree about making better choices, I have the same thing for a curry every weekend - tandoori mixed grill (max of 9 syns), Shami kebab (1.5 syns), plain rice (free) and a spoonful of something like aloo gobi (1-2 syns), 1-2 poppadom (4 or 8 syns) and a couple of teaspoons of mango chutney and mint dip (4-6 syns) 26.5 syns at its worst and if I fancy or have enough syns left I'll have some half pints of lager (4 syns each).

I'm sorry if you thought I was belittling your eating disorder, I understand that binging is a very serious problem and would never encourage that. The only reason I do weekly syns though is that I was 'flexi' synning every week (using an extra 15 syns once a week) and while I was still losing some weeks it was more difficult to stay motivated coz I was feeling guilty and spending most of my time panicking about weigh in which is also unhealthy as it made me more likely to give up altogether and have things like naan bread (20 syns avg).

I def find the sw forum seems to be a little more unfriendly than ww. Why is it on a diet we get tetchy lol!!

Share the love ladies xx

I def find the sw forum seems to be a little more unfriendly than ww. Why is it on a diet we get tetchy lol!!

Share the love ladies xx

I don't think it's unfriendly. I just think sometimes comments can be easily misunderstood & taken the wrong way :)

Nomes said:

Share the love ladies xx

I hope you don't think I was tetchy?? I defo wasn't. :)

I think sometimes it's hard to put a point across if you feel quite strongly about it in text coz context and tone is difficult.

Thanks for everyones help. I know this has caused some mix up, and a tad of a stir. I personally think my consultant should not have told me i could do this and to be perfectly honest id rather have up to 10 syns anyway as it makes me feel quite good. Knowing i can have a lil treat.

Thank you Ladies :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Starlight said:
The SW section is massive compared to WW. It's only natural the bigger a forum and more members there are there are more likely to be more conflicts

I wouldn't say it was unfriendly though. People just aren't shy in speaking their minds :)

I think sw forum is friendly have had a lot of help and advice I think the thing with sw is its more a lifestyle change so you can't really stick with old habits ww allows you a lot more freedom with eating diff things but once those points are gone they're gone sw promotes a more healthy attitude to food ie eat if your hungry and low cal foods are free so great if you need a snack and 1/3 superfree to get us eating that fruit and Veg more and its a lot more natural than weighing EVERYTHING were all here to help and guide each other not offend and upset were all just sharing our experiences and i thought my eating disorder was relevant as i started "just bingeing" then it progressed I also found ww made my eating probs worse as it made me obsessive about everything xxx

Loving the change of tone ladies! :) as I have noted before, minimins is a great support but I def notice that there can be a lot of tetchy (word of the day lol) comments.

I know that often its not intended to offend but can do- there's enough pain out there in the world. This past year our school lost three pupils to death so I suppose I see the effect of real problems!

Ps this wasn't intended for one person alone- it was a vibe I've been picking up in this forum for a wee while x

cat yoyo greaves said:
I think sw forum is friendly have had a lot of help and advice I think the thing with sw is its more a lifestyle change so you can't really stick with old habits ww allows you a lot more freedom with eating diff things but once those points are gone they're gone sw promotes a more healthy attitude to food ie eat if your hungry and low cal foods are free so great if you need a snack and 1/3 superfree to get us eating that fruit and Veg more and its a lot more natural than weighing EVERYTHING were all here to help and guide each other not offend and upset were all just sharing our experiences and i thought my eating disorder was relevant as i started "just bingeing" then it progressed I also found ww made my eating probs worse as it made me obsessive about everything xxx

It's defo relevant and as you say just a binge is a dangerous road to go down. I hope you understand that I was talking about saving a few syns to be able to have a meal out once a week or a few pints at the pub otherwise I know I wouldn't stick to this. Even before I started weekly syns I didn't used to eat more than 5/10 syns a day but when I went for my curry I would feel guilty and it would ruin the rest of my weekend and I would go over syns so I just think of it as a different thought process. I'm not depriving myself in any way and don't eat any more than a 'normal' meal out but it's what helps keep me on track. I've personally never had a 'problem' with bingeing although I've definitely done it in the past - that is not the case since slimming world. It's changed my attitude to food and I'm hoping that change will be permanent. I just also enjoy a curry and a few pints. :)

Nomes said:

Share the love ladies xx

It is a little more tetchy than normal!!! Im sure it will settle down soon x

Maryannemagpie said:
Thanks for everyones help. I know this has caused some mix up, and a tad of a stir. I personally think my consultant should not have told me i could do this and to be perfectly honest id rather have up to 10 syns anyway as it makes me feel quite good. Knowing i can have a lil treat.

Thank you Ladies :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck hun x

I don't believe I said anything to deserve such a response, but I do accept that maybe saying 'in what universe' could have been construed as rude. Therefore I apologise for offending you and will rephrase my comment as below

In my opinion it is highly irresponsible to suggest on a slimming forum that binging with any degree of frequency is acceptable. What one person considers a binge others consider a good night out, and conversely someone who has an actual issue with binge eating (as in an eating disorder) could read what was written & think it is acceptable to continue to eat the contents of their fridge on a weekly basis, when it is quite obviously not.

Mrs Pepperpot - agreed that on occasion going out & not worrying too much about it is actually healthy - its what thin people do! As Lisa says, that's what flexi Syns are for.

Thank you for apology.

I also would like to apologise for my sarcasm.

I agree with other posters here that we should be here to support each other!

Now I am off to binge.......

On a big bowl of fruit salad :)

Back