Help plz carb question.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by trapped.in.a.fat.persons., 23 April 2008 Social URL.

1. trapped.in.a.fat.persons.

trapped.in.a.fat.persons. Destined 2 be skinny!

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    So i was just wondering why no carbs? What do carbs do that fat doesnt? Its just i had v v v weak moment monday and ate boiled rice with chicken n mushrooms. What damage have i done? Im annoyed. But what harm do people think i will have done? And how can i help myself to try and resolve it if i have done alot of damage. ?????

thanks Danielle. x x x x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Danielle, I suppose the worst thing that has happened for you is that it may (depending on how much rice you had) knock you out of ketosis. I doubt it will do serious damage to your weight loss this week it just might make it harder for a few days till you get back in to ketosis.

On atkins they say you can have 40gs of carbs without effecting ketosis so if you didnt go over that you might still be in it.

Dont feel guilty about now, just concentrate on getting back on track

:)

4. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    oh no... bad girl!!!! lol

carbs kick you out of ketosis

when you starve your body of carbs which are the bodys preferred source of energy you begin to burn your fat stores!

this is why CD results in fast weight loss as you are effectively living off your fat...

be prepared for the horrible 3 days getting back into ketosis if you are unfortunate enough to have been kicked out! some people are more carb-sensitive than others so you may be lucky...

good luck xxx

5. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    mmm hedgehog your right about the 40g BUT have you have your shakes too Danielle?

these contain about 40g carbs..

6. trapped.in.a.fat.persons.

trapped.in.a.fat.persons. Destined 2 be skinny!

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well luckily ive got straight back on, and im on aam week anyway, so been able 2 satisfy any hunger with chick n veg. Just really worried im failing at cd, as i cant seem 2 stick 100%. x x x x

7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Danielle, you're not failing, you are doing so well, it might just be triggered with the aamw, and maybe when you get back to SS next week you'll be more focused

Best of luck....

8. sassey50kg

sassey50kg determined to be thin!

you are def. not failing!
    have you seen your losses?!?
    and to say you dont even stick to it 100%, well thats just showing off!:D.
    Dont throw the baby out with the bathwater, I think you are an inspiration, just keep doing what you r doing, cos its working.

9. chambles

chambles Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    hi i did exactly the same on tuesday had chicken curry with rice it tasted amazing but yesterday straight back on the wagon, you will be fine we are only human,

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.