Help - recipe too sweet, how do I de-sweeten it??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by razzledazzle, 12 August 2009 Social URL.

1. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all

I've just made the BBQ sauce recipe and its really really sweet (I thought I'd followed the recipe correctly and got the amounts right but maybe I'm just a bit sensitive to sweetness) ..... any idea how I can de-sweeten it??

Thanks, J x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LittleMissCupcake

LittleMissCupcake Minimins is the best!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    maybe add some vinegar or lemon jiuce?? that might be rank though!! have you got anymore passata or toms you can add??

4. Abbysmum

Abbysmum Full Member

Was this the one from the Blue sauce receipe book? I made it yesterday and thought exactly the same thing that it was way too sweet, next time I make it it'll definately have less sweetner in it.

5. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Its from the saucy secrets book - is that the same?? I ended up adding more passata and more dry mustard powder and some salt and vinegar! lol

It seems to have gone some way to making it less sweet ........ I'll deffo add less sweetner next time!

Thanks ladies

J x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.