help required please

graciemay

I have remained the same weight now for 2 wks, my leader has told me to try having red days this week, as she thinks that I may be having to much rice and pasta on EE. Ive lost 12lbs so far since the end of july. I dont really eat that much meat, does any one have any ideas as ive never done the red plan? and has any one else been through this? its so upsetting. :cry:

Youve posted this in the Exante section Ill move it to SW for you

I have remained the same weight now for 2 wks, my leader has told me to try having red days this week, as she thinks that I may be having to much rice and pasta on EE. Ive lost 12lbs so far since the end of july. I dont really eat that much meat, does any one have any ideas as ive never done the red plan? and has any one else been through this? its so upsetting. :cry:

Hi graciemay

This happens to me, my bf and my mum. We just need to look at a carb to gain weight! I love pasta, rice and potatoes etc but I know too much of them is bad for me so I like to do a red day then do EE the next, mix it up every day to give my body a surprise! You could do something like that this week and see if it makes a difference. The red plan definitely gives me my biggest losses and I usually have things like stir frys, or if I'm feeling rich a nice steak dinner with grilled prawns, roast veg etc. On EE I usually go for more meat than carbs, so for dinner I'd have lots of mince and veg, and only a scoop of mash.

Good luck! x

Someone said on here the other day about doing a green 'red' day, so using Quorn mince to make a cottage pie with swede and carrot mash topping, or even a completely veggie pie so instead of mince use aubergines, courgettes, mushrooms (if you use closed cup try leaving then whole or halved for a meaty bite), and any other veg and top that with a swede and carrot topping.

Or you could do EE with red carb rules so measure your potatoes or wholewheat pasta?

Do you like fish? Salmon is great on a red day, or other meaty fish like tuna steaka or sea bass ( though expensive)

To be honest, I think it's a little silly of your consultant to tell you to do red days if you don't eat much meat - you'll end up being hungry, and that's not the Slimming World way!

Everyone has plateaus - so chin up! You'll get through it! *hugs*

If I were you, I'd stick with ee and up your superfree. How about trying to make half your plate superfree veg at every meal, rather than a third? That should cut down on your pasta/rice portions as there won't be space for it :D

Agree with wholahoop, I dont eat all that much meat either and I just cram my Green meals with superfree. And that doesnt mean a bunch of veggies on the side :rolleyes: - just making stews, curries, casseroles etc with LOADS of veg in and a load of interesting spices/herbs to make it dofferent and interesting... or having salads, coleslaws etc alongside (NOT boring old green lettuce ones), using interesting veg to dip into things and all sorts of stuff. Roasting veggies to make superfree chips to dip with, make pies with, make mashes and hummuses with! Veggies rock! :D

Aw thanks so much all, sorry for not replying sooner, my laptop went bang... Its the night before my class and Ive done red days all week, which has mostly meant that ive been hungry most of the time, which is soo sad :cry:, Im just waiting to see now. Ive mostly had things like ham salad and chicken and veg for tea. Im loving the idea of mixing EE with red days. Thanks so much all.:553: Please keep your fingers crossed for me, what a week. Good luck all. xx

Back