HELP,run out of shakes, wot do I do???

CarrieS

Can anyone help me? I arranged with pharmacy to go today to pick up this weeks lipotrim but just realised it's a bank holiday and they're closed! Only got one shake for today, will I come out of ketosis if I don't have the full three shakes? What should I do? Are slim fast shakes ok to have??

:break_diet:

No, don't have Slimfast Carrie! As far as I'm aware, Slimfast has quite a lot of carbs, which will throw your Ketosis off.

If it was me, I'd go and buy some eggs and chicken breast, but you should wait until some of the more experienced LT's reply, as they might have some other ideas that have worked for them.

Carrie, same thing happened to me yesterday when my pharmacy decided to close early without telling me !
Are there any other pharmacies near you selling LT which may be open instead, such as in shopping centres ?
You could then show them your LT WI card to prove that you're on the LT programme ?

Can anyone help me? I arranged with pharmacy to go today to pick up this weeks lipotrim but just realised it's a bank holiday and they're closed! Only got one shake for today, will I come out of ketosis if I don't have the full three shakes? What should I do? Are slim fast shakes ok to have??

:break_diet:

Hi not sure if this will help but I know a CDC in Co Durham who I am sure will be more than happy to let you have a few packs to see you through until you can get to the pharmacy. The packs will be compatible and you will stay in ketosis.

If you want her details please email me on [email protected]

Could be a solution for you.

Linda

Carrie, same thing happened to me yesterday when my pharmacy decided to close early without telling me !
Are there any other pharmacies near you selling LT which may be open instead, such as in shopping centres ?
You could then show them your LT WI card to prove that you're on the LT programme ?

Hope you get sorted hun! I used to buy an extra day or two worth when I was on LT - just in case I couldnt get to the chemist....maybe try it......although you should be almost at goal in a few weeks you are doing great!!!

i am in the same position now. i went to the chemist this AM (it opened for one hour) but, being in such a rush to get weighed, I didn't take any shakes away with me. they were just closing when i arrived and i was convinced i had enough til tomorrow... not really sure what to do now.. i have had one shake and have one vanilla left... would i be ok with just the one more today?? julia x

If you can't get hold of any I would just have chicken, turkey or fish then run to the pharmacist first thing. Good luck x

Thanks Sarah-Louise. TBH the thought of actually eating makes me dead nervous, don't know why??? I will go and buy some fish I think and have that. xx

Thanks Sarah-Louise. TBH the thought of actually eating makes me dead nervous, don't know why??? I will go and buy some fish I think and have that. xx

The thought of eating makes me smile.....really want ketosis to kick in b4 i give up.......do you have ne pointers about how to prepare the chicken soup??? x x

i prepare the chix soup by mixing to a paste with a little cold water. i add a little chilli, pepper then top up with boiled water and blitz with one of those 'stick' blenders. I usually add more water (all increases the water intake) and it isn't too bad. julia x

Thanks to everyone who helped me today. I managed to get in touch with a cambridge diet counsellor who lives five mins from me and she gave me a couple of shakes to tide me over cos apparently it's really bad not to have the full three shakes a day as your body goes into starvation and you can become ill as your body may start to burn lean tissue and muscle. I was so impressed with the selection of shakes, soups and bars (and the fact I don't have to drive 40 mins to get to nearest lipotrim pharmacy) that I've decided to switch to cd completely as it's also cheaper and there's loadsa choice (still total food replacement tho). Thanks to everyone who helped me today. I hope anyone else who's had trouble with running out gets sorted. Thanks again xxxxx

Back